Who doesn't love a good Homemade Peach Cobbler? Nothing compares to the classic taste of sugary peaches and buttery crust that homemade cobbler provides. It's surprisingly simple to make this exquisitely sweet dessert with only a few ingredients; all you need is your favorite recipe and some fresh, ripe peaches!
Not only does it look beautiful when it comes out of the oven, but most importantly, it tastes amazing. So if you're looking for an easy yet delicious dessert that you can make right in your own kitchen, a homemade peach cobbler could be just the thing to hit the spot.
Kids love Homemade Peach Cobbler!
Kids love Homemade Peach Cobbler! It's a classic dessert recipe that is truly mouth-watering. Kids enjoy being able to get involved in the process too; helping you prepare the dish and then digging in afterward with big smiles on their faces. And if they help you make it with fresh peaches, even better! There's something special and rewarding about preparing a homemade dish with locally sourced ingredients which makes the cobbler tastes all the more delicious.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 20-25 minutes
- Kids love Homemade Peach Cobbler!
- Ingredients needed to make Homemade Peach Cobbler
- Instructions for making Homemade Peach Cobbler
- Variations to the Homemade Peach Cobbler recipe
- Equipment used in making Homemade Peach Cobbler
- Storage for the Homemade Peach Cobbler
- Top tips on making Homemade Peach Cobbler
- The Superbly made Homemade Peach Cobbler
Ingredients needed to make Homemade Peach Cobbler
- 8 large, ripe peaches, pitted and chopped
- ⅓ c. white sugar
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 2 t. all-purpose flour
- 1 t. kosher salt
- 1 t. nutmeg
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1 t. real vanilla extract
- ¼ c. packed brown sugar
- Topping Ingredients:
1 c. all-purpose flour
- ¾ c. sugar, divided
- 1 t. kosher salt
- 1 t. baking powder
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup water
- 8 T. unsalted butter, very well chilled
- 1 egg white, beaten with water added
Optional, to serve: Whipped cream or ice cream, of choice
Instructions for making Homemade Peach Cobbler
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Add peaches, sugar, lemon juice, flour, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla extract to a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Transfer to a greased 8” x 8” baking pan and spread into an even layer. Sprinkle brown sugar on top of the peach mixture before placing the pan in preheated oven. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Add flour, ½ cup sugar, salt, and baking powder to a different bowl and stir to combine. Chop chilled butter into very small pieces with a sharp knife. Add to bowl and combine with dry ingredients with your fingers until small pebble-sized pieces are formed.
- Add heavy cream and water to the flour mixture and stir with a fork until all the dry ingredients are moist and somewhat sticky. Do not overwork the dough.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven and carefully spoon the dough over the top, ensuring the dough is the same thickness throughout. Leave spaces in between, as pictured, for a more rustic look.
- Return to oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until the topping begins to brown. Remove from oven and brush the top with the egg white wash and sprinkle remaining sugar on top. Return to oven to finish baking, another 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven when the top is golden brown.
- Allow the pan to cool slightly before serving on its own or topped with whipped cream or ice cream. Enjoy!
Variations to the Homemade Peach Cobbler recipe
Variations in a Homemade Peach Cobbler recipe can open up a whole new world for you to explore! You can use different types of fruit, such as apples or blueberries. If you want your dessert to be extra special, mix two kinds of fruits together like peach and strawberry! You can also spruce up the flavors by adding ground cinnamon, nutmeg, or other flavorful spices. Additionally, you can tailor it to your preference with different types of crusts - a lattice top or biscuit topping would make it even more delectable. With all these modifications available, you are likely to find a variation of this classic favorite that will satisfy everyone's sweet tooth and keep them happy!
Equipment used in making Homemade Peach Cobbler
Storage for the Homemade Peach Cobbler
Making Homemade Peach Cobbler is always a treat! With its delicious mix of sweet peaches and crunchy, golden-brown topping, it's one dessert that everyone loves. But once the cobbler is made, an important question arises: how long can it be stored in the fridge? Fortunately, following a few simple rules will ensure your favorite recipe remains safe and appetizing for up to five days. To ensure the best storage results, make sure your Homemade Peach Cobble follow all the temperature and hygiene guidelines listed in the original recipe. This way you can keep your delicious treat from going bad too quickly.
Top tips on making Homemade Peach Cobbler
If you want to make a delicious Homemade Peach Cobbler for dessert, there are some important tips that you should know first. As with all baking recipes, accuracy is key, so measuring precisely and following the instructions step-by-step is essential. Secondly, be sure to use fresh peaches as they will give the tastiest cobbler! Lastly, don’t forget to add a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream on top; it elevates the peach cobbler experience and makes it even more divine. With these top tips in mind, you'll create a delicious homemade Homemade Peach Cobbler that will delight any dinner guests!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: