Instant Pot® Asian-Style Sticky Ribs are the perfect dinner for a lazy night in. This recipe is easy to follow and only takes a few minutes to prepare. The Instant Pot® does all the work, so all you have to do is sit back and relax.
A special dish for a family
The ribs come out tender and full of flavor, and the sticky sauce is sure to please everyone at the table. Whether you're looking for an easy weeknight meal or a special dish for a family gathering, Instant Pot® Asian-Style Sticky Ribs are sure to hit the spot.
What is so good about making Asian-Style Sticky Ribs on an Instant Pot® ?
Instant Pot® Asian-Style Sticky ribs are one of the easiest and most delicious dinners you can make at home. They're perfect for a family dinner because they're packed with flavor and everyone will love them. Plus, they're made in an Instant Pot®, so they'll be on the table in no time. Instant Pot® Asian-Style Sticky Ribs are made with lean pork ribs that are cooked until they're tender and then coated in a sticky, sweet, and savory sauce.
Incredibly flavorful and moist
The Instant Pot® cooks the ribs evenly and quickly, so you don't have to worry about them being overcooked or dry. And because the Instant Pot® retains all of the flavors and juices from the ribs, they're incredibly flavorful and moist. Whether you're looking for an easy weeknight dinner or an elegant dish to serve at a dinner party, Instant Pot® Asian-Style Sticky Ribs are sure to impress.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Active cook time: 25 minutes (+ time to come to pressure)
Natural release: 10 minutes
Broil time: 5-6 minutes
Dry Rub Ingredients:
1 t. salt
½ t. black pepper
2 t. Chinese 5 Spice blend
1 t. garlic powder
½ t. onion powder
1 T. fresh ginger, finely minced
1-2 t. sugar-free garlic chili sauce
¼ c. tamari or coconut aminos
½ c. honey, preferably local
⅓ c. water
⅓ c. cider vinegar
¼ t. salt
2 lbs. baby back ribs, sliced
2 T. cornstarch
3 large green onions, sliced, green parts only
1 T. white sesame seeds
- Combine the dry rub ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Whisk the sauce ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- Place the ribs in a large bowl and sprinkle the dry rub on top. Toss to combine and rub the seasoning into the ribs until they are coated on all sides.
- Place the seasoned ribs in the Instant Pot® without stacking and pour the sauce on top. Lock the lid into place and flip the pressure valve to “Sealing.” Set the “Manual” setting to “High” and adjust the cooking time to 25 minutes.
- While the ribs are cooking, line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- When cook time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then do a quick release for any remaining pressure. Once the pin drops, carefully remove the lid and transfer the ribs to the prepared baking sheet. Set aside.
- Place the top oven rack a few inches below the broiler and pre-heat the broiler to “high.”
- Add the cornstarch and an equal amount of the hot liquid from the Instant Pot® to a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Select the “Sauté’ function on the highest setting and bring the sauce to a boil while stirring frequently. Add a little of the cornstarch slurry at a time to the sauce until thickened, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Turn the Instant Pot® off. Transfer the sauce to a bowl and brush over the ribs on both sides. Place the baking sheet under the broiler for 2-3 minutes before turning. Repeat on remaining side until nicely browned.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and brush more sauce on the ribs, then sprinkle with sliced green onions and sesame seeds. Serve immediately with the remaining sauce on the side. Enjoy!
If you're looking to make Instant Pot® Asian-Style Sticky Ribs but don't have all the ingredients on hand, never fear! There are several substitutes you can use to still create a delicious dish.
For the sauce, you can
swap out the honey for brown sugar, molasses, or agave nectar.
if you don't have cider vinegar, white vinegar will work as well.
As for the ribs themselves,
you can use pork spare ribs, pork loin ribs, or even chicken thighs. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly. Bone-in meat will take longer to cook than boneless.
So go ahead and experiment - with these substitutes, you can't go wrong! Instant Pot® Asian-Style Sticky Ribs are sure to be a hit no matter what.
Instant Pot® Asian-Style Sticky Ribs are a quick and easy way to enjoy ribs that are packed with flavor. The Instant Pot® cooks the ribs quickly, and the end result is tender, juicy ribs that are coated in a sticky, sweet, and savory sauce. While the Instant Pot® Asian-Style Sticky Ribs recipe is delicious as is, there are a few simple variations that can be made to change up the flavors.
For example, try using different types of meat such as pork loin or chicken thighs. Or, add in some vegetables such as mushrooms or snow peas. And, if you want a bit of heat, add in some crushed red pepper flakes or Sriracha sauce. With these simple variations, you can easily create a dish that is tailored to your taste buds. So go ahead and give Instant Pot® Asian-Style Sticky Ribs a try – you won't be disappointed!
Instant Pot® Asian-Style Sticky Ribs can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Be sure to store them in an airtight container so they don't dry out. To reheat, simply put them back in the Instant Pot® on the Keep Warm setting for a few minutes. Enjoy!
Instant Pot® Asian-Style Sticky Ribs are a delicious and easy way to get your fix of sticky, sweet, and savory ribs. Here are the top 5 tips for making the best Instant Pot® Asian-Style Sticky Ribs:
- Start with the right ribs. Look for ribs that are well-marbled and have a good amount of fat. This will help to create the perfect balance of flavor and texture.
- Season the ribs well. Be generous with your seasoning, as this will help to create a delicious crust on the ribs.
- Sear the ribs before pressure cooking. This will help to lock in the flavor and prevent the meat from drying out.
- Pressure cook the ribs on high for just 25 minutes. This will ensure that the ribs are cooked through but still nice and tender.
- Let the Instant Pot® do its work. Once the timer goes off, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes before quickly releasing any remaining pressure. This will help to create perfectly cooked and incredibly moist ribs.