The holidays are a time for family, friends, and delicious food. If you're looking for a healthy yet festive dish to serve at your holiday dinner, try stuffed eggplants with pomegranate and tahini. This dish is perfect for a crowd, and it's sure to impress your guests with its beautiful presentation and tantalizing flavors.
The Best part about Stuffed Eggplants with Pomegranate & Tahini
The best part is that it's actually quite easy to make, so you'll have plenty of time to enjoy the holidays yourself. Give this recipe a try, and you'll see why stuffed eggplants with pomegranate and tahini are the perfect holiday dish.
What is so special about Stuffed Eggplants with Pomegranate & Tahini
Stuffed eggplants are a delicious and healthy dish that can be enjoyed by the whole family. Pomegranate and tahini give the eggplants a unique flavor that is both sweet and savory. The pomegranate provides a nutritional boost, while the tahini adds creaminess and depth of flavor. This dish is also very versatile, as it can be served as a main course or side dish. Whether you're looking for a hearty meal or a light snack, Stuffed Eggplants with Pomegranate & Tahini is a perfect choice.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 3 small eggplants, halved
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 T. tomato paste
- 2 t. ground cumin
- ½ t. ground cinnamon
- ¼ t. dried oregano
- ¼ t. red pepper flakes
- 1 15-oz. can of crushed tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 15-oz. can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ c. plain Greek yogurt (full fat)
- 3 T. tahini
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- ½ c. pomegranate seeds
- ½ c. fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or Silpat® baking mat.
- Place the eggplant halves cut side down onto the prepared baking sheet and place in the oven to roast for 20 minutes or just until the eggplants begin to soften up.
- In the meantime, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and red pepper. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion becomes soft and translucent, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, tomato paste, cumin, cinnamon, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the spices become fragrant, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and chickpeas. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired, and stir to combine. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the eggplants from the oven and flip so that the cut side is facing up. Once cool enough to handle, scoop out the seeded part from the eggplants and discard.
- Stuff the eggplants with the warm chickpea mixture and return to the oven to roast for another 15-20 minutes, or until the eggplant flesh is really soft and the chickpea mixture is bubbly.
- Meanwhile, whisk the yogurt with the tahini and fresh lemon juice in a small bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Remove stuffed eggplants from the oven and cool slightly. To serve, top each stuffed eggplant with a spoonful of the tahini dressing, pomegranate seeds, and some fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Stuffed eggplant is a delicious and healthy dish that can be made in many different ways. The basic recipe includes eggplant, tahini, pomegranate, and lemon juice, but there are many variations that can be used to suit your taste. For example, you can add garlic or onion for extra flavor, or use different types of cheese in the filling. You can also change the type of bread crumbs that are used or add nuts or seeds for a crunchy texture.
The possibilities are endless, so experiment until you find the perfect combination for you.
Stuffed eggplant can be stored for two to three days in the fridge if placed in an air-tight container.
When it comes to making Stuffed Eggplants with Pomegranate & Tahini, there are a few top tips to keep in mind. First, be sure to choose eggplants that are firm and free of blemishes. Next, cut the eggplants in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh, being careful not to puncture the skin. Once the eggplants are prepared, stuff them with a mixture of pomegranate seeds, tahini, and spices. Finally, bake the eggplants in a preheated oven until they are tender and golden brown. By following these simple tips, you can create a delicious and healthy dish that is sure to please your guests..