Hey there, salad lovers! Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with a truly delightful culinary creation - the Delicious Farm Fresh Greek Steak Salad. Packed with vibrant colors, crisp textures, and an irresistible medley of flavors, this salad is a refreshing twist on the classic Greek salad.
Picture succulent grilled steak slices mingling with juicy tomatoes, crunchy cucumbers, tangy feta cheese, briny olives, and a generous drizzle of zesty lemon-herb dressing. It's a wholesome and satisfying dish that celebrates the best of farm-fresh ingredients and Mediterranean-inspired goodness. So, grab your forks and join us on this culinary journey as we dive into the delightful world of the Farm Fresh Greek Steak Salad. Let's get chopping!
Every bite is a burst of Mediterranean goodness
Farm Fresh Greek Steak Salad is a true culinary delight that will leave you craving its exceptional flavors. With its juicy steak, crisp vegetables, tangy feta cheese, and zesty dressing, every bite is a burst of Mediterranean goodness. Whether you're a salad lover or simply seeking a healthy and satisfying meal, this salad is sure to impress with its vibrant colors, bold flavors, and wholesome ingredients. So, treat yourself to the goodness of Farm Fresh Greek Steak Salad and elevate your dining experience with this sensational dish. It's time to indulge in a salad that not only nourishes your body but also tantalizes your taste buds.
Prep time: 10 minutes (+ time to marinate)
Cook time: 15-20 minutes*
- Every bite is a burst of Mediterranean goodness
- Ingredients needed to make a Farm Fresh Greek Steak Salad
- How to make Farm Fresh Greek Steak Salad
- Variations on the Farm Fresh Greek Steak Salad recipe
- Equipment used in making the Farm Fresh Greek Steak Salad
- Storage for the Farm Fresh Greek Steak Salad
- Top tips to know when making the Farm Fresh Greek Steak Salad
- How to make a Farm Fresh Greek Steak Salad
Ingredients needed to make a Farm Fresh Greek Steak Salad
- Dressing Ingredients:¼ c. balsamic vinegar
- ½ c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1 t. Dijon mustard
- 2 t. Italian seasoning
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Salad Ingredients:
- 1 lbs. Strip steak, approximately 1½” thick
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- 4 c. mixed salad greens (or other lettuce, of choice)
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1 c. grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ c. Kalamata olives, sliced
- ½ c. Feta cheese, crumbled
How to make Farm Fresh Greek Steak Salad
- In a medium bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Add the steak to a large, sealable freezer bag. Pour half of the balsamic dressing on top and seal tightly. Gently turn the bag to make sure the steak is thoroughly coated in the marinade. Marinate the steak for at least 30 minutes at room temperature (but not more than 2 hours) or place it in the refrigerator overnight. Transfer the remaining half of the dressing to an airtight container and set aside until ready to use.
- When ready to prepare the salad, place the top oven rack in the center position and preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Turn the exhaust fan to the highest setting and heat olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over high heat. Remove the steak from the marinade and discard the bag. Add the steak to the hot skillet and sear on all sides, approximately 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and roast the steak to the desired level of doneness, approximately 8 minutes for medium-rare.**
**Use an instant-read thermometer to check for doneness. The steak should be 5-10°F below the desired temp (e.g., 135°F for medium-rare) when removed from the oven. The internal temp will continue to rise while resting.
- Remove steak from oven and transfer to a plate. Cover loosely and set aside to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the freshly chopped avocado with the lemon juice to prevent browning. Set aside.
- Layer the mixed salad greens, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, olives, and avocado on a large serving platter and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Once the steak is rested, slice it into thin strips and place it on top of the salad. Top with crumbled Feta cheese and serve immediately with the remaining balsamic dressing on the side. Enjoy!
Variations on the Farm Fresh Greek Steak Salad recipe
Explore these delightful variations of the Delicious Farm Fresh Greek Steak Salad to add variety to your meals and discover new taste sensations. Let your creativity shine as you customize and experiment with flavors that suit your preferences. Enjoy the fresh and vibrant flavors of the Mediterranean in every bite!
- Mediterranean Chicken Salad: Swap out the steak for grilled chicken breast marinated in Mediterranean herbs and spices. Enjoy the same refreshing flavors with a protein twist.
- Vegetarian Greek Salad: Skip the meat altogether and make it a vegetarian delight by adding extra veggies like roasted bell peppers, artichoke hearts, and chickpeas for added protein.
- Shrimp and Feta Salad: Give your salad a seafood twist by replacing the steak with succulent grilled shrimp. Top it off with crumbled feta cheese and a lemon-herb dressing for a burst of Mediterranean flavors.
- Quinoa Greek Salad: Add a nutritious and gluten-free touch by incorporating cooked quinoa into your salad. It adds a satisfying texture and boosts the protein and fiber content.
- Greek Steak Wrap: Take the salad to-go by wrapping all the delicious ingredients in a soft tortilla or pita bread. It's a convenient and portable option for a flavorful and filling meal.
- Greek Steak Skewers: Thread marinated steak cubes onto skewers and grill them to perfection. Serve them alongside a Greek salad for a fun and interactive dining experience.
- Greek Steak Salad Bowl: Transform your salad into a hearty bowl by layering the ingredients over a bed of quinoa, couscous, or mixed greens. Drizzle with the lemon-herb dressing and enjoy a satisfying meal in a bowl.
- Grilled Vegetable Greek Salad: Add a smoky twist by grilling an assortment of vegetables like zucchini, eggplant, and bell peppers. Toss them with the traditional Greek salad ingredients for a delicious grilled veggie version.
- Greek Steak and Avocado Salad: Enhance the creaminess by adding sliced avocado to your salad. The buttery texture and richness of avocado complement the flavors of the Greek steak salad beautifully.
- Greek Steak Salad with Tzatziki Dressing: Replace the lemon-herb dressing with a dollop of tangy and refreshing tzatziki sauce. The coolness of the yogurt-based dressing pairs perfectly with the savory steak and crisp veggies.
Equipment used in making the Farm Fresh Greek Steak Salad
Storage for the Farm Fresh Greek Steak Salad
When it comes to storing Farm Fresh Greek Steak Salad, you can keep it in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. However, to maintain its freshness and optimal taste, it's best to consume it within the first 24-48 hours. Remember to store it in an airtight container to preserve the flavors and textures of the ingredients. Whether you're meal prepping or enjoying leftovers, this salad will continue to impress with its delicious flavors even after a day or two in the fridge.
Top tips to know when making the Farm Fresh Greek Steak Salad
By following these top tips, you'll be well on your way to creating a mouthwatering Delicious Farm Fresh Greek Steak Salad that will impress your taste buds and guests alike. Enjoy the vibrant flavors of the Mediterranean and savor each delicious bite!
- Choose Quality Ingredients: Opt for fresh, farm-fresh produce like ripe tomatoes, crisp cucumbers, and vibrant lettuce. Select high-quality steak cuts for tender and flavorful results.
- Marinade for Flavor: Marinate the steak in a Greek-inspired marinade with garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, and herbs. This enhances the steak's taste and infuses it with Mediterranean flavors.
- Get the Grilling Right: Preheat your grill to medium-high heat and cook the steak to your desired doneness. Remember to let it rest before slicing for juicy and tender meat.
- Crisp Veggies: Slice the vegetables evenly and keep them crisp. Soaking the sliced onions in cold water for a few minutes can mellow their sharpness.
- Go for Authentic Cheese: Use authentic Greek feta cheese for that tangy and salty flavor. Crumble it over the salad just before serving to retain its texture.
- Elevate with Olives: Add a briny bite to your salad with a variety of olives like Kalamata or Castelvetrano. Pit them if necessary and scatter them over the salad for extra flavor.
- Dressing Balance: Prepare a tangy lemon-herb dressing using fresh herbs like parsley, oregano, and dill. Adjust the acidity and seasoning to your taste preferences, ensuring a well-balanced dressing.
- Toss Gently: When combining the ingredients, toss the salad gently to ensure even distribution of flavors without crushing the delicate ingredients.
- Let It Chill: Refrigerate the salad for at least 30 minutes before serving. This allows the flavors to meld together and enhances the overall taste.
- Customize and Experiment: Feel free to customize the salad with additional ingredients like roasted red peppers, cherry tomatoes, or even a sprinkle of toasted pine nuts. Let your creativity shine and enjoy the process of making it your own.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: