Nothing says rustic and delicious like a rustic blueberry maple crisp recipe. Enjoy the classic flavors of maple syrup, and butter combined with fresh blueberries - all made in one easy baking dish! This simple rustic dessert is perfect for your next family gathering or weekend treat.
Not only is it loaded with flavor, but it's also incredibly easy to make. You just need some pre-made crumble mixture and there you have it! Just bake for 30 minutes until golden brown and serve warm for the ultimate rustic raspberry delight. Get ready to dig into a rustic blueberry maple crisp that will tantalize your taste buds!
Nothing says rustic and homey quite like rustic blueberry maple crisp.
Nothing says rustic and homey quite like rustic blueberry maple crisp. This rustic dessert recipe is made up of fresh, plump blueberries, covered in maple syrup sprinkled throughout with a delicious golden oat streusel topping. As it bakes in the oven, the aroma is tantalizing, with the inviting scents of butter, sweetness, and cinnamon; rustic blueberry maple crisp brings everyone together as they gather around to share its rustic hominess combined with its delightfully comforting taste.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45-50 minutes
Ingredients for making Rustic Blueberry Maple Crisp
4 c. fresh blueberries, rinsed
¼ c. real maple syrup
¾ t. ground cinnamon
½ t. ground allspice
½ t. dried rosemary (or 1½ t. fresh, finely chopped)
¾ c. old-fashioned rolled oats
¼ c. almond flour
¼ c. almonds, sliced
¼ c. honey, preferably local
2 T. unsalted butter, melted
⅛ t. table salt
Optional, to Serve:
1 c. Greek yogurt
Instructions for making Rustic Blueberry Maple Crisp
- Place top oven rack in the center position and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place blueberries in a large bowl. Add maple syrup, cinnamon, allspice, rosemary, and salt. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Combine the topping ingredients in a separate bowl and stir until oats are thoroughly coated and all ingredients are well combined. Set aside.
- Pour blueberry mixture into a 10” cast iron skillet and spread into an even layer. Spread the topping evenly across the top in a uniform layer, as well.
- Place into preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes. If the top layer is nicely browned at this point, cover dish loosely with aluminum foil to prevent over-browning. Bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the blueberry crisp is nice and bubbling. Remove from oven and set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve warm with some Greek yogurt, if desired. Enjoy!
Form into ball shape with your hands
If you’ve been craving a rustic dessert recipe but growing tired of the usual suspects, why not switch up your usual routine and try out rustic blueberry maple crisp? Not only does it sound delicious, but there are also so many variations that you can make to create a unique, personalized treat!
Try substituting one kind of berry for another or use different types of nuts instead. Maybe opt for granola instead of oats or add some spices or extracts to give the whole dessert an extra kick. Experimenting with rustic blueberry maple crisp is the perfect way to explore the endless possibilities in rustic desserts and ensure each time around is just as tasty, if not tastier than the first!
Rustic Blueberry Maple Crisp is a delicious and easy-to-make rustic dessert recipe. If you're making a larger batch, you may wonder how long it can be stored in the fridge.
The answer is that Rustic Blueberry Maple Crisp can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days when stored in an air-tight container.
To make this scrumptious treat you'll need blueberries or cranberries, cinnamon, butter, an egg, oats, flour, and of course maple syrup. The key is to not be afraid of using plenty of butter – you want your crisp top to be crispy but also moist within the elements. Once your top browns and slightly bubbles, the yummy filling inside will make magic happen! Lastly, the trick to making sure it's extra-crispy on top is to cook it a little longer in the oven until golden brown - melted maple syrup blended with fruity berries makes a wonderful combination that can't go wrong!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: