Loaded cabbage steaks with bacon and blue cheese is a recipe that is sure to please even the pickiest diner. It combines traditional flavors of crispy bacon and rich blue cheese with the healthy crunch of cabbage steaks, making it a guilt-free option for dinner.
The recipe makes great use of both fresh and pre-cooked ingredients, saving busy cooks time in the kitchen while delivering a satisfying dish packed with flavor. Best of all, Loaded Cabbage Steaks with Bacon and Blue Cheese can be customized in endless ways and tailored to any preference or palate.
Loaded Cabbage Steaks with Bacon and Blue Cheese recipe is a healthy and delicious dinner option.
The Loaded Cabbage Steaks with Bacon and Blue Cheese recipe is a healthy and delicious dinner option. Not only is this healthy, it is also full of flavor due to the blue cheese and bacon. This healthy food option will deliver sweet and savory satisfaction while still remaining nutritious. This healthy dinner can easily be added to your regular meal repertoire and is sure to please your entire family.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40-45 minutes
- Loaded Cabbage Steaks with Bacon and Blue Cheese recipe is a healthy and delicious dinner option.
- Ingredients needed to make Loaded Cabbage Steaks
- Instructions for making Loaded Cabbage Steaks
- Variations on the Loaded Cabbage Steaks with Bacon and Blue Cheese recipe
- Equipment needed to make Loaded Cabbage Steaks with Bacon and Blue Cheese
- Storage for the Loaded Cabbage Steaks with Bacon and Blue Cheese
- Top tips on the Loaded Cabbage Steaks with Bacon and Blue Cheese recipe
- Loaded Cabbage Steaks with Bacon and Blue Cheese
Ingredients needed to make Loaded Cabbage Steaks
Cabbage Steak Ingredients:
1 large head green cabbage, cut into 6 evenly thick slices
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
1 t. garlic powder
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
6 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
2 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
3 T. fresh parsley, chopped
Blue Cheese Dressing Ingredients:½ c. full fat sour cream
2 T. sugar-free mayonnaise
1½ t. Worcestershire sauce*
½ small shallot, very finely minced
2 oz. blue cheese crumbles
2 T. heavy cream
Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
*Worcestershire sauce contains a small amount of sugar. Omit if avoiding sugar completely.
Instructions for making Loaded Cabbage Steaks
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat to 400°F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat™ baking mat. Set aside.
- Cut the stem off the cabbage head to create a flat surface on the bottom. Carefully slice the cabbage, top to bottom, into ½-inch sections.
- Transfer the sliced cabbage to the prepared baking sheet without overcrowding. Lightly brush the cabbage with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and roast for 40-45 minutes, rotating the sheet once halfway through, or until the cabbage is nicely browned and crispy on the edges.
- Once the cabbage is in the oven, prepare the dressing by combining the sour cream, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce (if using), shallot, blue cheese, and heavy cream in a medium bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and whisk vigorously until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and cool for several minutes. Drizzle each cabbage steak with some of the blue cheese dressing and top with the crumbled bacon and blue cheese. Garnish with the fresh parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Variations on the Loaded Cabbage Steaks with Bacon and Blue Cheese recipe
Creating variations of the Loaded Cabbage Steaks with Bacon and Blue Cheese recipe is an excellent way to create a delicious, healthy dinner for you and your family. You can experiment with different spices, substitute ingredients such as the bacon for smoked salmon or tempeh, and even change the type of cheese to make a completely new flavor! Just make sure that you don't change too much at once as you may end up creating something that everyone will dislike. Try experimenting with one or two variations at a time and see what works best for your own unique taste.
Equipment needed to make Loaded Cabbage Steaks with Bacon and Blue Cheese
Storage for the Loaded Cabbage Steaks with Bacon and Blue Cheese
The Loaded Cabbage Steaks with Bacon and Blue Cheese recipe - a tasty, healthy dinner option - can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days after cooking. The storage of the dish is important to ensure that the food remains safe and free from bacterial contamination. When storing the dish, it should be cooled as quickly as possible prior to storage and is best kept in an air-tight container or bag. It’s also a good idea to separate any leftovers from the remaining ingredients before storage to keep it fresh for longer. Eating a full, nutritious meal without having to make several trips to the grocery store has never been easier!
Top tips on the Loaded Cabbage Steaks with Bacon and Blue Cheese recipe
When prepping this tasty meal, here are the top tips and tricks to guarantee a flavorful experience. First and foremost, pick out top-quality bacon; the stronger the flavor, the better. Secondly, use parchment paper when baking the cabbage steaks; this will help to keep them nice and crispy while in the oven. Lastly, top it off with your favorite type of blue cheese; using an equal measure of crumbled cheese plus honey can really kick up the flavor profile of this dish. With these top tips in mind, you'll be sure to have an enjoyable dinner with your family or friends that's both nutritious and scrumptious.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: