Sriracha and honey have been having a moment lately. You see it everywhere - on chicken wings, in dips, even in cocktails. So it's no surprise that someone has come up with a recipe for Hot Honey Sriracha Salmon.
Sweet and spicy
This dish is sweet and spicy, and it's healthy, too. The salmon is baked, not fried, and it's served with a simple side of rice. So if you're looking for a healthy dinner option that has a little bit of everything, Hot Honey Sriracha Salmon is the perfect choice.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- ¼ c. low-sodium soy sauce
3 T. honey (preferably local)
3 T. sriracha sauce
2 t. sesame oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1 medium lime, juiced
4 4-oz salmon fillets
4 T. sesame seeds
2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Hot cooked rice (optional for serving)
- Whisk soy sauce, honey, sriracha, sesame oil, garlic, and lime juice in a small, shallow dish. Place the salmon fillets in the marinade and toss to coat on all sides. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper for easy clean-up.
- Arrange salmon fillets on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with any leftover marinade. Roast until lightly browned, but still flakey in the middle, 14-16 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and fresh scallions. Serve over hot cooked rice, if desired. Enjoy!
Making Hot Honey Sriracha Salmon is easy and only requires a few ingredients. The most important ingredient is, of course, salmon. You can use any type of salmon, but I prefer to use wild-caught salmon because it has a stronger flavor. If you can't find Hot Honey Sriracha sauce, you can substitute regular honey and sriracha sauce.
Just mix them together in equal parts and you're good to go. Finally, you'll need some green onions for garnish. Once you have all of your ingredients, simply preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cook the salmon for about 20-25 minutes. When it's done, drizzle with the Hot Honey Sriracha sauce and garnish with green onions. Enjoy!
Hot Honey Sriracha Salmon is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that can be enjoyed any time of year. The combination of sweet and spicy makes it a hit with both kids and adults alike. While there are many variations of this dish, the basic recipe calls for salmon, honey, sriracha sauce, and lime juice.
To make Hot Honey Sriracha Salmon, simply marinate the salmon in the honey, sriracha sauce, and lime juice for 30 minutes to an hour. Then, bake the salmon in a preheated oven until cooked through. For a more decadent version of this dish, try using brown sugar instead of honey. And for an extra zing, add a dash of cayenne pepper to the marinade. No matter what variations you choose, Hot Honey Sriracha Salmon is sure to be a hit!
Hot honey sriracha salmon can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days. Simply place the salmon in an airtight container or wrap it in plastic wrap before storing it in the fridge.
Top 5 tips
Hot Honey Sriracha Salmon is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for a weeknight meal. The salmon is covered in a sweet and spicy sauce and then baked in the oven until it is cooked through. Here are the top 5 tips to keep in mind when making Hot Honey Sriracha Salmon:
- Make sure the salmon is properly thawed before cooking. If the salmon is still frozen, it will not cook evenly and will be difficult to get a good sear on the outside.
- Preheat the oven before adding the salmon. This will help to ensure that the salmon cooks evenly throughout.
- Be careful not to overcook the salmon. The salmon should be cooked through, but still moist and flavorful. Overcooked salmon can be dry and lacking in flavor.
- When making the sauce, taste it before adding it to the salmon. This will give you a chance to adjust the flavors to your liking.
- Serve the Hot Honey Sriracha Salmon with rice or quinoa and a green vegetable for a complete and balanced meal.