Bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers are amazing appetizers that are perfect for any holiday or party. They are easy to make, and they always seem to disappear quickly! I have been making them for years, and my family always loves them.
The key to making perfect bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers is to use good-quality bacon and to cook the bacon until it is crisp. I also like to add a little bit of cheddar cheese to the filling, but you can use any type of cheese that you like. If you want to kick up the heat a notch, you can also add some diced jalapeños to the filling. Just be sure to warn your guests that they might be spicy!
What Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers so festive ?
I often make them for family gatherings, and they are always one of the first things to disappear from the buffet table. What makes them so festive is the fact that they are wrapped in bacon. The salty, smoky flavor of the bacon pairs perfectly with the spicy jalapeño peppers, and the result is an amazing bite-sized treat that is sure to please any crowd. So if you're looking for an appetizer that is guaranteed to get rave reviews, Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers are the way to go!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
Yields: 24 appetizers
Ingredients needed to make Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
- 12 medium jalapeño peppers, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temp
- 1 c. cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1 t. garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half
- 2 T. fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
Instructions for making Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a Silpat™ baking mat. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and garlic powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Fill each jalapeño half with some of the cheese mixtures and wrap with one-half slice of bacon. Secure the bacon with a toothpick and set on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake until the cheese mixture is golden-brown and bubbly, and the bacon is cooked through approximately 20-25 minutes. Rotate the baking sheet once halfway through cooking to ensure even browning.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and transfer the poppers to a serving platter. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy!
There are many variations on the classic bacon-wrapped jalapeño popper. For example, you could try wrapping the pepper in thin slices of ham or prosciutto instead of bacon. You could also experiment with different cheeses, such as goat cheese or cream cheese. Another option is to stuff the pepper with a spicy filling, such as sausage or chorizo. And of course, you can always change up the dipping sauce. Try a tangy BBQ sauce or a creamy ranch dressing. With so many possibilities, you're sure to find a bacon-wrapped jalapeño popper that's perfect for you!
There's nothing quite like a bacon-wrapped jalapeño popper. The perfect combination of spicy, savory, and crunchy, these little bites are always a hit at parties. But what if you want to make them ahead of time? How long can you store them before they start to lose their flavor?
The answer depends on how you're storing them. If you're keeping them in the fridge, they'll last for up to four days.
So go ahead and make a big batch of bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers - they'll be just as delicious whether you eat them right away or store them for later. Enjoy!
Any fan of spicy food knows that jalapeño peppers pack a serious punch. And when you combine the heat of the peppers with the rich flavor of bacon, you get awinning combination. That's why bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers are such a popular appetizer. If you're looking to make your own bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers at home, here are a few top tips to help you get the perfect result:
- Choose your peppers wisely. Jalapeño peppers can vary widely in terms of how spicy they are, so it's important to select peppers that are uniform in size and heat level. If you want to really turn up the heat, you can even opt for hotter varieties like serrano or habanero peppers.
- Prep the peppers properly. Before wrapping each pepper in bacon, be sure to remove the seeds and ribs, as this will help to tame the heat. You can also give the peppers a quick blast of heat by charring them on the grill or under the broiler. This will help to soften them up and make them easier to wrap.
- Use high-quality bacon. When it comes to bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers, quality definitely matters. Be sure to choose good-quality smoked bacon that isn't too thick or too thin. And if you're really looking to take things up a notch, you can use pancetta or even prosciutto in place of traditional bacon strips.
- Cook until crisp. The key to getting perfectly cooked bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers is to cook them until the bacon is nice and crisp. This will ensure that the peppers are nicely roasted and that the fat from the bacon has had a chance to render out properly. cook them for too long and you run the risk of overcooking the peppers and making them mushy; cook them for too little time and the bacon won't be properly crisp. 5–7 minutes per side is usually about right.
- Let them rest before serving. Once you've removed the poppers from the grill or oven, resist the urge to serve them immediately. Instead, let them rest for 5–10 minutes so that they can cool slightly and all of those delicious flavors have a chance to meld together. Trust us, it'll be worth the wait!