Pumpkin spice muffins are the perfect fall treat. The combination of pumpkin, spices, and sweetness is hard to resist. And they're so easy to make! This recipe makes enough for 12 muffins, so you can share them with your friends or family. Pumpkin spice muffins are best enjoyed fresh out of the oven, but they'll keep in an airtight container for up to 2-3 days. So, what are you waiting for? Get baking!
A classic fall dessert.
Pumpkin Spice Muffins are a classic fall dessert. They're perfect for a quick snack or a leisurely breakfast, and they're always a hit at parties. This recipe makes 12 muffins, so it's perfect for feeding a crowd. And because they're made with canned pumpkins, they're super easy to make. Just mix the ingredients together and bake! Pumpkin Spice Muffins are best served warm, so be sure to pop them in the microwave for a few seconds before serving. Enjoy!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 25-30 minutes
Yields: 12 regular-sized muffins
- 2½ c. sugar
- ⅔ c. vegetable oil
- ⅔ c. water
- 4 large eggs
- 15-oz. can of pure pumpkin
- 3½ c. all-purpose flour
- 2 t. baking soda
- 1 t. salt
- 1½ t. ground cinnamon
- 1 t. ground nutmeg
- ½ t. ground cloves
- ½ t. ground ginger
- ½ c. coarse decorating sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a muffin pan with 12 regular-sized cupcake liners. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, oil, water, eggs, and pumpkin puree in a large mixing bowl and beat on low for 1 minute. (You can also beat by hand if preferred). Do not overmix.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger to a small bowl and stir to combine. Add dry mixture to pumpkin batter and beat on low (or stir by hand) just until all ingredients are blended into the batter. Do not overmix.
- With a large spoon, fill cupcake liners with batter until they are ¾ full. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes, then remove from oven and sprinkle each muffin with coarse decorating sugar and return to oven to finish baking another 10-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (Total baking time should be 25-30 minutes).
- Remove from oven and cool 5-10 minutes before moving muffins to wire baking rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Spice Muffins are a delicious fall treat, but what if you don't have all the ingredients on hand? Never fear, there are plenty of substitutes that will work just as well in your Pumpkin Spice Muffins recipe. For example, if you don't have pumpkin spice on hand, you can substitute cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Or, if you're out of pumpkin puree, you can use applesauce or mashed bananas. And if you want to make your Pumpkin Spice Muffins a little more indulgent, you can always top them with a dollop of whipped cream or a drizzle of chocolate sauce. So don't be afraid to get creative in the kitchen - your Pumpkin Spice Muffins will be delicious no matter what!
Pumpkin Spice Muffins are a seasonal recipe that is enjoyed by many during the fall season. The tasty muffins are made with pumpkin puree and spices and often topped with a sweet streusel topping. While Pumpkin Spice Muffins are typically eaten fresh, they can actually be stored for later enjoyment. If stored properly, Pumpkin Spice Muffins will stay fresh for up to 2-3 days. To extend the shelf life of Pumpkin Spice Muffins, store them in an airtight container at room temperature. When ready to enjoy, Pumpkin Spice Muffins can be reheated in the microwave or enjoyed at room temperature. Enjoy your Pumpkin Spice Muffins within 2 days for the best results!
Tip: Make sure you choose 100% pure pumpkin vs. pumpkin pie filling for this recipe because you are already adding sugar and other spices.