Introducing our mouthwatering Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes & Feta recipe! This vibrant and nutritious dish features crisp green beans, juicy tomatoes, and creamy feta cheese, creating a perfect harmony of flavors. Bursting with freshness and colors, this salad is a delightful addition to any summer spread.
The tender green beans provide a satisfying crunch, while the ripe tomatoes add a burst of tangy sweetness. Topped with crumbled feta cheese, it brings a creamy and salty note that balances the overall taste. Our Green Bean Salad is not only delicious but also packed with essential vitamins and minerals. It's a great choice for those seeking a healthy and flavorful salad option. Try this recipe today and elevate your taste buds to new heights with this irresistible combination of ingredients.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 7 minutes
- Ingredients needed to make Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes & Feta
- Variations on the Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes & Feta recipe
- Equipment used in making the Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes & Feta recipe
- Storage for the Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes & Feta
- Top tips for making Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes & Feta
- Fresh and Flavorful Green Bean Salad Recipe with Tomatoes & Feta
Ingredients needed to make Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes & Feta
- 1½ lbs. fresh green beans, tips removed and cut in half
- 1-pint grape tomatoes, washed and cut in half
- 1 T. fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 T. fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. sherry vinegar
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 c. Feta cheese, crumbled
Over high heat, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add green beans and cook until crisp-tender, approximately 3-4 minutes. Drain the green beans and then transfer to a large bowl of ice water to prevent further cooking.
Remove green beans from the ice bath and pat dry before adding them to a large glass or other non-reactive bowls. Add the tomatoes, basil, parsley, olive oil, and vinegar to the bowl and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Gently fold in crumbled Feta cheese and serve immediately. Salad can also be chilled and served cold.
Variations on the Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes & Feta recipe
Here's a list of variations you can make to the Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes & Feta recipe:
- Mediterranean Twist: Add Kalamata olives, red onions, and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil to give the salad a Mediterranean flair.
- Citrus Burst: Incorporate citrus segments such as orange or grapefruit to bring a refreshing and tangy element to the salad.
- Nutty Crunch: Toss in some toasted pine nuts, almonds, or walnuts for an added crunch and nutty flavor.
- Herb Infusion: Include fresh herbs like basil, mint, or parsley to enhance the herbaceous notes and provide an extra layer of freshness.
- Balsamic Glaze: Drizzle a rich balsamic glaze over the salad for a sweet and tangy flavor profile.
- Creamy Avocado: Add diced avocado for a creamy and buttery texture that complements the other ingredients.
- Protein Boost: Incorporate grilled chicken, shrimp, or tofu to make the salad a more substantial and filling meal.
- Spicy Kick: Sprinkle red pepper flakes or add sliced jalapenos for a touch of heat and added complexity.
- Quinoa Power: Mix cooked quinoa into the salad to make it heartier and increase the protein and fiber content.
- Grilled Vegetable Medley: Grill additional vegetables like bell peppers, zucchini, or eggplant, then chop and mix them into the salad for a smoky and charred flavor.
These variations offer different flavor profiles and textures, allowing you to customize the Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes & Feta recipe to suit your preferences and experiment with exciting combinations. Enjoy the versatility of this delicious salad!
Equipment used in making the Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes & Feta recipe
Storage for the Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes & Feta
The Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes & Feta can typically be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. However, it's important to note that the texture and flavor of the salad may slightly change over time. The tomatoes and green beans may become softer, and the overall freshness may diminish. To maintain the best quality, store the salad in an airtight container to prevent moisture loss and minimize exposure to air.
It's always a good idea to visually inspect the salad before consuming leftovers. If you notice any signs of spoilage, such as off odors, mold growth, or significant changes in texture, it's best to discard it to ensure food safety.
If you're looking to maximize freshness and texture, you can consider storing the components of the salad separately and assemble them just before serving. This way, you can enjoy the best flavors and textures each time you enjoy the Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes & Feta.
Top tips for making Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes & Feta
Here's a list of top tips to keep in mind when making the Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes & Feta recipe:
- Blanch the Green Beans: To ensure a crisp-tender texture, blanch the green beans in boiling water for a few minutes, then immediately transfer them to an ice bath to stop the cooking process. This helps retain their vibrant green color and prevents them from becoming overly soft.
- Use Fresh Ingredients: Opt for ripe, juicy tomatoes and fresh green beans for the best flavor and texture. Fresh ingredients will enhance the overall taste and visual appeal of the salad.
- Season Generously: Don't be shy with the seasoning. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, as it helps bring out the flavors of the tomatoes, feta, and other ingredients. You can also consider adding a squeeze of lemon juice or a splash of vinegar to brighten the flavors.
- Crumble Feta Cheese at the Last Minute: To preserve the texture and prevent it from getting too soft, crumble the feta cheese just before serving. This ensures the cheese retains its distinct crumbly texture and adds a tangy kick to each bite.
- Let It Chill: Allow the assembled salad to chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving. This gives the flavors time to meld together and allows the salad to cool down, making it even more refreshing.
- Customize to Your Preference: Feel free to customize the recipe by adding or omitting ingredients based on your taste preferences. Experiment with additional herbs, spices, or even a drizzle of your favorite dressing to make it your own.
- Serve at the Right Temperature: Serve the Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes & Feta at a cool or slightly chilled temperature. This makes it a perfect side dish for picnics, barbecues, or any summer gathering.
- Garnish for Visual Appeal: Consider garnishing the salad with fresh herbs, such as chopped parsley or basil, to add a pop of color and elevate the presentation.
- Leftovers Make Great Meal Prep: This salad can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for a few days. It makes for a delicious and healthy meal prep option, perfect for busy weekdays or quick lunches.
- Enjoy the Versatility: Don't be afraid to experiment with different variations and ingredient combinations to make the recipe uniquely yours. The Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes & Feta is versatile, allowing you to get creative and adapt it to your taste preferences.
By following these top tips, you'll be well-equipped to create a flavorful, refreshing, and visually appealing Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes & Feta that will impress your guests and make for a delightful meal.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: