This mouth-watering, healthy recipe for an apple-celery salad with toasted hazelnuts and honey-dijon vinaigrette is sure to be a hit at your next dinner gathering. With layers of crisp apples and crunchy celery in a creamy dressing full of rich nutty flavors, this easy-to-make dessert offers both nutrition and satisfaction.
The combination of sweet apples, savory celery, buttery hazelnuts, and the zesty goodness of honey-dijon vinaigrette adds delicious complexity to each bite. Make it your go-to tasty treat today!
This salad contains an excellent balance of vitamins and minerals from both fruits and vegetables.
Bursting with crunchy celery, flavorful hazelnuts, and sweet honey-dijon dressing, this salad contains an excellent balance of vitamins and minerals from both fruits and vegetables. Furthermore, the recipe is not overly complicated - making it both convenient and nutritious to enjoy. With minimal effort, you can easily assemble a salad that not only tastes great but is also great for your health!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 (to roast hazelnuts)
- This salad contains an excellent balance of vitamins and minerals from both fruits and vegetables.
- Ingredients needed to make Apple-Celery Salad with Toasted Hazelnuts
- Instructions for making Apple-Celery Salad with Toasted Hazelnuts
- Variations on the Apple-Celery Salad with Toasted Hazelnuts Recipe
- Storage for the Apple-Celery Salad with Toasted Hazelnuts
- Top tips on the Apple-Celery Salad with Toasted Hazelnuts recipe
- Apple-Celery Salad with Toasted Hazelnuts
Ingredients needed to make Apple-Celery Salad with Toasted Hazelnuts
Honey-Dijon Salad Vinaigrette:
1 t. Dijon Mustard
2 T. runny honey
2 T. cider vinegar
4 T. olive oil or any substitute
Pink Himalayan Salt and black pepper, to taste
½ c. hazelnuts, toasted, roughly chopped, divided
6 large celery stalks (preferably organic), sliced
1-2 large red apples, thinly sliced
¼ c. thinly sliced red onions or shallots2 c. arugula
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Instructions for making Apple-Celery Salad with Toasted Hazelnuts
- Toast hazelnuts per instructions at bottom of the recipe. Set aside.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by adding all ingredients to a small jar and whisking vigorously, emulsifying it into a creamy consistency. Adjust seasoning as necessary and set aside.
- Place arugula in the bottom of a large salad bowl.
- Add sliced apples, celery, red onions, and ⅔rd of the toasted hazelnuts. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad (you may not need all of it) and toss to combine.
- To serve, divide salad onto chilled salad plates and top with remaining toasted hazelnuts. Enjoy!
Variations on the Apple-Celery Salad with Toasted Hazelnuts Recipe
Making variations to the Apple-Celery Salad with Toasted Hazelnuts & Honey-Dijon Vinaigrette is a great way to stay creative and healthy in the kitchen. The simple combination of crisp apples, bright celery, roasted hazelnuts, and creamy dressing make for a delicious base. However, variations are key to taking this wholesome recipe from just fine to fantastic!
Consider swapping out the honey for maple syrup for a slight twist,
as well as changing out the celery for cucumbers or bell peppers for added crunch.
For an extra pop of flavor, try adding dried cherries or cranberries instead of the classic grapes.
With endless variations and flavor combinations, this delectable recipe might become a weekly favorite!
Storage for the Apple-Celery Salad with Toasted Hazelnuts
The Apple-Celery Salad with Toasted Hazelnuts & Honey-Dijon Vinaigrette is a healthy and delicious recipe that can be enjoyed as part of any meal. Fortunately, storage isn’t a problem - with proper storage techniques, the salad can safely remain in the fridge for up to 3 days. To ensure safe storage, make sure to use an airtight container or resealable bag and avoid leaving it at room temperature for too long. Enjoying this tasty dish won’t be a hassle if you follow these storage guidelines!
Top tips on the Apple-Celery Salad with Toasted Hazelnuts recipe
If you crave a flavorful and healthy salad, the Apple-Celery Salad with Toasted Hazelnuts & Honey-Dijon Vinaigrette is an ideal dish. It is easy to prepare and has plenty of nutritious ingredients. Here are the top tips for making this recipe: Start by chopping the celery and apples into small bite-size pieces; then toast the hazelnuts until they are lightly golden before roughly chopping. Create the dressing with equal parts honey and dijon mustard, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Finally, combine all ingredients in a bowl and top with crunchy chopped hazelnuts. This salad is sure to hit all your macros!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: