Roasted Curried Carrots are the perfect accompaniment for any family dinner. This easy, healthy recipe is a crowd-pleaser for people of all ages! The flavor of the roasted carrots combined with the delicious blend of spices will have everyone wanting more.
Try out this simple and tasty side dish - you won't regret it! It's also one of those recipes that doesn't take up too much of your time - all you have to do is preheat the oven, toss everything together in a bowl, and then place it on a baking sheet before putting it in the oven - perfect if you're short on time!
Who doesn't love a tasty side dish?
Who doesn't love a tasty side dish? Kids especially enjoy Roasted Curried Carrots - they are full of flavor, healthy and easy to make. This popular recipe is usually a hit with the whole family, making it an ideal dish for dinnertime. Not only is it nutritious and delicious, but there's something unique about the blend of spices that give it that extra special touch. So if you're looking for something to spice up your dinner routine, try out this tasty yet simple recipe and see why everyone loves Roasted Curried Carrots!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- Who doesn't love a tasty side dish?
- Ingredients to make The Scrumptiously Roasted Curried Carrots
- Instructions for making Scrumptiously Roasted Curried Carrots
- Variations to the Scrumptiously Roasted Curried Carrots recipe.
- Equipment for making for the Scrumptiously Roasted Curried Carrots
- Storage for the Scrumptiously Roasted Curried Carrots
- Top tips for making the Scrumptiously Roasted Curried Carrots
- The Scrumptiously Roasted Curried Carrots
Ingredients to make The Scrumptiously Roasted Curried Carrots
2 lbs. fresh carrots, peeled and cut on the diagonal
1 T. extra virgin olive oil
2 T. honey, preferably local
1 T. curry powder
10-12 fresh thyme sprigs
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Instructions for making Scrumptiously Roasted Curried Carrots
- Place top oven rack in the center position and preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat™ baking sheet. Set aside.
- Add carrots, olive oil, honey, curry powder, and fresh thyme to a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper, to taste. Toss until well combined.
- Pour seasoned carrots into the prepared sheet pan and spread them into a single layer without overcrowding. Place in the preheated oven and roast for 20-25 minutes, turning carrots once halfway through cooking. Carrots should be crisp tender and nicely browned when ready.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a serving bowl or platter. Serve immediately with your choice of entrees. Enjoy!
Variations to the Scrumptiously Roasted Curried Carrots recipe.
Roasted Curried Carrots are a delicious and healthy way to spice up family dinner. The great thing about this recipe is that it offers plenty of variations. Try using different types of root vegetables such as parsnips, turnips, sweet potatoes or rutabaga. Or, you can switch up the herbs and spices used in the curry powder blend. For those who prefer a less spicy dish, you can reduce the amount of cayenne pepper in the recipe or opt for milder spices. There are lots of options when it comes to revamping this tasty dish so it’s a perfect way to get your family involved in deciding what flavors work best for them!
Equipment for making for the Scrumptiously Roasted Curried Carrots
Storage for the Scrumptiously Roasted Curried Carrots
The Roasted Curried Carrots make for a delicious, healthy, and easy addition to any dinner. But how long should you keep them in the fridge after making them? Proper storage of these tasty carrots is key to ensuring that they are enjoyed by your family at their best. The recommended storage time for roasted curried carrots is between three and four days. But if you want to get the most out of this recipe, it's best to serve and enjoy them as soon as possible after they are cooked!
Top tips for making the Scrumptiously Roasted Curried Carrots
For a simple yet healthy side dish that is sure to please the whole family, Roasted Curried Carrots is an easy recipe to master. Here are some top tips for ensuring they turn out perfectly every time! Firstly, it's important to choose large carrots and cut them into similarly sized pieces so that the carrots cook evenly in the oven. Secondly, make sure to season the carrots well with spices like curry powder and salt for maximum flavor. Thirdly, use a sheet pan with edges so that your carrots don't roll around. Finally, make sure not to overcrowd the pan as this will create steam and prevent your carrots from roasting properly. With these tips in mind, you'll be able to whip up a delicious Roasted Curried Carrots dish for your next dinner without a hitch!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: