This recipe for sheet pan roasted chicken breasts with veggies is the perfect weeknight meal. It's easy to prepare, and cleanup is a breeze. Plus, it's healthy and delicious. The key to making this recipe is to choose the right chicken breast. Look for chicken breasts that are of similar size so they will cook evenly.
Also, be sure to trim any excess fat from the chicken breasts so they don't become greasy during cooking. Once you have your chicken breasts trimmed and ready to go, it's time to prep the veggies. For this recipe, I like to use a mix of seasonal vegetables. This ensures that the veggies are fresh and flavourful. After you've chopped the veggies, it's time to roast everything in the oven. The roast time will vary depending on the size of your chicken breasts, but typically, it takes about 25 minutes. Once everything is cooked through, simply remove from the oven and enjoy!
What is so special about Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken Breasts with Veggies?
Sheet pan roasted chicken breasts with veggies is a special dish because it is so easy to make. All you need is a sheet pan, some chicken breasts, and your favorite veggies. Simply put the chicken and veggies on the sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Then roast in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. The result is juicy, tender chicken breasts and perfectly roasted veggies. This dish is perfect for a weeknight meal or entertaining guests. Best of all, it is healthy and flavorful. So if you are looking for a special dish that is easy to make and sure to please, try sheet pan roasted chicken breasts with veggies. You will be glad you did!
Prep time: 15 minutes (+ time to marinate)
Cook time: 30 minutes
Ingredients needed to make Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken Breasts with Veggies
- 3 T. fresh lemon juice
- 3 T. honey, preferably local
- 2 T. tamari or coconut aminos
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. sesame oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 t. Italian seasoning
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 8-oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lbs. fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 small zucchinis, halved and sliced
- 1 large yellow squash, halved and sliced
- Sprigs of fresh basil, for garnish
Instructions on how to make Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken Breasts with Veggies
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, honey, tamari, olive oil, sesame oil, minced garlic, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and black pepper, as desired, and add to a large, sealable freezer bag. Pour half of the marinade over the chicken and seal the bag tightly. Gently turn the bag to make sure the chicken is uniformly covered.
- Marinate the chicken at room temperature for at least 30 minutes (but not more than 2 hours) or overnight in the refrigerator. Store the remaining marinade in an airtight container until ready to prepare the vegetables.
- When ready to prepare the chicken, pre-heat oven to 400°F and spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange the chicken on the prepared baking sheet and place it in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is roasting, add the asparagus, zucchini, and yellow squash to a medium bowl. Pour the remaining marinade on the veggies and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Gently toss to coat and set aside.
- After 15 minutes, remove the chicken from the oven and carefully arrange the veggies alongside the chicken in a single uniform layer. Avoid overcrowding or the vegetables will steam instead of roast. Pour excess marinade on top of the chicken and veggies.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven until the chicken is fully cooked through and the veggies are bright green and slightly fork-tender approximately 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Transfer the chicken and some veggies to individual serving plates, and garnish with fresh basil before serving. Enjoy!
There are endless variations you can use when making Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken Breasts with Veggies. You can swap out the chicken breasts for thighs or drumsticks, and the veggies can be anything from carrots and potatoes to green beans and Brussels sprouts. The beauty of this dish is that it is so versatile - you can really use whatever you have on hand. The key to success is to cut the chicken and veggies into uniform pieces so they cook evenly. Another tip is to preheat the pan in the oven before adding the ingredients, as this will help to ensure nice, crispy skin on the chicken.
Whether you're feeding a family or just looking for an easy weeknight meal, Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken Breasts with Veggies is sure to please.
Cooking at home is a great way to save money and eat healthily, but it can be hard to find the time to prepare a meal from scratch every day. That's where sheet pan meals come in! These one-dish wonders are perfect for busy weeknights, and they can often be prepped ahead of time and stored in the fridge until you're ready to cook them. But how long will they last?
Generally speaking, cooked chicken breasts will be safe to eat after 3-4 days in the fridge. This is true for both roasted chicken breasts and sheet pan roasted chicken breasts with veggies. Of course, it's always best to consume them sooner rather than later for the best quality and flavor. So if you're meal prepping for the week, make sure to eat your sheet pan meals within 4 days. Enjoy!
Roasting chicken breasts on a sheet pan is a simple and delicious way to enjoy a healthy meal. Here are some top tips for making the perfect dish:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. This will help to ensure that the chicken breasts cook evenly.
- Season the chicken breasts generously with salt and pepper. You can also add other herbs and spices, depending on your preferred flavor profile.
- Place the chicken breasts on a bed of vegetables. This will help to keep them moist during cooking and also infuse them with flavor. Popular vegetables to use include potatoes, carrots, and onions.
- Roast in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes, or until the chicken breasts are cooked through. Once they are done, remove them from the oven and enjoy!