Tex-Mex chicken tenders are a real treat for the whole family! This recipe is not only delicious but also a healthy dinner option that you can easily cook up. With just a few simple ingredients, you can get your Tex-Mex chicken tenders on the table in no time.
The best part? It’s actually nutritious, so no need to worry about post-dinner guilt. Plus, everyone will be asking for more – it’s that tasty! So why not give this recipe a try tonight? Everyone will love it!
The amazing flavor of Tex-Mex Chicken Tenders
Have you ever had the amazing flavor of Tex-Mex Chicken Tenders? If not, you are truly missing out! In a large pan, this easy-to-follow recipe brings the flavors of Mexico and Texas together to give you a dinner everyone in your family will love. The best part about this dish is that it is incredibly healthy; it is low in fat but high on flavor and deliciousness. So if you want an easy dinner option that is both healthy and flavorful, then try out this delicious Tex-Mex Chicken Tenders recipe!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- The amazing flavor of Tex-Mex Chicken Tenders
- Ingredients needed to make How to Make Scrumptious Tex-Mex Chicken Tenders
- Instructions for making How to Make Scrumptious Tex-Mex Chicken Tenders
- Variations on the How to Make Scrumptious Tex-Mex Chicken Tenders recipe
- Equipment needed to make How to Make Scrumptious Tex-Mex Chicken Tenders
- Storage for the How to Make Scrumptious Tex-Mex Chicken Tenders
- Top tips for the How to Make Scrumptious Tex-Mex Chicken Tenders recipe
- How to Make scrumptious Tex-Mex Chicken Tenders
Ingredients needed to make How to Make Scrumptious Tex-Mex Chicken Tenders
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2-3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- 2 t. ground cumin
- 1 t. chili powder
- 1½ t. smoked paprika
- 1 t. dried oregano
- 1 14-oz. can of crushed tomatoes
- ½ c. chicken broth, preferably organic
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Pickled jalapenos and red onion, to serve
Instructions for making How to Make Scrumptious Tex-Mex Chicken Tenders
- Heat the olive oil in a large, non-stick sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, pepper, tomatoes, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the veggies are tender, around 4-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken tenders and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook until the chicken develops a bit of color on each side, around 6-7 minutes.
- Add the cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, and oregano and cook, stirring occasionally, until everything is well coated and the spices are fragrant, around 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes and chicken stock. Reduce heat to medium and cover with a lid. Cook until the chicken is fully cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, around 10 to 12 minutes.
Transfer to a serving dish and top with diced avocado or pickled jalapenos and red onion, if desired, and serve immediately with cauliflower rice or your favorite side dish. Enjoy!
Variations on the How to Make Scrumptious Tex-Mex Chicken Tenders recipe
If you're looking for variations on the Tex-Mex Chicken Tenders recipe, look no further: you can use your own creativity to add all sorts of tasty variations to your dinner. Whether you prefer a healthier version or something more decadent for your family, variations of the Tex-Mex Chicken Tenders recipe can easily create a delicious meal. To make one variation, consider reducing oil in the original recipe when pan-frying the tenders and replace it with butter to give them an extra kick. Veggies like corn and potatoes can also be added to give them a truly unique flavor and make it a complete meal. Get creative with your variations and enjoy!
Equipment needed to make How to Make Scrumptious Tex-Mex Chicken Tenders
Storage for the How to Make Scrumptious Tex-Mex Chicken Tenders
Making Tex-Mex Chicken Tenders for dinner can be a great choice for a healthy, tasty and easy-to-make dinner. But what about storage? After all, leftovers often make the best lunches! Fortunately, when stored correctly, cooked Tex-Mex Chicken Tenders won't go bad until several days after you cook them. To store correctly, put the tenders in an air-tight container or wrap them in aluminum foil or plastic wrap. Place them in the fridge and they will stay fresh up to five days—so no need to rush through cooking dinner one night when you can use some of your leftovers to enjoy another day. No matter which recipe you choose to whip up out of your kitchen, storage is key to mastering the perfect Tex-Mex Chicken Tender meal for your family.
Top tips for the How to Make Scrumptious Tex-Mex Chicken Tenders recipe
When it comes to creating a delicious and healthy dinner for the family, nothing beats Tex-Mex Chicken Tenders. Taking top-tier tips into account is the best way to make them just right! To start, you'll need to invest in a good, non-stick pan - this will help your dish come out perfectly cooked every single time! Then, simply follow your recipe of choice and you're on your way to a scrumptious meal. Whether you top it off with rice or some homemade guacamole, these top tips will make Tex-Mex Chicken Tenders not only an easy but also a tasty addition to any family dinner.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: