Honey-roasted figs with labneh and pistachios are the perfect appetizer for your next gathering. The sweet taste of honey complements the tangy flavor of labneh, while the crunch of pistachios adds a lovely contrast.
This dish is also incredibly easy to make, so you can spend more time enjoying your guests' company. Simply roast some fresh figs in the oven, then top with a dollop of labneh and some chopped pistachios. The result is a delicious and beautiful appetizer that is sure to impress your guests.
What is so Special about Honey-Roasted Figs with Labneh & Pistachios?
Honey-Roasted Figs with Labneh & Pistachios is a dish that is special because of the combination of flavors and textures. The sweetness of the honey, the creaminess of the labneh, and the crunch of the pistachios all come together to create a truly unique experience. This dish is also special because it is beautiful to look at. The colors of the figs, the labneh, and the pistachios all contrast each other perfectly. Honey-Roasted Figs with Labneh & Pistachios is a dish that is guaranteed to impress anyone who tries it.
Prep time: 10 minutes + time to strain labneh (1-2 days)
Cook time: 30-35 minutes
- 2 c. whole-fat plain yogurt
- ½ t. salt
- 8 large ripe figs, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 T. local honey, divided
- ¼ c. pistachios, chopped
- To make the labneh, combine yogurt and salt in a small bowl and stir until blended. Line a metal strainer with several layers of cheesecloth and position the strainer over a large, deep bowl.
- Transfer the yogurt mixture to the lined strainer and cover. Place in the refrigerator to drain for 1-2 days. (The longer the yogurt is strained, the firmer the labneh will become).
- To prepare roasted figs, pre-heat oven to 350°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking sheet. Arrange sliced figs on a baking sheet, cut side up, and drizzle with some honey.
- Place baking sheet in preheated oven and roast for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for several minutes.
- Top each roasted fig with a spoonful of fresh labneh and a sprinkle of chopped pistachios. Drizzle with some local honey and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Honey-Roasted Figs with Labneh & Pistachios is a dish that combines sweet and savory flavors. The honey and figs provide sweetness, while the labneh and pistachios add a salty crunch. This dish can be served as an appetizer or main course.
If you're looking for substitutes for any of the ingredients, there are a few options. For the honey, you can use agave nectar or maple syrup. The figs can be replaced with dried apricots or dates. And for the labneh, you can use yogurt or cream cheese. No matter what substitutes you use, this dish is sure to be delicious.
Honey-roasted figs with labneh and pistachios is a dish that can be enjoyed either cold or at room temperature. If you choose to store it in the fridge, it will last up to four days. The best way to store this dish is in an airtight container so that the flavors can continue to develop and blend together. Honey-roasted figs with labneh and pistachios is a dish that is best served fresh, but it can still be enjoyed after being stored in the fridge for a few days.
Top 5 Tips
Honey-Roasted Figs with Labneh & Pistachios is a delicious and healthy snack that is perfect for any time of day. Here are five tips to help you make the perfect Honey-Roasted Figs with Labneh & Pistachios:
- Choose ripe figs for the best flavor. Ripe figs will be soft to the touch and have a deep color. Avoid figs that are hard or have green patches.
- Cut the figs in half lengthwise so that they roast evenly.
- Drizzle honey over the figs before roasting to add sweetness and flavor.
- Use a fresh, high-quality labneh for the best taste and texture. Labneh is a type of yogurt that is thick and creamy. It can be found in Middle Eastern grocery stores or online.
- Top the Honey-Roasted Figs with Labneh & Pistachios with chopped pistachios for a bit of crunch. You can also use other nuts or seeds, such as almonds or sunflower seeds. Enjoy!