Mexican Black Bean & Corn Salad with Crispy Tortilla Strips! This delicious dish is packed with healthy ingredients like black beans, corn, and fresh vegetables, and is sure to be a hit with everyone at your next event. Best of all, it's easy to prepare and can be dressed up or down to suit your taste.
Whether you're looking for a quick and easy meal on a busy weeknight or want to impress your guests with a tasty and refreshing mocktail, this recipe is sure to fit the bill. So why wait? Start preparing your Mexican Black Bean & Corn Salad with Crispy Tortilla Strips today and discover the perfect recipe for any occasion!
How Healthy is the Mexican Black Bean & Corn Salad?
This colorful dish is packed with vitamins and fiber, thanks to the combination of beans and vegetables. The crispy tortilla strips add a satisfying crunch, while the lime juice and cilantro give the salad a refreshing kick. Plus, this recipe is easy to make and can be stored in the fridge for up to two days. So why not whip up a batch of this delicious salad and impress your friends and family with your culinary skills?
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 6” Flour Tortillas, quartered and sliced into thin strips
- 1 t. Ground Cumin
- 1 t. Smoked Paprika
- 1 Medium Head Iceberg Lettuce, thinly sliced (approximately 4 cups)
- 1 14-oz. can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14-oz. can Corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 Red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Avocado, peeled and pitted
- ¼ c. Sour Cream
- 2 Medium Limes, juiced
- ½ c. Cilantro, roughly chopped
- ¼ c. Cotija cheese, crumbled
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400° degrees F.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the tortilla strips with olive oil, ground cumin, and smoked paprika. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place in oven and bake 10-12 minutes until crispy and golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- In a large salad bowl, toss the lettuce, black beans, corn, red pepper, and red onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the avocado, sour cream, and lime juice to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Top the salad with the crispy tortilla strips and sprinkle with cilantro and cotija cheese.
While this dish is already a crowd-pleaser, there are plenty of variations you can try to tailor it to your preferences. Swap out the black beans for pinto beans or chickpeas, or add some diced avocado for a creamier texture. Looking for a refreshing mocktail to pair with this meal? Whip up a pitcher of watermelon agua fresca or hibiscus tea. And when it comes to storing leftovers, be sure to keep the tortilla strips separate until ready to serve to maintain their crunch. Give this recipe a try and get creative with your own twists and additions!
The Mexican Black Bean & Corn Salad with Crispy Tortilla Strips is not only delicious but also easy to make, which makes it a great option to bring to any event. But what if you make too much and want to store it for later? Don't worry because this salad can be stored in the fridge for up to three days. The crispy tortilla strips might lose their crunch, but the flavors of the dish will still be just as tasty. So go ahead and make a big batch of this salad and enjoy it for days to come!
This healthy Mexican Black Bean & Corn Salad with Crispy Tortilla Strips recipe is perfect for any summer picnic or family gathering. To give this recipe an extra refreshing twist, pair it with a mocktail or your favorite beverage. When it comes to making this salad, there are a few top tips to keep in mind. First, don't overcook the beans or corn. Both should be just slightly tender to keep their texture intact. Second, be sure to let the salad chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving to allow the flavors to fully develop. Lastly, store any leftover salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days to enjoy as a tasty lunch during the week.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: