Mushroom lovers rejoice! The BBQ Portobello Mushroom Burgers are just the healthy, yet delicious option for your next family dinner or outdoor grilling party. The recipe is simple yet flavorful, leaving you feeling guilt-free about indulging in this savory meal.
Whether it's a holiday gathering or a casual get-together with friends, these burgers are sure to impress all your guests. The juicy and tender mushroom cap, seasoned to perfection, paired with a fresh bun, lettuce, and tomato, will leave your taste buds wanting more. So fire up the grill and get cooking!
Warm nights call for outdoor grilling, and nothing beats a juicy burger for a family dinner.
Warm nights call for outdoor grilling, and nothing beats a juicy burger for a family dinner. However, if you're looking for a healthy take on the classic BBQ staple, look no further than the Portobello Mushroom Burger recipe. Not only does it satisfy the burger craving, but it's also a great way to enjoy some healthy food. Cooking up these burgers is easy, making it a perfect recipe for a holiday weekend. No more worrying about dry meat or greasy buns. With mushrooms as the star of the show, this burger packs in some great nutrients and flavor. Store any leftovers after the BBQ for a quick lunch or dinner later in the week. Enjoy a mocktail on the side and savor the taste of summer with this healthy recipe.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- Warm nights call for outdoor grilling, and nothing beats a juicy burger for a family dinner.
- Ingredients needed to make BBQ Portobello Mushroom Burgers
- How to make BBQ Portobello Mushroom Burgers
- Variations on the BBQ Portobello Mushroom Burgers recipe
- Equipment used in making the BBQ Portobello Mushroom Burgers
- Storage for the BBQ Portobello Mushroom Burgers
- Top tips on making the BBQ Portobello Mushroom Burgers
- BBQ Portobello Mushroom Burgers
Ingredients needed to make BBQ Portobello Mushroom Burgers
- 4 Bun Sized Portobello Mushrooms, cleaned and destemmed
- 1 T. olive oil
- 4 T. BBQ sauce
- 4 Hamburger buns
- 4 T. Mayonnaise
- 8 Butter lettuce leaves
- 1 Large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 Small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2-3 pickles, thinly sliced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
How to make BBQ Portobello Mushroom Burgers
- Preheat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan to medium-high.
- Brush the mushrooms with olive oil on both sides and grill just until fork-tender, 4-5 minutes per side.
- Brush the mushrooms with BBQ sauce and season to taste with salt and pepper. Grill for another 1-2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Spread a tablespoon of mayonnaise on each burger bun, top with the BBQ grilled mushroom, lettuce leaves, sliced tomatoes, red onion, and pickles.
- Serve immediately.
Combine all spices into a large bowl and mix thoroughly into lean ground beef
Form into ball shape with your hands
Press into patties on the tray
Place into oven at 350 fahrenheit
Variations on the BBQ Portobello Mushroom Burgers recipe
Healthy food has never tasted so good! The BBQ Portobello Mushroom Burgers recipe is a great addition to any family dinner, especially during holiday BBQ parties and outdoor grilling events. But why stick to just one variation of this delicious dish? With just a few tweaks, you can transform the recipe to expand the flavors and satisfy everyone's tastes. Consider adding bacon, cheese, onions, or even a fried egg on top of your burger. For those who prefer a little spice, try incorporating jalapenos or other peppers into the mix. And if you're looking for a refreshing beverage to pair with your creation, why not whip up a mocktail to complete the meal? With so many options and the ease of cooking this recipe, you are sure to impress your guests and make healthy food the highlight of your next BBQ. Don't forget to store any leftovers in an airtight container, so you can enjoy the flavors for days to come.
Equipment used in making the BBQ Portobello Mushroom Burgers
Storage for the BBQ Portobello Mushroom Burgers
This recipe is perfect for outdoor grilling or indoor cooking, with a homemade mocktail on the side. But once you've cooked up a batch of these delicious burgers, how long can they be stored in the fridge? While it's always best to consume them fresh, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. So whip up a batch for your next family BBQ and enjoy the mouthwatering flavors of these savory
Top tips on making the BBQ Portobello Mushroom Burgers
When it comes to outdoor grilling and family dinners, BBQ Portobello Mushroom Burgers are a classic and healthy food option that won't disappoint. But what are some top tips for making this delicious recipe? First, ensure that you clean the mushrooms properly and remove the gills underneath to avoid any bitterness. Then, marinate the mushrooms for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavor to permeate. Next, grill the mushrooms on medium heat for about 5-7 minutes on each side until they are tender and juicy. Finally, serve your Portobello burgers with your favorite toppings, such as avocado, tomatoes, or lettuce. With these tips, you'll be sure to impress your guests at your next holiday BBQ!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: