Grilled Spiced Shrimp Kabobs encapsulate the essence of summer on a skewer. They transport your palate to a tropical paradise, featuring exquisitely seasoned shrimp and an assortment of vibrant vegetables that turn every bite into a burst of delightful flavors.
Whether you're playing host at a barbecue or simply yearning for a swift, gratifying meal, these kabobs offer a straightforward path to seafood ecstasy. Just fire up the grill, skewer these delights, and before you know it, you'll be savoring the smoky allure of spiced goodness. This summer treat is both effortless and mouthwatering.
Grilled Spiced Shrimp Kabobs are not only a culinary masterpiece but also a visual feast.
Moreover, these Grilled Spiced Shrimp Kabobs are not only a culinary masterpiece but also a visual feast. The vivid array of vegetables, such as colorful bell peppers, onions, and zucchini, artfully threaded alongside the succulent shrimp, forms a captivating tapestry of hues that enhances the charm of your outdoor gatherings. While you witness the dancing flames bestowing their magic upon these kabobs, it's not solely the tantalizing aroma that beckons; it's the eager anticipation of that initial bite. It's a harmonious fusion of smoky nuances and spices, transforming each summer day into a gastronomic celebration. Whether relishing them as a swift weeknight supper or featuring them as the centerpiece for a leisurely weekend cookout, Grilled Spiced Shrimp Kabobs are an infallible method to infuse your summer with a delectable spark.
Prep time: 45 minutes (includes marinating)
Cook time: 4-6 minutes
- Grilled Spiced Shrimp Kabobs are not only a culinary masterpiece but also a visual feast.
- Ingredients needed to make Grilled Spiced Shrimp Kabobs
- How to make Grilled Spiced Shrimp Kabobs
- Variations on the Grilled Spiced Shrimp Kabobs recipe
- Equipment used in making Grilled Spiced Shrimp Kabobs
- Storage for the Grilled Spiced Shrimp Kabobs
- Top tips to know whenn making Grilled Spiced Shrimp Kabobs
- Fire up Flavor: Grilled Spiced Shrimp Kabobs for Summer Bliss
Ingredients needed to make Grilled Spiced Shrimp Kabobs
8 metal skewers or wooden skewers*
1-¼ lbs. extra-large peeled deveined shrimp
24 large peeled deveined shrimp
1 c cherry tomatoes, halved
1 small red onion, cut into 1-2” pieces
1 red or yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-2” pieces
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 T. fresh basil, chopped
1 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 T extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Zhoug Sauce Ingredients:
1 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
1 c. fresh parsley, chopped
4 fresh jalapeño peppers, stems and seeds removed
½ c. extra virgin olive oil
4 medium garlic cloves
Approximately 1 t. sea salt, more or less to taste
1 t. cumin
½ t. ground coriander
½ t. chili flakes
To Serve: This is best served hot right off the grill.
How to make Grilled Spiced Shrimp Kabobs
- Add shrimp to a deep bowl with the marinade ingredients (garlic, basil, lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt and black pepper to taste). Mix and let shrimp marinate 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare Zhoug sauce. In the bowl of a food processor, add cilantro, parsley, jalapeño peppers, garlic, salt, cumin and chili flakes. Pulse until everything is combined.
- With the processor running, slowly add olive oil and pulse until it turns into a thick sauce.
- Thread onto skewers, alternating shrimp, tomato, onion, shrimp, tomato, bell pepper, ending with a shrimp. Repeat until all skewers are full.
- Preheat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp until no longer translucent, 2-3 minutes per side. Watch carefully as shrimp cook very quickly and will become rubbery if overcooked.
- Remove from grill onto a serving platter. Serve with Zhoug sauce.
Variations on the Grilled Spiced Shrimp Kabobs recipe
Here are ten creative adjustments to elevate your Grilled Spiced Shrimp Kabobs recipe:
- Zestful Citrus: Infuse your shrimp with the refreshing essence of citrus zest, such as lemon or lime, for an invigorating pre-grill marinade.
- Tropical Harmony: Intermingle pineapple chunks with your shrimp, adding a sweet and tangy dimension that beautifully complements the spicy undertones.
- Teriyaki Temptation: During grilling, glaze your kabobs with teriyaki sauce to introduce an irresistible blend of sweet and savory notes.
- Cajun Influence: Substitute the spice blend with the bold flavors of Cajun seasoning for a lively, Southern-inspired twist.
- Garlic Embrace: Immerse the shrimp in a luxurious pool of garlic butter for a sumptuous and rich flavor infusion.
- Mango Serenade: Pair your kabobs with a revitalizing mango salsa on the side, ingeniously harmonizing the heat with the lush sweetness of mango.
- Tandoori Extravaganza: Opt for a tandoori-style marinade to embark on an exotic, Indian-inspired flavor expedition.
- Pesto Prestige: Envelop the shrimp in a luscious coat of pesto sauce and grill alongside cherry tomatoes and fresh basil for a tantalizing Italian makeover.
- Sesame Elegance: Marinate the shrimp with a sesame-soy concoction for an enchanting, Asian-inspired taste and crown with toasted sesame seeds.
- Herbal Symphony: Elevate the shrimp's appeal by imbuing them with a harmonious blend of fresh herbs like rosemary, thyme, and oregano, introducing a fragrant, garden-fresh allure.
These adaptations will imbue your Grilled Spiced Shrimp Kabobs with an exciting palette of flavors, ensuring your outdoor dining experiences remain fresh and delectably diverse.
Equipment used in making Grilled Spiced Shrimp Kabobs
Storage for the Grilled Spiced Shrimp Kabobs
You can store Grilled Spiced Shrimp Kabobs in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. To maintain their freshness and food safety, it's advisable to refrigerate them in an airtight container or wrap them securely in plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
Top tips to know whenn making Grilled Spiced Shrimp Kabobs
Here are ten crucial insights to ensure the success of your Grilled Spiced Shrimp Kabobs:
- Shrimp Selection: Commence with fresh, high-quality shrimp. Look for firm, plump shrimp that do not emit any unpleasant odors.
- Marination Magic: Allow the shrimp to marinate for a minimum of 20-30 minutes before grilling. This period is essential for imbuing them with a rich, flavorful essence.
- Skewer Soaking: If you opt for wooden skewers, soak them in water for a minimum of 30 minutes. This precautionary step guards against charring during the grilling process.
- Uniformity in Cuts: Slice your vegetables and shrimp into pieces of uniform size to ensure consistent cooking.
- Spice Balance: Customize the spice level to match your personal preference. Feel free to experiment with the heat quotient you find most delightful.
- Interweave Ingredients: Thread the shrimp and vegetables in an alternating pattern on the skewers, creating an appealing, harmonious arrangement.
- Grill Lubrication: Before grilling, apply a light coat of oil to the grill grates. This aids in preventing the kabobs from adhering.
- Vigilant Grill Time: Shrimp cook swiftly, so maintain a close watch to prevent overcooking, which can result in an undesirably rubbery texture.
- Marinade Basting: During grilling, periodically baste the kabobs with any remaining marinade for an extra layer of flavor.
- Brief Rest: After grilling, permit the kabobs to rest for a few minutes. This resting period helps preserve their juiciness, ensuring a succulent texture.
These guidelines are your recipe for crafting Grilled Spiced Shrimp Kabobs that are not only bursting with flavor but also perfectly grilled, guaranteeing a resounding success at your upcoming outdoor gathering.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: