Get ready for a flavor explosion with our Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Bacon recipe! These little green gems are taken to a whole new level of deliciousness as they sizzle alongside crispy, savory bacon. The result? A mouthwatering dish that combines the smokiness of bacon with the caramelized goodness of Brussels sprouts.
It's the perfect side dish that'll have even the Brussels sprouts skeptics coming back for seconds. Whether you're serving it up for a cozy weeknight dinner or as a show-stopping side at your next gathering, this recipe is bound to become a family favorite.
Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Bacon recipe is a culinary
nd the best part? This dish is a breeze to make. Simply toss your Brussels sprouts with a drizzle of olive oil, season them to perfection, and let them sizzle in a hot pan with those irresistible bacon pieces. As the sprouts caramelize and the bacon crisps up, your kitchen will be filled with an aroma that's simply irresistible. It's a balance of textures and flavors that's hard to beat. So, whether you're a die-hard Brussels sprouts enthusiast or looking for a way to convert the skeptics at your table, our Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Bacon recipe is a culinary adventure that's well worth taking. Give it a try and watch those plates empty in no time!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Bacon recipe is a culinary
- Ingredients needed to make Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Bacon
- How to make Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Bacon
- Variations on the Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Bacon recipe
- Equipment used in making Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Bacon
- Storage for the Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Bacon
- Top tips to know when making Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Bacon
- How to make the BEST Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Bacon
Ingredients needed to make Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Bacon
4 thick-cut bacon slices
1½ lbs. fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
2 T. extra virgin olive oil.
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
How to make Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Bacon
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Cook bacon in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, turning once to ensure it is cooked evenly on both sides. Cover pan with a splatter guard while cooking, if desired.
Remove skillet from heat and place cooked bacon on a wire rack set over paper towels to drain. Once cool, blot bacon with paper towels to remove excess fat before crumbling.
After skillet has cooled slightly, carefully drain the excess bacon fat into an empty can or other heat-safe container. If any fat drips down the side of the skillet, be sure to wipe it off with a damp dish cloth before putting it back on the burner.
In a large bowl, combine Brussels sprouts and olive oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
Heat skillet over medium-high heat and add Brussels sprouts and cook for several minutes until they begin to turn brown. Add the crumbled bacon to the skillet and place in the pre-heated oven. Roast for 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway through, until the sprouts turn a rich, caramelized color.
Remove skillet from oven and serve immediately.
Variations on the Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Bacon recipe
Here are 10 mouthwatering variations to spice up your Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Bacon recipe:
- Maple Glaze: Drizzle the sprouts with maple syrup for a sweet and savory twist that adds a delightful caramelized finish.
- Balsamic Bliss: Splash some balsamic vinegar over the sprouts for a tangy kick that balances the rich bacon flavors.
- Garlic Infusion: Add minced garlic to the pan for an aromatic boost that complements the smokiness of the bacon.
- Honey Mustard Magic: Toss the sprouts in a honey mustard dressing for a zesty and slightly sweet flavor profile.
- Parmesan Paradise: Sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese over the pan-roasted sprouts for a cheesy, nutty enhancement.
- Pecan Crunch: Roast some pecan halves alongside the sprouts for added texture and a nutty flavor.
- Red Pepper Heat: Incorporate red pepper flakes or sliced red chili peppers for a spicy kick that contrasts with the bacon's richness.
- Lemon Zest Zing: Grate fresh lemon zest over the sprouts for a burst of citrusy freshness.
- Cranberry Twist: Add dried cranberries for a sweet and tart pop that complements the savory bacon.
- Blue Cheese Dream: Crumble some blue cheese over the sprouts for a creamy, pungent twist that pairs wonderfully with bacon.
Feel free to mix and match these variations or create your own unique combination to suit your taste buds. With these options, your Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Bacon can become a versatile side dish for any occasion. Enjoy your culinary adventures!
Equipment used in making Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Bacon
Cast Iron Skillet
Storage for the Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Bacon
You can store Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Bacon in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. To ensure the dish stays fresh and safe to eat during this time, follow these storage guidelines:
- Cool Quickly: Allow the Brussels sprouts and bacon to cool down to room temperature before refrigerating them. This helps prevent condensation inside the container, which can make the dish soggy.
- Airtight Container: Transfer the leftovers to an airtight container or cover them tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Ensure there are no gaps for air to enter.
- Label and Date: It's a good practice to label the container with the date you prepared the dish. This makes it easier to track its freshness.
- Reheat Safely: When reheating, make sure to heat it thoroughly until it's piping hot to kill any potential bacteria. This will help maintain the flavors and texture.
After the fourth day, the quality of the dish may deteriorate, and there's a higher risk of spoilage.
Top tips to know when making Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Bacon
Here are 10 top tips to ensure your Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Bacon turn out perfectly:
- Choose Fresh Brussels Sprouts: Opt for fresh, firm Brussels sprouts with vibrant green leaves for the best flavor and texture.
- Trim and Halve Uniformly: Trim the tough stem ends and cut the sprouts in halves or quarters to ensure even cooking.
- Render Bacon First: Start by cooking the bacon in the pan until it's crispy and the fat has rendered. Remove the bacon and use the flavorful fat for roasting.
- Don't Overcrowd the Pan: Spread the Brussels sprouts out in a single layer in the pan to allow them to caramelize evenly. Crowding can lead to steaming instead of roasting.
- Season Generously: Season the sprouts with salt, pepper, and any desired spices before roasting to enhance their flavor.
- Use a Hot Oven: Preheat your oven to a high temperature (around 425°F/220°C) for a quick roast that results in crispy exteriors and tender interiors.
- Toss for Even Coating: After adding the sprouts to the pan, give them a good toss to coat them evenly with the bacon fat and seasoning.
- Add Flavorful Extras: Experiment with extra ingredients like garlic, shallots, or red pepper flakes for added depth of flavor.
- Watch for Caramelization: Keep an eye on the sprouts as they roast and look for caramelization; this adds a delicious sweetness.
- Bacon Finale: Add the crispy bacon pieces back to the pan-roasted sprouts just before serving to preserve their crunchiness and infuse the dish with smoky goodness.
With these tips, your Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Bacon will be a culinary triumph every time, with the perfect blend of crispy, savory, and irresistible flavors. Enjoy your cooking adventure!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: