The Browned Butter, Pumpkin, and Bacon Linguine recipe is sure to make a delicious weeknight dinner! Using pasta as a base and adding in creamy pumpkin, bacon linguine, and browned butter to this dish, your taste buds will thank you.
Browning the butter yields a nutty flavor that pairs perfectly with the smoky bacon linguine - your family will be asking for seconds. With this simple yet creative recipe, you can enjoy an easy, unique meal that looks and tastes like it took hours to prepare.
This dish is an excellent dinner option for those looking to incorporate the flavors of fall into their meals.
The Browned Butter, Pumpkin, and Bacon Linguine recipe is an excellent dinner option for those looking to incorporate the flavors of fall into their meals. Offering a healthier alternative to traditional pasta recipes, this dish combines the nuttiness of browned butter with the sweetness of pumpkin and the richness of crispy bacon. Together these components create a delicious and creamy bacon pumpkin pasta sauce that will make any meal special. Not only does it satisfy taste buds but its nutrient-rich ingredients help contribute to better overall health. Plus, it takes just minutes to prepare! All these things make the Browned Butter, Pumpkin, and Bacon Linguine recipe a welcome addition to any table.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- This dish is an excellent dinner option for those looking to incorporate the flavors of fall into their meals.
- Ingredients needed to make Browned Butter, Pumpkin, and Bacon Linguine
- How to make Browned Butter, Pumpkin, and Bacon Linguine
- Variations of this dish
- What is Browned Butter
- Storage for leftovers
- Top tips on making this dish
- More Pasta Recipes
- Browned Butter, Pumpkin, and Bacon Linguine
Ingredients needed to make Browned Butter, Pumpkin, and Bacon Linguine
- 4 slices bacon
12 oz. linguine, cooked according to package instructions
6 T. butter, cut into 6 even pieces
3 shallots, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3-4 fresh sage leaves, chopped
1 c. pure pumpkin puree, canned or homemade
½ c. heavy cream black pepper, to taste
2 oz. parmesan cheese shaved into large strips with a potato peeler
How to make Browned Butter, Pumpkin, and Bacon Linguine
- Cook bacon in a large light-colored skillet over medium heat until crispy. Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel and set aside. Cook fresh sage leaves in bacon drippings until crispy, 3-4 minutes. Set aside on a plate with bacon strips. Reserve pan for Step 3.
- Prepare linguine according to package directions. Drain well, but do not rinse. Keep pasta warm.
- Wipe the skillet you used to cook bacon with a paper towel. Add butter. Cook gently over medium heat until the butter begins to melt. Once melted, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until brown and starts to foam, 5-6 minutes. Watch carefully and stir occasionally so the butter does not burn.
- Add shallots and garlic to the browned butter and cook until the veggies become fragrant, 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin puree and heavy cream and continue cooking until heated through 2-3 minutes.
- Add linguine to the buttery pumpkin sauce. Toss to coat with sauce. Taste and season with black pepper, to taste. (Salt is not generally required due to the addition of bacon and parmesan in the next step).
- Break bacon into large pieces. Crumble sage.
- Twirl pasta onto plates and top with crispy bacon, sage, and parmesan shavings. Enjoy!
Variations of this dish
Bacon pumpkin pasta sauce is one of the most delicious recipes you can make for dinner. It's a simple dish of pasta with creamy pumpkin sauce and bacon - what could be better? If you're looking to add some variety to this recipe, there are plenty of variations to choose from. Why not amp up the flavor with red chili flakes or garlic? You can also switch out the type of pasta used, opting for a gluten-free alternative like quinoa or lentil pasta. For anyone looking to "meat" up their meal, sautéing some chopped chicken in the sauce adds a lovely savory element that complements the sweet pumpkin perfectly. Whatever variation you decide on, the bacon pumpkin pasta sauce recipe promises to always taste great!
What is Browned Butter
Browned butter is a recipe technique whereby you slowly cook butter until the foam on top is golden brown. It adds a nutty and rich flavor to dishes, making them extra flavorful and delicious! For dinner tonight, why not try out this amazing browned butter pumpkin bacon pasta sauce recipe? The combination of salty bacon and creamy pumpkin with the nutty taste of browned butter will create an unforgettable dish that your family won't be able to get enough of. Give it a try tonight and see what all the fuss is about!
Storage for leftovers
This delicious bacon pumpkin pasta sauce recipe can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to five days, which makes it perfect for busy weeknight dinners. It combines savory bacon with fresh pumpkin to create a flavor that is both unique and tasty. Plus, the dish only takes about 25 minutes to prepare, including cooking time. All you have to do is boil some pasta and heat up your sauce – dinner will be ready before you know it!
Top tips on making this dish
To cook the perfect bacon pumpkin pasta sauce, top tips are essential. The first top tip is to buy top-quality ingredients; as with any recipe using quality produce will always improve the taste of the final dish! Furthermore, when crumbling the bacon use a kitchen machine or mortar and pestle until it forms small crumbs. When cooking the pumpkin purée make sure to slightly soften them in a pan with butter and season generously with fresh ground pepper and sea salt. Lastly, be very careful not to overcook the pasta as this will ruin its texture; stick to al dente and your dinner guests are certain to be impressed with your homemade bacon pumpkin pasta sauce!
More Pasta Recipes
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: