What is the ultimate comfort food, enjoyed year-round, day or night? Ice-Cream!
Yes Ice-Cream, is enjoyed and loved by kids and adults as well. There are many things that come into play with ice cream. The creaminess, sweetness, texture, temperature, and best of all, the flavors. A multitude of flavors to satisfy even the pickiest. That is how Ben & Jerry’s became such a household name.
Today’s recipe 'Blueberry Almond Ice Cream Wafflewiches 'calls for a Homemade ice cream. Homemade is always better, simply because you are in control of the ingredients. If you lean more towards the heavier taste, you get to decide how much or how less ingredients to use.
Note 2: This recipe uses both frozen and fresh blueberries.
Prep time: 10 minutes (+ time to freeze fruit in advance)
Cook time: n/a
Yields: approximately 3 cups
Ingredients You'll Need:
To make Blueberry Almond Ice Cream Wafflewiches
1 banana, sliced and frozen
1-½ c. frozen blueberries
½ c. fresh blueberries
½ c. coconut cream
½ c. almonds, chopped
6-8 pieces caramel waffles (See note above)
Chocolate or caramel sauce (optional)
How to make Blueberry Almond Ice Cream Wafflewiches
- To a food processor bowl, add frozen banana, frozen blueberries, and coconut cream. Pulse to get a creamy texture.
- Scoop into a storage container and mix in the almonds and fresh blueberries. Smooth mixture and place into freezer overnight to firm up.
- To make ice cream sandwiches, place one scoop of ice cream in between two caramel waffles. Top with chocolate sauce and enjoy!
Variations to use on the Blueberry Almond Ice Cream Wafflewiches
Here are Ten variations that yon can apply to your
- Classic Wafflewich: Stick with the original recipe for a classic combination of blueberry almond ice cream and crispy waffles.
- Chocolate Lover's Dream: Swap the plain waffles for chocolate waffles and add chocolate chips to the ice cream for a double dose of chocolatey goodness.
- Berry Blast: Use mixed berry ice cream and fresh berries like strawberries and raspberries for a berry-packed treat.
- Nutty Crunch: Add chopped roasted almonds to the ice cream and wafflewich for a delightful nutty crunch.
- Maple Bliss: Drizzle warm maple syrup over your wafflewich for a sweet, indulgent twist.
- Banana Split-Inspired: Layer banana slices, chocolate sauce, and a scoop of blueberry almond ice cream between the waffles for a banana split-inspired wafflewich.
- S'mores Sensation: Incorporate marshmallow fluff and crushed graham crackers for a wafflewich that tastes like a s'mores campfire treat.
- Peanut Butter Paradise: Spread peanut butter on one side of the waffles and layer it with blueberry almond ice cream for a creamy and nutty delight.
- Caramel Delight: Drizzle caramel sauce and sprinkle sea salt over your wafflewich for a sweet and savory flavor explosion.
- Lemon Berry Burst: Mix lemon zest into the ice cream and add a few fresh blueberries to brighten up the flavor with a hint of citrus.
Your recipe will always be new when you apply one of these variations. Some like chocolate, others like more nuts. Being flexible to with your recipes, allows to different palates to be satisfied.
Top Tips to know when making Blueberry Almond Ice Cream Wafflewiches
here are 10 top tips to keep in mind when making your scrumptious Blueberry Almond Ice Cream Wafflewiches:
- Use High-Quality Ingredients: Start with premium vanilla ice cream and fresh blueberries for the best flavor and texture.
- Softened Ice Cream: Allow the ice cream to soften slightly at room temperature before scooping. It makes it easier to work with and ensures even distribution.
- Pre-Chill the Waffles: Pop your waffles in the toaster or on the griddle for a minute to warm and slightly crisp them before assembling. This prevents them from getting too soggy.
- Go Easy on the Scooping: When adding ice cream to your waffle, don't overdo it. A generous but manageable scoop ensures that the wafflewich is easy to handle.
- Keep It Neat: Use an ice cream scoop to get those perfectly round scoops. It makes your wafflewich look as good as it tastes.
- Toppings Galore: Get creative with toppings! Sprinkle toasted almonds, drizzle honey, or add a few fresh blueberries for that extra oomph.
- Speed Matters: Enjoy your wafflewiches as soon as possible after assembling. Ice cream can melt quickly, and warm waffles can become soft.
- Experiment with Waffle Types: Don't limit yourself to just one type of waffle. Explore different waffle flavors like chocolate, cinnamon, or even whole-grain for unique taste experiences.
- Personalize the Flavors: Tailor the ice cream flavor to your liking. Blueberry almond is delightful, but you can try other fruity, nutty, or classic options.
- Keep It Fun: Making wafflewiches should be a fun and creative process. Feel free to experiment with your favorite flavors and toppings. There are no rules in dessert enjoyment!