Spicy Turkey Stuffed Mushrooms are a delicious and healthy appetizer that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're hosting a dinner party or just having friends over for drinks, these tasty bites will definitely be a hit.
The best part is, they're surprisingly easy to make! All you need is some fresh mushrooms, ground turkey, spices, and cheese. Serve this quick and easy recipe to your guests and they won't be disappointed!
Spicy Turkey Stuffed Mushrooms are a tasty combination of herbs and spices,
For those looking for a delicious and healthy appetizer, Spicy Turkey Stuffed Mushrooms are a perfect choice! These mushrooms are stuffed with lean ground turkey, a tasty combination of herbs and spices, and nutritious spinach. They can be cooked in the oven or in an air fryer, making them quick and easy to prepare. With their unique flavor profile, these mushrooms make a great snack any time of day. Plus, they're big enough that two people can share one and they still get a full serving of protein! So if you want something healthy yet delicious to serve as an appetizer, look no further than Spicy Turkey Stuffed Mushrooms.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large Poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 lb. bulk turkey sausage
- 4 oz. goat cheese, room temp, cut into small chunks
- 16 oz. medium Portobello mushrooms, rinsed, stems removed, and patted dry
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a large roasting pan with one tablespoon olive oil. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add diced Poblano peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until the peppers soften and develop a bit of color, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add turkey sausage to the skillet. Cook until no longer pink, approximately 6-8 minutes, breaking up the sausage into small pieces while cooking.
- Add goat cheese to the skillet and cover for 1-2 minutes. Remove the cover and stir until the cheese is completely melted and combined with the turkey and pepper mixture. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Fill each mushroom cap with some of the turkey mixtures. Drizzle the mushrooms with remaining olive oil and season with salt and black pepper, as desired.
- Place pan in the preheated oven and roast until the mushrooms are slightly browned around the edges, approximately 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Making variations of this delicious and tasty snack is easy with an array of add-ins. Try swapping out turkey for ground beef or incorporating different spices to customize the flavor. Or, add additional ingredients like onions, black beans, or corn to change up the texture and bulk of the mushrooms. You can also choose a different cheese or skip it altogether and make these vegan-friendly. Whether you want simple variations or something a bit more daring, you can feel confident that there's an easy recipe out there to make all sorts of variations of Spicy Turkey Stuffed Mushrooms.
These delicious appetizers are the perfect make-ahead dish, and they can be stored in the refrigerator either cooked or uncooked. Stored in an airtight container, these easy-to-make treats should keep for up to three days in the fridge. Refrigerating them helps to maintain their flavor and texture so you can achieve that same delicious taste that got rave reviews at your last gathering. No matter how you choose to store them, your spicy turkey stuffed mushrooms will always be an easy, crowd-pleasing appetizer.
If you want to make a delicious appetizer that everyone will love, then look no further than Spicy Turkey Stuffed Mushrooms. The top tips for creating this spicy dish are to make sure you choose the largest mushrooms available, as that will provide more space for stuffing them with the savory filling. You'll also want to consider using ground turkey for the filling, as it can be spiced up easily with some chili powder and garlic powder.
Finally, top off your stuffed mushrooms with cheese of your choice before baking them in the oven at 425°F until they're golden on top - guaranteed to add a kick of flavor and get your party started!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: