Crispy Cheddar Cheese Cups are an indulgent, low-carb way to enjoy tacos for dinner! The recipe is simple and easy to make. Try these Crispy Cheddar Cheese Cups! This convenient snack isn't just for tacos - you can use these cheesy cups in all kinds of creative recipes.
Spread a layer of your favorite dip on the base, top with some fresh salsa and cilantro, and voila - you have a quick and easy appetizer that everyone will love. Give this Crispy Cheddar Cheese Cup recipe a try tonight - it is sure to be an instant crowd-pleaser!
Crispy Cheddar Cheese Cups are surprisingly versatile and make a great go-to meal.
Crispy Cheddar Cheese Cups are surprisingly versatile and make a great go-to meal. They have become increasingly popular due to the fact that they are easy to make, inexpensive, and nutritionally balanced for all diets. With just a few simple ingredients like shredded cheese and non-stick cookware, you can easily whip up this delicious dish for dinner or an on-the-go snack. With access to this recipe, you can use Crispy Cheddar Cheese Cups as a creative ingredient while crafting your favorite meals. Whether you're looking to feed an entire family of four or just add some pizzazz to an otherwise boring lunch, Crispy Cheddar Cheese Cups will do the trick!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- Crispy Cheddar Cheese Cups are surprisingly versatile and make a great go-to meal.
- Ingredients needed to make the Crispy Cheddar Cheese Cups
- Instructions for making the Crispy Cheddar Cheese Cups
- Variations for the Crispy Cheddar Cheese Cups
- Top tip
- Low-Carb Outstanding Cheddar Cheese Cups
Ingredients needed to make the Crispy Cheddar Cheese Cups
- 12 T. shredded cheddar cheese
1 t. olive oil
12 oz. ground beef
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 ½ teaspoon chili powder
2-3 T. water
- salt and pepper to taste
1 scallion, sliced
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- ¼ c. sour cream
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Instructions for making the Crispy Cheddar Cheese Cups
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat.
- Spoon shredded cheddar cheese onto the prepared baking sheet using 1 tablespoon per mound. Lightly spread out, leaving 2-3 inches between each mound. You will be able to bake 6 at a time on a standard baking sheet.
- Bake until the cheese rounds are melted in the center and the edges begin to brown. Set aside to cool for 1-2 minutes but do not let harden.
- Lift melted cheese rounds with a spatula and press on the back of an inverted muffin tin to form cups. The cheese will be very pliable while warm.
- Allow the cheese to cool and firm up before removing it from the muffin tins.
- Repeat with the next 6 cheese rounds.
- In the meantime, add olive oil to a medium skillet. Heat over medium heat. Add ground beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat is nicely browned, 5-6 minutes. Drain any excess fat.
- Add cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder, and 2 tablespoons of water; season to taste with salt and pepper. Continue cooking for 1-2 minutes, just until the spices become fragrant, and the meat is nice and juicy. If necessary, add an additional tablespoon of water to obtain the proper consistency.
- Fill taco cups with taco beef, chopped tomato, scallion, and a teaspoon of sour cream per cup. Squeeze in some lime juice over the top and enjoy!
Variations for the Crispy Cheddar Cheese Cups
The Crispy Cheddar Cheese Cups recipe is a versatile and delicious meal that can be easily modified to fit many different dietary needs. For those looking for an easy meal with a Mexican flair, the traditional recipe can be converted into tasty tacos. Simply spoon taco filling into each cup before cooking, then top with your favorite taco toppings once they are finished crisping.
Additionally, tailor the filling to your own tastes by adding some of your favorite herbs and spices such as cumin, chili powder, and oregano. Experiment with substituting different types of cheese or even diced vegetables in place of ground beef to create a brand new flavor combinations!
Storage can be a real issue when it comes to food, especially for recipes that have to stay fresh and tasty. The good news is that Crispy Cheddar Cheese Cups can be safely stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, meaning that you can make a low carb dinner with them and not worry about them going bad. Storing this delicious snack could not be easier; simply place them on an airtight container or ziplock bag and pop them in the fridge until you're ready to enjoy your cheesy treat!
The top tips for making Crispy Cheddar Cheese Cups are all about mastering the recipe. To make sure you get that perfectly crisp and cheesy flavor, it helps to use high-quality ingredients and follow the exact instructions for the recipe.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: