The Loaded Stuffed Baked Potato is the perfect dinner for a winter night. This recipe is hearty and filling, and it's packed with all the flavors of a classic loaded baked potato. The potatoes are first baked in the oven until they're nice and soft. Then, they're stuffed with a mixture of cheese, bacon, and green onions.
A delicious, comforting meal
Finally, they're topped with a dollop of sour cream and more cheese. The result is a delicious, comforting meal that will warm you up from the inside out. So if you're looking for a cozy dinner option that's sure to please, give this Loaded Stuffed Baked Potato recipe a try. You won't be disappointed.
The Goodness of Loaded Stuffed Baked Potatoes
Loaded Stuffed Baked Potatoes are a meal in and of themselves. They are filling, satisfying, and deliver the goods when it comes to taste and nutrition. These tubers are powerhouses when it comes to vitamins and minerals, providing essential nutrients like potassium and fiber. They are also a good source of protein, making them a perfect choice for vegetarians and meat-lovers alike. And let's not forget about the cheese! Loaded with calcium and flavor, cheese is the perfect topping for these savory spuds. So if you're looking for a delicious and nutritious meal, look no further than Loaded Stuffed Baked Potatoes.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 75-80 minutes
- 4 large Idaho baking potatoes, washed and patted dry
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T. coarse sea salt
- ¾ c. Cheddar Jack* cheese, shredded, divided
- 6 strips bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled, divided
- 3 T. fresh chives, finely chopped
- ½ c. Greek yogurt or sour cream, optional
- *If not available, use equal amounts of shredded sharp cheddar and Monterey Jack (or similar) cheese
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and preheat the oven to 400°F. Place a wire rack on top of a large, rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat™ baking sheet. Set aside.
- Place the potatoes on the wire rack and drizzle each potato with a little olive oil. Spread the oil with your hands until each potato is thoroughly coated. Pierce each potato with a fork several times to vent and sprinkle with the coarse sea salt.
- Place the potatoes in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until they are fork tender. Remove from oven and let cool for several minutes.
- Once cool enough to handle, cut an oval-shaped opening into the top of each potato. Carefully remove the skin inside the opening and scoop out the baked flesh inside with a spoon. Do not cut all the way through the potato. Transfer the baked potato flesh you remove to a medium bowl.
- Add ½ cup cheese and ⅔ of the bacon to the same bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Divide the mixture equally between the four potatoes and place back into the still-hot oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is nicely melted.
- Remove from the oven and divide the remaining cheese and bacon between the four potatoes. Sprinkle with fresh chives and serve immediately with some Greek yogurt or sour cream, if desired. Enjoy!
If you're looking for a healthy alternative to Loaded Stuffed Baked Potatoes, there are several substitutes you can use. For the potato itself, you can use sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, or even yams. For the stuffing, you can use anything from broccoli to quinoa to lentils. If you're looking for a cheese substitute, there are plenty of vegan options available.
And finally, for the toppings, you can use anything from salsa to avocado to vegan sour cream. With so many possibilities, it's easy to make a Loaded Stuffed Baked Potato that's both healthy and delicious!
Loaded Stuffed Baked Potatoes are a delicious and hearty dish, and there are many different variations that you can try. One popular option is to stuff the potatoes with cheese, bacon, and sour cream. Another tasty variation is to add chili or beef to the potatoes. You can also get creative with the toppings, such as adding BBQ sauce, salsa, or avocado.
Whatever ingredients you choose, Loaded Stuffed Baked Potatoes make a great meal or side dish. So next time you're in the mood for something hearty and satisfying, give one of these variations a try.
Loaded Baked Potatoes are a delicious and convenient meal option. However, it is important to know how to properly store them in order to enjoy their best flavor and texture. Loaded Baked Potatoes can be stored in the fridge for up to four days.
However, for optimal quality, it is best to eat them within two days of baking. When storing Loaded Baked Potatoes in the fridge, be sure to place them in an airtight container. This will help to keep them fresh and prevent them from drying out. Enjoy your Loaded Baked Potatoes within four days for the best flavor and texture!
Top 5 tips
It's easy to make a delicious Loaded Stuffed Baked Potato! Just follow these Top 5 Tips:
- Start with a good potato. Look for one that is smooth, firm, and evenly shaped. Avoid potatoes that have any green spots or are excessively large.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. This will ensure that your potato is cooked through and fluffy on the inside.
- Wash your potato thoroughly with warm water and a scrub brush. This will remove any dirt or bacteria that may be on the surface of the potato.
- Cut your potato in half lengthwise and scoop out the center, being careful not to puncture the skin. Set the scooped-out potato flesh aside for later use.
- Fill the potato halves with your desired toppings, such as shredded cheese, bacon bits, chopped green onions, or sour cream. Be sure to evenly distribute the toppings so that each bite is loaded with flavor!
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve immediately and enjoy!