Whipped peanut butter cups with cream cheese are a delightfully unique twist on a traditional holiday treat. This delicious combination provides the smooth, creamy texture of peanut butter with a delectable layer of cream cheese on top, all without the usual chocolate coating.
These creamy and crunchy treats are perfect for snack trays or desserts for holiday parties, as well as being a great way to enjoy your favorite flavor combination in a new and exciting way. Enjoy this tastebud-tingling combination today with whipped peanut butter cups with cream cheese!
Whipped Peanut Butter Cups are a delicious treat with a modern twist.
Whipped Peanut Butter Cups are a delicious treat with a modern twist. Imagine being able to enjoy the same combination of creamy peanut butter with a crunchy outer layer that is so popular with chocolate, but this time with something different. Whipped peanut butter cups with cream cheese give you the best of both worlds with a lighter, fluffier texture and bolder flavor that pulls in with every bite. It's no surprise these have become so popular with their unique approach and make perfect holiday treats - even if you're not particularly fond of chocolate!
Prep time: 15 minutes (+ time to chill)
Cook time: 2-3 minutes
Ingredients needed to make Whipped Peanut Butter Cups
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ c. all-natural peanut butter
- ¾ c. Swerve Confectioners sugar replacement, divided
- 1 t. real vanilla extract
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream, divided
- ¼ c. peanuts, chopped and toasted
Instructions for making Whipped Peanut Butter Cups
- Beat together the cream cheese, peanut butter, one-half cup Swerve, vanilla extract, and one-half cup whipping cream in a large mixing bowl until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Divide the whipped peanut butter mixture between 6 small dessert dishes and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to overnight to firm up.
- Place a skillet over medium heat. Add the peanuts and toast, stirring continually, until nicely browned, approximately 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Right before serving, prepare the whipped cream by beating the remaining Swerve and whipping cream together in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Remove the whipped peanut butter cups from the refrigerator and top each with a spoonful of whipped cream. Top with the toasted peanuts and serve immediately. Enjoy!
There are endless variations to making Whipped Peanut Butter Cups, which makes them the perfect indulgent holiday treat. From the basic ingredients of melted chocolate and peanut butter, variations can involve different nuts such as almonds or cashews, adding extra flavorings like honey or flaky sea salt, and drizzling with white chocolate or another classic favorite like caramel. Open up your pantry to explore variations of this timeless classic to prepare for any occasion - from a birthday gathering to an office holiday party!
To make them perfect each and every time here is my top tip: Start with the freshest ingredients you can find and keep the butter soft at all times so it whips easily and evenly.