Slow Cooked Pulled Pork Chili is a delicious recipe that will tantalize your taste buds! It's the perfect dinner solution to make when you want to impress friends and family. Slow cooking enhances the flavor of the pork, making it unbelievably tender as it combines with the sweet heat of chili and aromatic herbs and spices.
All you need to do is throw all of your ingredients into the Slow Cooker, let them simmer away until dinner, then serve. Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Chili is a fail-safe recipe for those nights when you don't have much time or energy - not to mention how much your family and friends will rave about your culinary masterpiece!
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Chili is a must-have recipe for any dinner gathering with family or friends.
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Chili is a must-have recipe for any dinner gathering with family or friends. This delicious and luxurious dish requires minimal effort and time in preparation, making it perfect for busy households. Slow cookers bring out the best in pork, enhancing its flavor profile and texture even more than traditional cooking methods. Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Chili will impress even the toughest foodies, as its many layers of flavors tantalize the taste buds. Plus, due to its hearty nature, Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Chili makes for an excellent meal that everyone can enjoy!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 4 hours (high) – 8 hours (low)
Ingredients needed to make Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Chili
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T. dark cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 T. chili powder
- 2 t. ground cumin
- ½ t. cayenne pepper
- 1 T. Mexican oregano
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- 3-3½ lbs. pork shoulder roast, trimmed
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 4-oz. can mild green chilies
- 3 T. tomato paste
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 15-oz. can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 t. liquid smoke
- 1 c. chicken broth, preferably organic
- To serve:
- Mexican cheese blend, finely shredded
- Red onion, diced
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
Instructions for making Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Chili
- Combine garlic, cocoa powder, chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, and Mexican oregano in a small bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Rub pork roast with seasoning mixture on all sides and place in a 5 or 6-quart slower cooker crock. Arrange the remaining solid ingredients around the pork, then pour the liquid smoke and chicken broth on top. Stir the ingredients on each side of the pork with a fork to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, or on low for 8. Do not remove lid while cooking.
- When cook time is complete, remove lid and gently pull the pork apart with two forks. Allow the pulled pork to rest in the juices for 10-15 minutes to absorb more flavor, if desired. To serve, top with shredded Mexican cheese, chopped red onion, and/or fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
This classic dish is perfect for family dinners, and can easily be transformed into an ideal party meal that will have your friends asking for seconds. Spice it up with added chili powder and ground cumin, or go mild by cutting back on the garlic. Take advantage of seasonal produce and add frozen corn, tomatoes and peppers for a colorful twist. There’s no limit to variations you can make with this flavorful yet convenient meal!
A delicious dish like Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Chili is a great choice for an easy dinner with family or friends, and storage in the fridge helps make that possible. If you follow the recipe instructions carefully, your tasty chili should remain fresh for up to 4 days in the fridge. That's 4 days of convenience - no need to worry about going back to the kitchen each day to cook a meal, simply heat up your freezer-stored chili and enjoy! With storage, this recipe will help feed you and your loved ones terrific dinners all week long!
First and foremost, be sure to have all of your ingredients conveniently laid out before you start cooking. Prepping everything beforehand will save time and ensure that you follow the recipe correctly.
Secondly, don't forget about the sides! Adding accompaniments such as freshly-made cornbread or a side salad can take your dinner from ordinary to extraordinary.
Finally, make enough for everyone; depending on how many guests are coming over, consider doubling or even tripling the quantity of the recipe so that there's plenty of food for your family or friends.
With these top tips in mind, you'll be able to make an unforgettable meal with ease!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: