Open Face Red Bean Sweet Potato Tacos, a mouthwatering blend of savory and sweet. Soft sweet potato slices nestled on a warm tortilla, adorned with hearty red beans, and topped with your favorite fixings.
These tacos are a culinary adventure you won't want to miss. The sweetness of the potatoes pairs perfectly with the earthy richness of the red beans, creating a delightful harmony of flavors and textures. Whether you're a taco aficionado or just looking for a delicious and satisfying meal, these open-face wonders are a must-try. They're a celebration of simple ingredients coming together to create something truly special for your taste buds.
These tacos are a canvas for culinary experimentation,
To make these Open Face Red Bean Sweet Potato Tacos even more enticing, get creative with your toppings. Think tangy salsa, creamy avocado slices, zesty lime wedges, or a sprinkle of fresh cilantro for that burst of freshness. These tacos are a canvas for culinary experimentation, allowing you to tailor them to your taste. And let's not forget their versatility – perfect for a satisfying lunch, a quick dinner, or a crowd-pleasing appetizer at your next gathering. Whether you're a devoted plant-based eater or simply craving a unique and delicious twist on classic tacos, these open-face wonders are sure to leave you craving more. Give them a try and embark on a flavor-packed taco journey that will have you coming back for seconds!
Prep time: 3 hours (includes time for pickled onions onions to marinate)
Cook time: 25 minutes
- These tacos are a canvas for culinary experimentation,
- Ingredients needed to make Open Face Red Bean Sweet Potato Tacos,
- IHow to make Open Face Red Bean Sweet Potato Tacos,
- Variations on the Open Face Red Bean Sweet Potato Tacos, recipe
- Equipment used in making Open Face Red Bean Sweet Potato Tacos,
- Storage for the Open Face Red Bean Sweet Potato Tacos,
- Top tips to know of when making Open Face Red Bean Sweet Potato Tacos,
- The Ultimate Open Face Red Bean Sweet Potato Tacos!
Ingredients needed to make Open Face Red Bean Sweet Potato Tacos,
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 t. ground cumin
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ c. water
- ½ c. apple cider vinegar
- 1 t. salt
- 2 t. sugar
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 14-oz. can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado
- ½ c. sour cream
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4 large or 8 small tortillas
- ½ c. fresh parsley, chopped
IHow to make Open Face Red Bean Sweet Potato Tacos,
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper for easy clean up.
- In large bowl, toss sweet potatoes with olive oil and ground cumin. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Arrange on prepared baking sheet. Roast 20-25 minutes or until brown and slightly crisp around the edges.
- While sweet potatoes roast, heat water, vinegar, salt, and sugar in a small saucepan to a steady simmer.
- Place red onion in a glass jar. Pour vinegar mixture over the onions. Cool 10-15 minutes at room temperature and then transfer to refrigerator to chill. (The pickled onions will have best flavor if made in advance).
- Meanwhile, combine avocado, sour cream, garlic, and lime juice in a blender. Blend until completely smooth and creamy.
- Assemble tacos by spreading a dollop of avocado sauce on each tortilla, followed by roasted sweet potato chunks, black beans, pickled red onion, and fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Variations on the Open Face Red Bean Sweet Potato Tacos, recipe
here are 10 delightful variations to spice up your Open Face Red Bean Sweet Potato Tacos:
- Spicy Chipotle Kick: Add chipotle peppers in adobo sauce for a smoky, spicy twist.
- Avocado Crema: Top with a luscious avocado crema made with ripe avocados, lime juice, and sour cream.
- Mango Salsa: Incorporate a vibrant mango salsa for a sweet and tangy contrast.
- Pickled Red Onions: Add pickled red onions for a zesty and colorful crunch.
- Greek Yogurt Drizzle: Swap sour cream for Greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey for a healthier option.
- Cilantro-Lime Rice: Serve the tacos over a bed of cilantro-lime rice for extra freshness.
- Black Bean and Corn Salsa: Combine black beans and corn with diced tomatoes, red onion, and cilantro for a Tex-Mex flair.
- Crumbled Queso Fresco: Sprinkle crumbled queso fresco for a creamy and slightly salty finish.
- Grilled Pineapple: Grill pineapple slices and layer them on top for a sweet and smoky tropical touch.
- Roasted Peppers: Roast red or poblano peppers and add them for a charred, smoky flavor.
Feel free to mix and match these variations to create your own unique Open Face Red Bean Sweet Potato Tacos or explore other ingredients that you love. The possibilities are endless!
Equipment used in making Open Face Red Bean Sweet Potato Tacos,
Storage for the Open Face Red Bean Sweet Potato Tacos,
You can store Open Face Red Bean Sweet Potato Tacos in the fridge for up to 2 to 3 days. Here are some tips to ensure they stay fresh:
- Separate Components: If possible, store the components separately. Keep the sweet potato mixture, red beans, and toppings in separate airtight containers to maintain their individual textures and flavors.
- Reheat Gently: When you're ready to enjoy your leftovers, gently reheat the sweet potato mixture and red beans, either in the microwave or on the stovetop. Avoid overheating to prevent the sweet potatoes from becoming mushy.
- Freshen Toppings: Some toppings, like lettuce, avocado, or herbs, are best added fresh just before serving to maintain their crispness and flavor. Keep these separate until you're ready to assemble.
- Use an Airtight Container: Store the assembled tacos or components in airtight containers to prevent moisture and odors from affecting the taste.
Remember that the freshness and quality of the ingredients you initially used will also impact the shelf life of your leftovers. Always use your judgment and consider the state of the ingredients when deciding whether to consume or discard leftovers.
Top tips to know of when making Open Face Red Bean Sweet Potato Tacos,
Here are 10 top tips to ensure your Open Face Red Bean Sweet Potato Tacos turn out perfectly:
- Choose the Right Sweet Potatoes: Opt for sweet potatoes that are similar in size and shape for even cooking.
- Uniform Slicing: Try to slice your sweet potatoes into evenly sized rounds to ensure they cook uniformly.
- Precook Sweet Potatoes: To speed up cooking time, parboil or microwave the sweet potato slices for a few minutes before roasting or sautéing.
- Season Well: Don't skimp on seasoning. Sweet potatoes can handle bold flavors, so season with your favorite spices like paprika, cumin, or chili powder.
- Don't Overcrowd the Pan: When roasting or sautéing, make sure the sweet potato slices are spread out in a single layer to prevent overcrowding, which can lead to uneven cooking.
- Texture Balance: Aim for a balance of textures. If the sweet potatoes are soft, make sure to add some crispy elements like shredded lettuce or tortilla strips.
- Layering Order: Start with the sweet potato base, then add red beans, and finish with toppings. This helps prevent a soggy tortilla.
- Fresh Ingredients: Use fresh and high-quality ingredients for your toppings, such as ripe avocados and vibrant cilantro.
- Squeeze of Lime: A squeeze of fresh lime juice just before serving can brighten up the flavors and add a zesty kick.
- Build as You Go: Assemble the tacos just before serving to keep the tortillas from getting too soggy. Let your guests customize their tacos with their favorite toppings.
With these tips in mind, you'll be well on your way to creating delicious Open Face Red Bean Sweet Potato Tacos that are bursting with flavor and texture. Enjoy your culinary adventure!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: