Pecorino Romano is a well-known and distinctive Tuscan cheese made from 100% sheep’s milk. It is sometimes used interchangeably in recipes with the more mild Parmesan. However, due to Pecorino’s stronger flavor profile, this isn’t really an ideal swap.
Here, the stronger flavor of Pecorino Romano is balanced with an equal amount of Parmesan to create a flavorful cream sauce that isn’t overwhelming. Of course, the ratio of Pecorino to Parmesan can be easily adjusted up or down to suit individual tastes.
What is so Special about Chicken with Pecorino Cream Sauce?
Chicken with Pecorino Cream Sauce is one of the most delectable dishes that you will ever taste. Chicken breasts are simmered in a Pecorino cheese and heavy cream sauce until they are cooked through. The result is a dish that is creamy, cheesy, and packed with flavor. Chicken with Pecorino Cream Sauce is the perfect meal for a special occasion. The dish is sure to impress your guests and leave them wanting more. So, what are you waiting for? Try Chicken with Pecorino Cream Sauce today! You won't be disappointed.
Health Benefits of eating Quality chickens
Chicken is a staple in many diets around the world. It is lean, packed with protein, and relatively inexpensive, making it a popular choice for both home cooks and restaurant chefs alike. Chicken also offers a number of health benefits. Poultry is an excellent source of niacin, vitamin B6 and phosphorus, all of which are essential for maintaining good health. Chicken is also low in saturated fat, making it a heart-healthy option.
In addition, recent studies have shown that farm-raised chickens have higher levels of omega-3 fatty acids than their wild counterparts. These nutrients are important for brain health and have been linked to a reduced risk of Alzheimer's disease. So, next time you're at the grocery store, be sure to pick up some quality chicken. Your body will thank you for it!
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 T. extra virgin olive oil
4-5 large cloves of garlic, smashed
¾ c. half and half
1 c. chicken broth, preferably organic
- 2 t. dried oregano
- ⅓ c. Pecorino Romano cheese, freshly grated
- ⅓ c. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- ½ c. sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1½ c. baby spinach
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Place chicken breasts between two layers of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet or rolling pin to a uniform thickness. Discard plastic and transfer chicken to a clean work surface. Cut into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Heat olive oil and garlic in a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic for several minutes until golden brown. Remove garlic with a slotted spatula and discard.
- Add chicken to hot skillet and cook until golden brown on each side, approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add half & half and chicken broth and scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a spatula. Add oregano and grated cheese to skillet and whisk until cheese is completely melted approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to just below medium and add the sun-dried tomatoes and baby spinach. Simmer for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until tomatoes are softened and the spinach wilts.
- Add chicken and its juices back to the skillet and simmer for another 3-5 minutes, or until chicken is heated through. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired. Remove from heat and serve immediately with a side of White Beans & Spinach Soup. Enjoy!
Chicken with Pecorino Cream Sauce is a delicious, hearty dish that is perfect for a winter meal. However, if you don't have all of the ingredients on hand, there are some substitutes that will work just as well. For the chicken, you can use any type of poultry, such as turkey or duck. If you don't have Pecorino cheese, another hard Italian cheese like Parmesan will work just as well. As for the cream sauce, you can use milk or even sour cream thinned out with a little water. With these substitutes, you'll be able to enjoy Chicken with Pecorino Cream Sauce any time of year.
Chicken with Pecorino Cream Sauce is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that can be enjoyed any time of year. While the dish can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for up to four days, it's best enjoyed fresh. The sauce will begin to separate after a few days in the fridge, so if you're looking for that perfect consistency, it's best to make the dish just before you plan on serving it. Chicken with Pecorino Cream Sauce can be served over pasta, rice, or simply on its own as a tasty main course. No matter how you enjoy it, this dish is sure to please.
Top 5 tips
Chicken with Pecorino Cream Sauce is a rich and flavorful dish that is perfect for a special occasion. If you're looking to impress your guests, here are the top 5 tips for making Chicken with Pecorino Cream Sauce:
- Start with high-quality chicken. The better the chicken, the better the dish will be. Look for chicken that is free-range and hormone-free.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces so that it cooks evenly and quickly.
- Season the chicken well with salt, pepper, and other spices of your choice.
- Be careful not to overcook the chicken. It should be cooked through, but still moist and juicy.
- Use good quality Pecorino cheese for the sauce. This will make a big difference in the flavor of the dish.
If you follow these tips, you'll be sure to impress your guests with a delicious Chicken with Pecorino Cream Sauce!