Beef and mushroom chili is the perfect dinner for a party, especially when watching football. It's easy to make, delicious, and always a crowd-pleaser. This recipe has the hearty flavor of beef combined with the earthy taste of mushrooms - pure heaven!
Plus, it's a great meal to make ahead; it tastes even better after it sits in the fridge overnight. Beef and mushroom chili is sure to make your next football viewing party or any other gathering an unforgettable one!
Consider how good a Beef and Mushroom Chili recipe can be!
If you're looking for a surefire hit for dinner or your next party, consider how good a Beef and Mushroom Chili recipe can be! Incredibly easy to make, this meal is absolute perfection when it comes to football gatherings. You'll have your guests raving about beans, beef chunks, and flavorful mushrooms in a delicious chili pepper sauce. Plus, the longer it simmers the more rewarding it becomes! So no need to hesitate – Beef and Mushroom Chili will be a crowd-pleaser every time!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 medium celery stalks, diced
- 2 medium red bell peppers, diced
- 1 lb. Portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1½ lbs. ground beef
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 t. dried oregano
- 1 T. ground cumin
- 2 t. chili powder
- 1 t. cayenne pepper
- 2 T. tomato paste
- 1 24-oz. can of crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 c. beef (or chicken) broth, preferably organic
- Optional toppings:
- Pickled jalapeno peppers and red onion
- Fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add in the onion, carrots, celery, bell peppers, mushrooms, and jalapeno pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft and fragrant, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the ground beef and garlic and generously season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon until the beef is browned, around 5-6 minutes.
- Add the oregano, cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and tomato paste. Stir everything together and cook for another minute or two, or until the spices become fragrant.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and the broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and adjust seasonings, if necessary. Top with pickled jalapeno pepper and red onion or diced avocado and cilantro, if desired, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Beef and Mushroom Chili is a classic recipe that everyone loves. Whether you're looking for something hearty to make for a family dinner or you need to bring something delicious to your next football party, Beef, and Mushroom Chili is a sure-fire winner. But if you want to shake things up a bit, why not try adding an extra layer of flavor by adding roasted bell peppers, charred jalapenos, and even sweet potato cubes? This can really elevate the chili from ordinary to extraordinary! You can also experiment with different types of mushrooms for some extra umami goodness. It's easy to customize Beef and Mushroom Chili to your taste so let your creativity shine!
Beef and Mushroom Chili is the perfect storage meal for anyone - perfect for a quick and easy dinner, lunch, or even to bring to a party. While it shouldn’t be kept in the fridge indefinitely, if stored properly and enjoyed within 5 days of storage, you’re guaranteed great-tasting chili every time! It's also an excellent recipe to make ahead of time during football season with enough leftovers to last throughout the games. Go team!!
Beef and Mushroom Chili is a great go-to recipe for any family get-together, weeknight dinner, or even pre-game party. To make sure you nail this tasty dish the first time, remember these top tips. When sautéeing the mushrooms and onions at the start of the recipe, use just a bit of oil and let the vegetables soften for about 10 minutes. Also, if possible opt for lean ground beef that won’t add excessive grease to your chili. Finally, don’t forget to simmer your completed chili before serving - letting it simmer for at least 20-30 minutes will bring out all of its delicious flavors! With these top tips in mind, you'll be whipping up a killer Beef and Mushroom Chili recipe anytime you, please!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: