For those looking to spice up their family dinner or party gathering, this Mac & Cheese Pepperoni Pizza Skillet recipe is a must-try! This comfort food merges two classics - mac and cheese and pepperoni pizza - into one satisfying and easy-to-make dish.
Its cheesy goodness is sure to impress your guests, while also providing a delicious solution for holiday cooking. Whether you're a seasoned cook or a beginner, this recipe is simple to follow and takes just 30 minutes to prepare. Plus, any leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator and reheated for a quick and tasty mocktail that the whole family will enjoy. So why not grab your skillet and whip up this delicious meal tonight?
The beauty of this recipe is that it's quick and easy to whip up.
The Mac & Cheese Pepperoni Pizza Skillet recipe is a hit with kids all across the country. It's the perfect combination of two classic family favorites - mac & cheese and pizza - in one delicious skillet dish. The beauty of this recipe is that it's quick and easy to whip up, so you can spend more time with your loved ones and less time in the kitchen. Plus, the leftovers store well so you can enjoy the tasty leftovers for days to come. So, why not impress your family and friends with this mouth-watering recipe and become the star of your next gathering?
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- The beauty of this recipe is that it's quick and easy to whip up.
- Ingredients needed to make Mac & Cheese Pepperoni Pizza Skillet
- How to make Mac & Cheese Pepperoni Pizza Skillet
- Variations on the Mac & Cheese Pepperoni Pizza Skillet recipe
- Equipment used in making Mac & Cheese Pepperoni Pizza Skillet
- Storage for the Mac & Cheese Pepperoni Pizza Skillet
- Top tips for making Mac & Cheese Pepperoni Pizza Skillet
- Mac & Cheese Pepperoni Pizza Skillet
Ingredients needed to make Mac & Cheese Pepperoni Pizza Skillet
- 10 oz. Small penne pasta
- 1 T. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Medium onion, diced
- 2 T. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. Milk
- ¼ c. Heavy cream
- 3 oz. Sharp cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 5 oz. Fontina cheese, freshly grated and divided
- 1 c. Marinara sauce (jarred or homemade)
- 3 oz. Pepperoni slices
- ¼ cup Fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
How to make Mac & Cheese Pepperoni Pizza Skillet
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- While the oven is preheating, heat a large pot of lightly salted water over high heat and prepare the pasta according to package directions, cooking 1-2 minutes less than al dente. (Pasta will continue to cook during baking).
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil over medium heat in a large oven-safe skillet. Add in the onion and season to taste with salt and pepper. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until the onion becomes soft and translucent, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over the onion and cook, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes.
- While stirring constantly, slowly stream the milk and cream into the onion and flour mixture. Let the milk come to a gentle simmer and continue cooking and stirring until the béchamel thickens, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the Italian seasoning, cheddar, and one-half of the fontina cheese.
- Continue cooking and stirring until the cheeses melt.
- Drain the cooked pasta and combine it with the cheesy sauce. Remove from heat and top with marinara, pepperoni slices, and reserved fontina.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!
Variations on the Mac & Cheese Pepperoni Pizza Skillet recipe
Cooking and preparing food can be a fun family activity during holidays or party gatherings. One recipe, in particular, that always seems to be a crowd pleaser is Mac & Cheese Pepperoni Pizza Skillet. While this dish is always a fan favorite, there are some variations that can be introduced to add some extra flavor and variety to your family dinner. Consider experimenting with different cheese blends, toppings, or even incorporating some vegetables for a healthier twist. If you're looking to switch things up beyond the recipe, try pairing this comfort food dish with a festive mocktail or storing leftovers for a quick and easy meal later in the week. The possibilities are endless when it comes to this classic comfort food dish.
Equipment used in making Mac & Cheese Pepperoni Pizza Skillet
Storage for the Mac & Cheese Pepperoni Pizza Skillet
The Mac & Cheese Pepperoni Pizza Skillet has become a fast favorite in family dinners and holiday get-togethers. This comfort food mashup of pasta, cheese, and pepperoni brings the zest of a pizza combined with the creamy richness of mac & cheese. It's a recipe that's easy to cook and can be a hit at party gatherings. But what if you have leftovers? You can store it in the fridge for up to three days. Whether you're cooking for a big group or simply craving a hearty dish, this skillet is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. So, go ahead and indulge in this tasty and flavorful dish with your loved ones.
Top tips for making Mac & Cheese Pepperoni Pizza Skillet
The key to making it come out perfect is to follow the recipe exactly and don't skimp on the cheese.
Also, to take your dish to the next level:
start by cooking the mac and cheese according to your favorite recipe, then add in pepperoni slices and your favorite pizza toppings before baking it in the oven to achieve a crispy and cheesy finish. Whether you are making this recipe for a holiday dinner or a cozy night in, it is sure to become a fan-favorite and staple in your cooking routine.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: