Looking for a delicious and healthy way to celebrate?
It's got the sweetness of berries, tartness of lime, and creaminess of coconut – all in one delicious package. Plus, it's easy to make, which is always a bonus in my book. So if you're looking for a yummy way to celebrate the start of summer, this is the cake for you!
Let’s celebrate with this delicious berry, lime, and coconut cake! It’s perfect for any gathering of friends and family. With layers of fresh fruit and a light coconut frosting, this cake is sure to be a hit. So grab some ingredients and get baking!
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups fresh berries (I used a mix of raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together and set aside.
- Cream butter or margarine and sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs and lime zest and mix well. Add lime juice, coconut milk, and vanilla extract; mix well again. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until just blended. Gently fold in the berries. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool cake before serving. Enjoy!