Salsa verde is the perfect way to add some zing to any meal, and garden-fresh salsa verde takes it to a new level. This vibrant and bright green condiment is made by blending together fresh ingredients such as tomatillos, cilantro, onion, and jalapenos, resulting in a delicious, tangy flavor that pairs perfectly with everything from tacos to grilled meats.
The best part? You can customize your own homemade salsa verde to your liking by adjusting the spice level, adding other herbs like parsley or mint, or incorporating unique ingredients like avocado. So, whether you're a salsa veteran or a newcomer, garden-fresh salsa verde is guaranteed to elevate your next dish to new heights.
Garden-Fresh Salsa Verde recipe is a wonderfully healthy and delicious snack or addition to any meal.
Garden-Fresh Salsa Verde recipe is a wonderfully healthy and delicious snack or addition to any meal. Made with fresh ingredients such as tomatillos, cilantro, and jalapenos, this recipe packs a nutritional punch. Tomatillos are high in vitamin C and K, while cilantro is a great source of antioxidants. Meanwhile, jalapenos contain capsaicin, which has been linked to a reduced risk of chronic diseases. Together, these ingredients make for a salsa that not only tastes great but can also contribute to a balanced and nutritious diet. So, whether you're looking for a healthy snack or a flavorful topping for your tacos, give Garden-Fresh Salsa Verde a try!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 – 20 minutes
- Garden-Fresh Salsa Verde recipe is a wonderfully healthy and delicious snack or addition to any meal.
- Ingredients needed to make Salsa verde
- How to make Salsa verde
- Variations on the Salsa Verde recipe
- Equipment used in making Salsa verde
- Storage for the Salsa verde
- Top tips for making Salsa verde
- Garden-Fresh Salsa Verde
Ingredients needed to make Salsa verde
- 1 lb. tomatillos
2 medium jalapeno peppers
- 3-4 cloves fresh garlic, peeled
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
4 green onions, chopped
- ¼ c. fresh cilantro leaves
- ¼ c. fresh lime juice
- 2 t. ground cumin
2 t. dried oregano
- Optional: 1 T. honey
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
How to make Salsa verde
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat. Set aside.
- Husk tomatillos and cut in half. Arrange tomatillos in a single layer on a prepared baking sheet, along with whole jalapeno peppers and garlic cloves. Drizzle with olive oil and toss gently to coat.
- Place baking sheet in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from oven and let cool for several minutes.
- Once cool enough to handle, cut jalapeno peppers in half and remove seeds before transferring the roasted veggies to a blender or food processor. Add green onion, cilantro, lime juice, ground cumin, and oregano. Pulse until ingredients are combined, but the mixture is still a little chunky.
- Taste and add a drizzle of honey to sweeten, if desired. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve immediately or freeze for later use. Enjoy!
Variations on the Salsa Verde recipe
Garden-Fresh Salsa Verde is a classic recipe that is perfect for any occasion. However, sometimes you may want to switch things up a bit and try something new. There are many variations that can be applied to this recipe to create a unique and delicious taste. You can add in some chopped pineapple for a tropical twist, or stir in some roasted corn to give it a smoky flavor. For those who like a bit of heat, adding in some diced jalapenos or serrano peppers can definitely spice things up. Another fun variation is to swap out the traditional tomatillo base for a green tomato base. The possibilities are endless when it comes to making Garden-Fresh Salsa Verde your own. So go ahead and experiment, your taste buds will thank you!
Equipment used in making Salsa verde
Storage for the Salsa verde
Looking for a delicious salsa that can last for days? Look no further than Garden-Fresh Salsa Verde! This popular condiment combines the tangy taste of tomatillos with the zesty kick of jalapenos, making it the perfect addition to any dish. But how long can you store it in the fridge before it goes bad? According to most experts, Garden-Fresh Salsa Verde can last for up to a week in the fridge if stored properly. Just make sure to keep it sealed in an airtight container and avoid cross-contamination with other foods. So go ahead and make a big batch - with Garden-Fresh Salsa Verde, you can enjoy a fresh and flavorful salsa any time!
Top tips for making Salsa verde
There's nothing quite like homemade salsa, especially when it's filled with fresh, garden goodness. The Garden-Fresh Salsa Verde recipe is a prime example of a delicious, easy-to-make salsa that will become a staple in your snack repertoire this summer. Here are a few tips to make your homemade creation really stand out.
First, use fresh ingredients. Choose the ripest, most vibrant tomatillos and herbs you can find. Second, don't be afraid to customize the recipe to your taste. Add a little more heat with extra jalapeños or tone it down with fewer.
Finally, don't skimp on the lime juice or salt. These are the flavors that really bring the salsa together and make it sing.
With these top tips in mind, you'll be whipping up a memorable batch of Garden-Fresh Salsa Verde in no time.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: