Elevate your salad game with the delicious and visually stunning Antipasto Spiral Salad. This vibrant and appetizing dish is a delightful twist on the classic antipasto platter, combining a medley of colorful vegetables, cured meats, cheese, and olives in a beautiful spiral presentation.
With each bite, you'll experience a burst of flavors and textures that will transport you to the Mediterranean. Whether served as an impressive appetizer, a refreshing side dish, or a light meal on its own, the Antipasto Spiral Salad is sure to impress your guests and satisfy your cravings for a flavorful and visually appealing dish.
It can be served as a stunning centerpiece at a dinner party
The Antipasto Spiral Salad offers a delightful combination of flavors and textures that will tantalize your taste buds. Each bite is a harmonious blend of crisp vegetables, savory cured meats, tangy cheeses, briny olives, and zesty dressing. The layers of ingredients come together beautifully, creating a symphony of tastes that will leave you craving for more. This salad is not only visually stunning but also incredibly versatile. It can be served as a stunning centerpiece at a dinner party, a crowd-pleasing potluck dish, or a satisfying lunch option. The Antipasto Spiral Salad is a true crowd-pleaser that will impress both your family and guests, making it a go-to recipe for any occasion.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- It can be served as a stunning centerpiece at a dinner party
- Ingredients needed to make Antipasto Spiral Salad
- IHow to make Antipasto Spiral Salad
- Variations on the Antipasto Spiral Salad recipe
- Storage for the Antipasto Spiral Salad
- Top tips for making Antipasto Spiral Salad
- Delight in Every Bite: Antipasto Spiral Salad
Ingredients needed to make Antipasto Spiral Salad
- Salad Ingredients:
- 16 oz. spiral pasta of choice
- 1 pt. cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 lg. red onion, chopped
- 1 12-15 oz. can of sweet corn, rinsed and drained (varies by brand)
- ½ pound feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 6 oz. jar pitted green olives, halved
- ¼ – ½ c. arugula, to taste (optional)
- ¼ c. pistachios (optional)
- Dressing Ingredients:
- ½ c. red wine vinegar
- 1 T. sugar
- 1 T. dried oregano
- 2 t. sea salt
- 1 t. black pepper
- 1 C. extra virgin olive oil
IHow to make Antipasto Spiral Salad
- Heat a large pot of generously salted water to boiling. Prepare pasta al dente according to package directions.
- Drain the pasta and rinse with cold water.
- Add pasta to a large mixing bowl. Add cherry tomatoes, onion, corn, olives and feta cheese.
- Gently stir to distribute ingredients.
- To make dressing, add all ingredients to a medium bowl, mason jar or salad cruet. Whisk or shake until thoroughly combined.
- Pour dressing over salad and enjoy! If desired garnish with a handful of arugula and sunflower seeds.
Variations on the Antipasto Spiral Salad recipe
The Antipasto Spiral Salad offers endless possibilities for customization and creativity. Here are 10 variations to explore and make it your own:
- Vegetarian Twist: Omit the cured meats and add extra vegetables like roasted peppers, marinated artichoke hearts, and grilled zucchini.
- Seafood Delight: Incorporate seafood elements such as cooked shrimp, sliced calamari, or chunks of fresh crabmeat for a refreshing and ocean-inspired twist.
- Mediterranean Feta: Crumble some tangy feta cheese over the salad for an extra burst of saltiness and creaminess.
- Italian-Inspired: Add a handful of chopped fresh basil, oregano, and sun-dried tomatoes to infuse the salad with classic Italian flavors.
- Tangy Pickles: Include pickled vegetables like capers, gherkins, or pepperoncini for a zesty kick and added complexity.
- Grilled Goodness: Grill some vegetables like eggplant, asparagus, or cherry tomatoes before adding them to the salad for a smoky flavor.
- Spicy Heat: Sprinkle some crushed red pepper
flakes or drizzle with a spicy vinaigrette to give the salad a fiery kick.
- Nutty Crunch: Toss in some toasted pine nuts or chopped walnuts for a delightful crunch and nutty undertone.
- Citrus Twist: Squeeze some fresh lemon or orange juice over the salad for a citrusy tang that balances the richness of the ingredients.
- Wraps and Rolls: Instead of arranging the ingredients in a spiral, roll them up in flatbread or lettuce wraps for a portable and convenient option.
Storage for the Antipasto Spiral Salad
Antipasto Spiral Salad can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. Place the salad in an airtight container or cover it tightly with plastic wrap to keep it fresh. Before serving, give it a gentle toss to redistribute the flavors and ensure the ingredients are well combined.
Top tips for making Antipasto Spiral Salad
Here are 10 top tips to keep in mind when making the Antipasto Spiral Salad:
- Choose high-quality ingredients: Opt for fresh and flavorful vegetables, premium cured meats, and high-quality cheeses and olives to enhance the taste of the salad.
- Thinly slice the ingredients: Thinly slicing the vegetables and cured meats will make it easier to roll and eat the salad.
- Arrange the ingredients tightly: Ensure that the ingredients are tightly packed when layering them to create a visually appealing spiral effect.
- Use a sharp knife: A sharp knife will help you achieve clean and precise cuts, especially when slicing the ingredients thinly.
- Prepare the dressing separately: Mix the dressing ingredients in a separate bowl before drizzling it over the salad. This ensures that the flavors are evenly distributed.
- Dress the salad just before serving: Add the dressing just before serving to prevent the salad from becoming soggy.
- Chill the salad before serving: Allow the assembled salad to chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving to enhance the flavors.
- Garnish with fresh herbs: Sprinkle some fresh herbs, such as basil or parsley, on top of the salad for added freshness and aroma.
- Let the salad sit before slicing: After rolling the salad, let it rest for a few minutes before slicing. This will help the layers hold together better.
- Serve with crusty bread: Accompany the Antipasto Spiral Salad with some crusty bread or breadsticks to complete the Mediterranean experience and provide a satisfying crunch.
By following these top tips, you'll be able to create a stunning and delicious Antipasto Spiral Salad that will impress your guests.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: