Chocolate hazelnut truffles are a holiday treat that is sure to please any chocolate lover. These bite-sized treats are made with a rich chocolate hazelnut filling and coated in a thin layer of chocolate. They are then rolled in chopped nuts or cocoa powder for a final touch.
Chocolate hazelnut truffles are best served at room temperature, so be sure to take them out of the fridge about an hour before serving. For an extra special treat, try dipping them in melted chocolate and then rolling them in chopped nuts or cocoa powder. Chocolate hazelnut truffles are a delicious way to celebrate the holidays!
Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles are also a great way to show someone how much you care.
Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles are a holiday favorite for many people. While there are many delicious truffle flavors to choose from, Chocolate Hazelnut is one of the most popular. The rich, creamy chocolate combined with the crunchy hazelnuts makes for a heavenly treat. Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles are also a great way to show someone how much you care. They are perfect for gift-giving, and they can be enjoyed by people of all ages. If you are looking for a special way to show someone you care this holiday season, Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles are the way to go!
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: n/a
Yield: 15-18 truffles
Ingredients needed to make Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles
- ½ c. raw hazelnuts
12 Medjool dates, pitted
2 T. cocoa powder, unsweetened
2 T. coconut flour
1 T. coconut oil, melted
1½ T. pure maple syrup
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
¼ t. coarse salt
¼ c. hazelnuts or almonds, ground
¼ c. coconut flakes, finely shredded
- 2 T unsweetened cocoa powder + ¼ t. each cayenne pepper and coarse salt
Instructions for making Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles
- Place pitted dates in a small bowl filled with warm water. Set aside to soak for 10-15 minutes.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with wax paper and set aside. Pour each selected coating, if using, onto a separate shallow, rimmed plate and set aside.
- Add hazelnuts to a food processor and process until finely ground.
- Remove the softened dates from bowl and drain off any excess water. Add dates and cocoa powder to food processor and blend until smooth, approximately 3-4 minutes. Scrape the sides, as necessary, to ensure mixture is thoroughly combined.
Tip: Add a few drops of water at a time, if necessary, to achieve a smooth consistency, but don’t add too much.
- Add coconut flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt to the mixture and process until combined.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and divide into 15-18 equal-sized portions. Roll each section of dough into a ball before rolling in the selected coatings.
- Once coated, place on prepared baking tray and place in the refrigerator to chill for several minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles are a delicious and easy to make treat. The combination of chocolate and hazelnut is a classic flavor that is always a hit with everyone. While the basic recipe is very simple, there are many different ways that you can vary the flavor of your Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles. For example, you could change the type of chocolate that you use, or add other flavors to the truffles such as coffee or mint. The possibilities are endless, so be creative and have fun!
Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles are a delicious treat that can be enjoyed all year round. However, many people are unsure of how long they can be stored for. Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. If you want to keep them for longer, they can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles are best enjoyed at room temperature, so be sure to take them out of the fridge or freezer at least 30 minutes before you plan to eat them. Enjoy your Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles!
Chocolate hazelnut truffles are a rich and decadent treat that are perfect for special occasions. Though they may look impressive, they are actually quite simple to make. Here are a few tips to help you create the perfect Chocolate Hazelnut Truffle:
-Start with high-quality chocolate. Chocolate hazelnut truffles are all about the chocolate, so be sure to use a brand that you love.
-Melt the chocolate slowly and carefully. Chocolate can easily burn, so be sure to melt it over a double boiler or in the microwave on low power.
-Stir in the hazelnut spread until it is completely smooth. Be sure to use a good quality hazelnut spread for the best flavor.
-Refrigerate the mixture for at least an hour before rolling into balls. This will help the truffles to hold their shape.
-Roll the truffles in cocoa powder, chopped nuts, or confectioners' sugar. This will give them a beautiful coating and help them to stay fresh.
With these tips, you'll be able to create delicious Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles that are perfect for any occasion!