Looking for a delicious and easy dip recipe? Look no further than Mediterranean Layer Dip! This crowd-pleasing dish features a creamy base of hummus or tzatziki, topped with a flavorful mix of veggies and feta cheese. Simply layer all of the ingredients into a serving dish, and you're ready to go! Mediterranean Layer Dip is perfect for parties, potlucks, or anytime you want to impress your guests. So go ahead and give it a try - your taste buds will thank you!
A great recipe for any occasion
Mediterranean Layer Dip is a great recipe for any occasion. It is simple to make and can be easily customized to your liking. The recipe calls for only a few ingredients, including Mediterranean-style spices, cream cheese, and sour cream. You can also add any other toppings that you like, such as olives, tomatoes, or onions. Mediterranean Layer Dip is best served with pita bread or crackers. It can also be enjoyed on its own as a light snack. If you are looking for a delicious and easy-to-make recipe, Mediterranean Layer Dip is a great option.
Prep time: 30 minutes*
Cook time: n/a
- When you prepare the tomato-cucumber mixture and Tzatziki sauce for this dish, let's make sure to do it tonight so that our flavors have time together. It'll be even better tomorrow!.
Cover and store in the refrigerator until just before ready to use.
- 1 large seedless cucumber, peeled and cut in half
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, chopped
- ½ small red onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano (or 1 t. dried), divided
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (full fat)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill (or 1 t. dried)
- 1½ cup hummus, store-bought or homemade**
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- ½ cup Feta, crumbled
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Dice one-half of the cucumber and add to a large bowl, along with the tomatoes, red onion, olive oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, garlic powder, and half of the oregano. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Cover and set aside until ready to use.
- To prepare the Tzatziki sauce, shred the remaining cucumber with a box grater and place in another large bowl. Add Greek yogurt, minced garlic, dill, and the remaining oregano and lemon juice. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Cover and set aside until ready to use.
- Spread the hummus into a uniform layer on a small serving platter (or in an 8” x 8” casserole dish).
- Top the hummus with an even layer of the Greek yogurt mixture (Tzatziki sauce from Step #2).
- Use a slotted spoon to drain excess liquid from the seasoned tomato, red onion, and cucumber mixture before spreading on top of the Tzatziki sauce.
- Add the Kalamata olives, followed by the crumbled Feta and fresh chopped parsley. Serve immediately with vegetable crudités for dipping.