There's nothing quite like a refreshing and tasty drink on a warm summer day. If you're looking for a unique and delicious recipe to impress your loved ones this Mother's Day, try making some watermelon mint lemonade!
This mocktail (or cocktail if you prefer) is the perfect combination of sweet and tangy, with a hint of mint to add some extra freshness. Not only is it incredibly easy to make, but it's also a great way to use up any leftover watermelon you may have. So gather your ingredients and get ready to sip on a glass of pure bliss.
One of the most popular drinks this season is the Watermelon Mint Lemonade,
Nothing screams summertime quite like a refreshing beverage to quench your thirst on a hot day. One of the most popular drinks this season is the Watermelon Mint Lemonade, a delightful combination of tangy lemons, sweet watermelons, and fresh mint leaves, perfect for any occasion. Whether you're looking to impress your guests at a fancy cocktail party or simply want to treat yourself to a refreshing mocktail, this recipe is guaranteed to please. So, grab your blender, mix up a batch, and sip away into pure refreshment.
This was inspired by my other recipe on this site, and pairs well with this amazing sidedish recipe.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 7-8 minutes
- One of the most popular drinks this season is the Watermelon Mint Lemonade,
- Ingredients needed to male Watermelon Mint Lemonade!
- How to make Watermelon Mint Lemonade!
- Variations on the Watermelon Mint Lemonade recipe
- Equipment used to make Watermelon Mint Lemonade
- Storage for the Watermelon Mint Lemonade
- Top tips for making the Watermelon Mint Lemonade recipe
Ingredients needed to male Watermelon Mint Lemonade!
Mint Simple Syrup Ingredients:
½ c. granulated sugar
½ c. water
¼ c. tightly packed fresh mint leaves stem removed and crushed
6 c. fresh watermelon, cut into chunks
¾ c. fresh lemon juice (6-8 medium lemons)
½ c. cold water, (plus more, if needed)
½ c. fresh mint leaves, tightly packed with stems removed
Ice, to serve fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
lemon slices, for garnish
For an adults-only variation, add some citrus-flavored VODKA before serving.
How to make Watermelon Mint Lemonade!
- To prepare the simple syrup, add the sugar, water, and crushed mint to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves completely, approximately 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and strain to remove mint leaves. Set aside to cool.
- Add watermelon chunks, fresh lemon juice, and cold water to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour through a strainer to remove any larger particles. Taste and sweeten with the cooled mint-infused simple syrup, as desired.
- Bruise one-half cup of fresh mint leaves with fingers to release oils and add to a large glass pitcher or jar. Top with the watermelon mixture and stir to combine. To serve, pour over ice and garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and a slice of lemon. Enjoy!
Variations on the Watermelon Mint Lemonade recipe
Looking for an exciting twist on the classic Watermelon Mint Lemonade recipe? Look no further, as there are many variations to try out! For a refreshing mocktail, add some sparkling water and a splash of lime juice. For something a bit more spirited, try adding vodka or gin to the mix. Or, for a tropical flair, swap out the mint for coconut water and garnish with a slice of fresh pineapple. The possibilities are endless with this versatile recipe, so get creative and see what delicious new combinations you can come up with!
Equipment used to make Watermelon Mint Lemonade
Storage for the Watermelon Mint Lemonade
There's nothing more refreshing than a crisp and minty Watermelon Mint Lemonade on a hot summer day. Luckily, this mocktail recipe is not only easy to make but also provides a deliciously hydrating beverage option that can last for several days. If you're wondering how long you can store the Watermelon Mint Lemonade in the fridge, the answer is surprisingly simple: up to 3-4 days. However, if you want to keep it fresh and flavorful all week long, consider adding a variety of different natural sweeteners or fruit variations, depending on your taste preference. The possibilities are endless with this recipe, so feel free to get creative and experiment with different flavors until you find the perfect one!
Top tips for making the Watermelon Mint Lemonade recipe
Are you on the hunt for the perfect refreshing summer drink? Look no further than Watermelon Mint Lemonade! This mocktail is packed with flavor and can be easily stored in the fridge for whenever you need a cool, tasty beverage. To make the perfect batch, keep these top recipe tips in mind:
First, choose a juicy, ripe watermelon for optimal taste.
Second, use fresh mint leaves to add a zing to the drink.
Finally, adjust the sweetness to your liking with some simple syrup.
With these tips in mind, you'll be able to whip up a batch of Watermelon Mint Lemonade that everyone will love.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]:
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.