The Dark Cherry and Mint Fizz cocktail should be the star of your next brunch event. This cocktail is light, fizzy, and perfect for an invigorating start to any gathering. If you're looking to indulge without alcohol, this cocktail can be transformed into a mocktail by simply replacing booze with seltzer or tonic water.
The sweet honey and bubbly carbonation will tantalize your taste buds for an exciting treat! The light purple shade of this cocktail is visually captivating and will be sure to add a special flair as it's passed around your brunch table.
How good is Dark Cherry and Mint Fizz?
Dark Cherry and Mint Fizz is the perfect beverage for anyone seeking the goodness of the natural sweetness of cherries and the refreshing burst of mint. This flavor combination promises a taste that is both delightful and savory. The dark cherry gives the perfect balance to the sharp mint, making the drink as pleasant on the palate as it is visual. Don't miss out on this wonderful experience Dark Cherry and Mint Fizz has to offer; it truly is an enjoyably unique blend of two great flavors!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: n/a
Ingredients needed to make Dark Cherry and Mint Fizz
- 2 c. dark cherries, pitted (fresh or frozen)
2 T. honey
1 c. water
¼ c. fresh lime juice
1 c. fresh mint leaves, washed, patted dry, and torn
- 2 c. club soda
Optional Adults-Only Version:
Add 1 oz. gin per serving
Instructions for making Dark Cherry and Mint Fizz
- Combine dark cherries, honey, and water in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, for 4-5 minutes or until the mixture is warmed through and bubbly and the cherries release their juices.
- Remove from heat and transfer the dark cherry mixture to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Pour into a pitcher and let cool at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- Add lime juice and mint leaves and stir to combine. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To serve, fill four serving glasses with ice and add ¼ cup dark cherry mixture, ½ cup club soda, and one-ounce gin, if using, to each glass. Stir gently to combine and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Whether you like your drinks sweet or tart, variations of the Dark Cherry and Mint Fizz can be made to please any palate. You can make variations by using different fruits such as raspberry or quince, and could also use a combination of cherry and an alternate fruit. If you prefer sweeter variations, swap out the tonic water for soda water or ginger beer to add more sweetness. You can adjust the amount of mint according to preference; adding spearmint leaves adds a slight bitterness to balance out the sweetness.
Experiment with various variations for the perfect Dark Cherry and Mint Fizz.
Dark Cherry and Mint Fizz is a refreshing, fruity beverage that can make any situation more enjoyable. Although it’s best if served immediately, storage is possible too! The storage life of Dark Cherry and Mint Fizz depends on the storage conditions; if stored at room temperature (around 75°F or 21°C) this popular drink is generally safe to consume for up to two weeks. However, if you want to enjoy the optimal flavor of this tasty drink we recommend consuming it within five days. When not properly sealed and stored in a freezer, the storage life of Dark Cherry and Mint Fizz reduces considerably; so it’s important to ensure that the bottle or can is tightly closed after every use. You may find that freezing small portions of Dark Cherry and Mint Fizz would be the most ideal way to store it as far as flavor retention goes.Print