Are you ready to take your pasta game to a whole new level of deliciousness? Look no further than our tantalizing dish of Zucchini Noodles with Arrabbiata Sauce. This recipe is a game-changer for those seeking a healthier alternative to traditional pasta without compromising on taste. By replacing the carb-heavy noodles with fresh and vibrant zucchini spirals, you'll enjoy a lighter, gluten-free, and veggie-packed meal.
The Arrabbiata Sauce, with its spicy kick and robust flavors, perfectly complements the zucchini noodles, creating a symphony of taste in every bite. So, whether you're following a specific dietary preference or simply looking for a creative twist on pasta night, our zucchini noodles with Arrabbiata Sauce is sure to become your new favorite go-to recipe. Get ready to tantalize your taste buds and dive into a bowl of flavor-packed goodness!
You can enjoy it as a light and refreshing main course, or pair it with your favorite protein for a well-rounded meal.
Now that your taste buds are tingling with excitement from the thought of zucchini noodles with Arrabbiata Sauce, let's dive into the scrumptious details of this delightful dish. Imagine twirling forkfuls of tender zucchini noodles, perfectly coated in a spicy and tangy Arrabbiata Sauce. This flavor combination will transport you to a culinary paradise. What makes this recipe even more appealing is its versatility. You can enjoy it as a light and refreshing main course, or pair it with your favorite protein for a well-rounded meal. Not only is it low in carbs and packed with nutrients, but it's also a fantastic way to sneak in extra veggies for both kids and adults. So, whether you're looking to satisfy your pasta cravings or wanting to add more plant-based options to your menu, our zucchini noodles with Arrabbiata Sauce will hit all the right spots. Don't miss out on the opportunity to savor this tantalizing dish that combines the best of both worlds – healthy and delicious! Get ready to indulge in a guilt-free, flavor-packed feast that will keep you coming back for more.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- You can enjoy it as a light and refreshing main course, or pair it with your favorite protein for a well-rounded meal.
- Ingredients needed to make Zucchini Noodles with Arrabbiata Sauce.
- How to make Zucchini Noodles with Arrabbiata Sauce.
- Variations on the Zucchini Noodles with Arrabbiata Sauce recipe
- Storage for the Zucchini Noodles with Arrabbiata Sauce.
- Top tips for making Zucchini Noodles with Arrabbiata Sauce.
- How to make some Spicy Zucchini Noodles: Arrabbiata Sauce Recipe
Ingredients needed to make Zucchini Noodles with Arrabbiata Sauce.
3 T. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
½ T. crushed red pepper flakes
½ c. tomato paste
2 c. fresh tomatoes, chopped and seeds removed
1 t. dried oregano
1 t. garlic powder
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
4 large firm zucchini, peeled
3 T. extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
salt and pepper, to taste
Fresh basil, cut into thin slices
Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
How to make Zucchini Noodles with Arrabbiata Sauce.
- Prepare the sauce by heating olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the crushed red pepper flakes and heat until fragrant. Reduce heat to medium-low, then add tomato paste, tomatoes, oregano, and garlic powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Simmer until sauce is slightly reduced, approximately 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the sauce is cooking, slice zucchini into thin, long noodles with a spiral slicer. (If using the Paderno Tri-Blade Vegetable Spiral Slicer, use the small “shredder” blade to create spaghetti-like strands). Cut the noodles with kitchen scissors once they reach approximately 10 inches in length.
- Place cut noodles on paper or clean kitchen towels to absorb excess moisture and set aside.
- Heat olive oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat until the garlic turns golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Remove garlic from the pan with a slotted spoon or fork and discard.
- Add zucchini noodles to skillet and sauté for approximately 2 minutes. While cooking, use tongs to flip the noodles to ensure they are warmed on each side. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and set aside.
- Remove from heat and toss with warm arrabbiata sauce. To serve, transfer to a serving dish and top with sliced basil and freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired. Enjoy!
Variations on the Zucchini Noodles with Arrabbiata Sauce recipe
- Shrimp and Zucchini Noodles: Add succulent shrimp to the zucchini noodles and Arrabbiata Sauce for a delightful seafood twist. Sauté the shrimp separately and toss them with the noodles and sauce for a quick and flavorful meal.
- Chicken and Zucchini Noodles: For a protein-packed variation, cook chicken strips seasoned with Italian herbs and spices. Toss the cooked chicken with the zucchini noodles and Arrabbiata Sauce for a satisfying and filling dish.
- Vegan-friendly Version: Omit the meat altogether and create a vegan-friendly version. Enhance the flavors with sautéed mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, and roasted bell peppers. Top the zucchini noodles with the Arrabbiata Sauce and enjoy a hearty plant-based meal.
- Zesty Lemon Zucchini Noodles: Add a burst of freshness by tossing the zucchini noodles with lemon zest, lemon juice, and fresh herbs like basil or parsley. This variation brings a tangy and vibrant twist to the dish.
- Creamy Avocado Sauce: For a creamy and indulgent option, blend ripe avocados, garlic, lime juice, and a dash of olive oil to create a smooth and creamy avocado sauce. Toss the zucchini noodles in this sauce for a luscious and flavorful variation.
- Mediterranean-Inspired: Give the dish a Mediterranean flair by adding ingredients like Kalamata olives, feta cheese, and diced cucumbers. The combination of flavors will elevate the zucchini noodles with Arrabbiata Sauce to a whole new level.
- Pesto Infusion: Mix things up by tossing the zucchini noodles with homemade or store-bought pesto sauce. The vibrant flavors of basil, garlic, and pine nuts will perfectly complement the zucchini and the spicy Arrabbiata Sauce.
- Roasted Vegetable Medley: Roast a variety of vegetables such as eggplant, zucchini, bell peppers, and cherry tomatoes. Toss the roasted veggies with the zucchini noodles and Arrabbiata Sauce for a hearty and wholesome variation.
- Caprese Twist: Incorporate the classic Caprese flavors by adding fresh mozzarella cheese, cherry tomatoes, and basil leaves to the zucchini noodles. Drizzle with balsamic glaze or reduction for an elegant and delicious twist.
- Spicy Sausage Upgrade: Swap out the traditional ground meat for spicy Italian sausage. Sauté the sausage until cooked through and toss it with the zucchini noodles and Arrabbiata Sauce for an extra kick of flavor and heat.
Storage for the Zucchini Noodles with Arrabbiata Sauce.
Store the wet ingredients (lettuce, tomato, onion) separately from the dry ingredients (buns) in the fridge, and recombine when ready. Good for 2-3 days.
These ingredients do/don't stand up well to freezing for X days/weeks/months.
Top tips for making Zucchini Noodles with Arrabbiata Sauce.
Some Top Tips to keep in mind when making the Zucchini noodles with Arrabbiata Sauce recipe
- Use firm zucchini: Opt for zucchini that is firm and not overly ripe. This will ensure that the noodles hold their shape and have a pleasant texture.
- Salt and drain the zucchini: After spiralizing the zucchini, sprinkle it with salt and let it sit for about 10-15 minutes. This step helps draw out excess moisture, preventing the noodles from becoming too watery when cooked.
- Sauté the zucchini noodles briefly: When cooking the zucchini noodles, aim for a quick sauté rather than prolonged cooking. This will help maintain their crunchiness and prevent them from turning mushy.
- Adjust the spice level: Arrabbiata Sauce is known for its spiciness. Adjust the amount of red pepper flakes or chili powder to suit your taste preferences. Start with a smaller amount and add more gradually if desired.
- Simmer the Arrabbiata Sauce: Allow the sauce to simmer for a while to develop its flavors fully. This will help meld the spices and ingredients together, resulting in a richer and more complex sauce.
- Fresh ingredients make a difference: Opt for fresh, high-quality ingredients when making the Arrabbiata Sauce. Fresh tomatoes, garlic, and herbs will contribute to the overall taste and aroma of the dish.
- Customize the toppings: Get creative with toppings to enhance the flavors and textures. Consider adding grated Parmesan cheese, fresh basil leaves, or a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil for added richness and freshness.
- Don't overcook the sauce: While simmering the sauce is important, be cautious not to overcook it. The sauce should still maintain a vibrant red color and have a slightly thick consistency.
- Keep leftovers separate: If you have leftovers, store the zucchini noodles and Arrabbiata Sauce separately. This will prevent the noodles from becoming soggy when reheating.
- Enjoy immediately: Zucchini noodles are best enjoyed fresh and hot. Serve the dish immediately after combining the noodles with the sauce to preserve their texture and flavor.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these: