This Broccoli & Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells dish is sure to satisfy everyone's cravings with its creamy alfredo sauce, tender chicken, and fresh broccoli all tucked into jumbo pasta shells. Plus, it's a fun and interactive meal that everyone can get involved in - whether it's stuffing the shells or digging in with a fork. So why not add this recipe to your dinner rotation and make mealtime a family affair?
This pasta dish offers the perfect combination of cheesy and creamy flavors, while the addition of broccoli adds a nutritious and tasty twist. The best part? These stuffed shells are easy to make, so you won't have to spend hours in the kitchen preparing dinner
This delightful pasta dish combines the creaminess of Alfredo sauce with the tenderness of chicken and the crunch of broccoli, all served up in stuffed shells. Not only is it a delicious dinner option, but it's also a fairly healthy one. The recipe calls for whole wheat shells, low-fat cream cheese, and minimal amounts of butter and parmesan cheese. So not only will your taste buds enjoy this mouthwatering meal, but your body will thank you for it as well.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- Ingredients needed to make Broccoli & Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
- How to make Broccoli & Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
- Variations on the Broccoli & Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells recipe
- Equipment used in making Broccoli & Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
- Storage for the Broccoli & Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
- Top tips for making the Broccoli & Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
- Broccoli & Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
Ingredients needed to make Broccoli & Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
- 2 c. broccoli florets, fresh or frozen
- 8 oz. jumbo shells2 T. butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 c. whole milk
- ½ c. heavy cream
- ½ c. parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 c. mozzarella cheese, freshly grated, divided
- 1-½ c. cooked, shredded chicken
- ½ t. garlic powder
- ½ c. fresh parsley, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
How to make Broccoli & Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a casserole dish with olive oil. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil over medium heat.
- Add broccoli florets and cook 2 minutes. Scoop broccoli out of the water with a spider skimmer such as this one https://amzn.to/3VG5D88- or slotted spoon into a colander. Rinse with cool water to stop cooking.
- Add pasta shells to boiling water and cook according to package directions just until al dente. Reserve ½ cup of pasta water and set aside.
- Drain cooked shells and run them under cool water to prevent overcooking.
- In the meantime, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add minced garlic, whole milk, and heavy cream. Bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Whisk until the cheese is all melted and the sauce is smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Rough-chop broccoli and add to a medium mixing bowl.
- Add shredded chicken, garlic powder, parsley, and the alfredo sauce. If the mixture seems too thick, add a bit of pasta water to thin it out (2 Tablespoons should do it).
- Toss together with a large spoon. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Fill each pasta shell with a tablespoon of the chicken alfredo mixture and arrange them in the prepared baking dish. Spread any leftover stuffing mixture on top of the shells and cover with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake pasta shells uncovered until golden-brown and bubbly, 20-25 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes, then serve and enjoy!
Variations on the Broccoli & Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells recipe
For anyone looking for a fun and delicious twist on their family dinner, the Broccoli & Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells recipe is always a favorite. With its combination of creamy pasta, tender chicken, and crisp broccoli, this savory dish is sure to please. But, what if you want to mix things up a bit? Luckily, there are plenty of variations for this recipe that are just as delicious. Some ideas include adding different vegetables like spinach or mushrooms, swapping out the chicken for shrimp or sausage, or even trying a different type of pasta shell-like manicotti or cannelloni. No matter what variation you try, your family is sure to love this flavorful and satisfying meal.
Equipment used in making Broccoli & Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
Storage for the Broccoli & Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
One of my go-to recipes for a satisfying family dinner is Broccoli & Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells. Not only is it delicious, but it's also a fun way to change up the typical pasta night routine. But what if you have leftovers? No need to fret - these stuffed shells can be stored in the fridge for up to four days. That means you can enjoy this savory dish not only for dinner tonight, but also for lunch tomorrow and maybe even a quick snack later in the week. Don't let any of this mouth-watering meal go to waste!
Top tips for making the Broccoli & Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
Looking for a delicious and easy family dinner recipe? Try making the Broccoli & Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells! This mouth-watering pasta dish is perfect for both weeknights and special occasions, and is sure to impress your loved ones. To make this recipe a success, here are some top tips to keep in mind.
First, be sure to use high-quality ingredients, such as fresh broccoli and tender chicken. Secondly, don't overcook the pasta shells, as they'll continue to cook in the oven.
Finally, divide the filling equally among the shells to ensure that each bite is bursting with flavor.
With these simple tips, you'll be able to create a delicious meal that your family will love!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: