Indulge in a culinary delight with our Mahi-Mahi with Roasted Mango Chipotle Sauce. Picture this: tender and succulent Mahi-Mahi fillets grilled to perfection, topped with a tantalizing sauce that balances the sweetness of roasted mangoes with a hint of smoky chipotle spice.
The result? An explosion of flavors that will leave your taste buds dancing with joy. This recipe brings together the best of both worlds—fresh seafood and bold, tropical ingredients—for a mouthwatering dish that's sure to impress your family and friends.
This a go-to recipe for any occasion
Get ready to elevate your seafood game with our Mahi-Mahi with Roasted Mango Chipotle Sauce. The simplicity of searing the fish to golden perfection and combining it with the rich, velvety sauce will make this a go-to recipe for any occasion. The roasted mango lends a natural sweetness that complements the smoky chipotle kick, while the tangy notes of lime juice add a refreshing twist. Whether you're planning a special dinner or just want to treat yourself to something delicious, this dish is sure to delight your palate and transport you to a tropical paradise with every single bite.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- This a go-to recipe for any occasion
- Ingredients needed to make Mahi-Mahi with Roasted Mango Chipotle Sauce
- How to make Mahi-Mahi with Roasted Mango Chipotle Sauce
- Variations on the Mahi-Mahi with Roasted Mango Chipotle Sauce recipe
- Storage for the Mahi-Mahi with Roasted Mango Chipotle Sauce
- Top tips for making Mahi-Mahi with Roasted Mango Chipotle Sauce
- Get Hooked on Flavor: Mahi-Mahi with Roasted Mango Chipotle Sauce
Ingredients needed to make Mahi-Mahi with Roasted Mango Chipotle Sauce
- 4 6-oz. mahi-mahi fillets
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 large mangos, peel removed and diced
- ½ large red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 T. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- ⅛ t. chipotle pepper
- Fresh thyme sprigs, for garnish
How to make Mahi-Mahi with Roasted Mango Chipotle Sauce
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil or a Silpat™ baking sheet. Set aside.
- Add the mahi-mahi to the sheet pan and drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil on top. Use a pastry brush to spread the oil evenly over the surface of the fillets. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Arrange the diced mango on the same baking sheet in a single layer without overcrowding.
- Add the red onion wedges and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Spread the oil with a pastry brush until the onion is completely coated. Top the fillets and the onion with most of the fresh thyme leaves and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until the mahi-mahi is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. Remove from oven and transfer to a plate. Set aside and keep warm.
- Transfer the roasted mango to a blender or food processor and place the onions back in the oven to roast for several more minutes while you prepare the mango sauce.
- Add the fresh lemon juice, chipotle powder, and a few fresh thyme leaves to the blender or food processor with the roasted mango. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and pulse until smooth.
- Remove the onions from the oven and divide between four serving plates. Top the onions with a baked mahi-mahi fillet and some roasted mango chipotle sauce. Garnish with sprigs of fresh thyme, if desired, and serve immediately with your choice of sides. Enjoy!
The mahi-mahi fillets release liquid as they bake. This is normal and does not harm the final results. However, to minimize the amount of liquid mingling with the mango while it roasts, simply arrange the mahi-mahi and the fruit on opposite sides of the sheet pan with the red onion positioned in between to create a barrier.
Variations on the Mahi-Mahi with Roasted Mango Chipotle Sauce recipe
Here are ten delicious variations you can apply to the 'Mahi-Mahi with Roasted Mango Chipotle Sauce' recipe:
- Tropical Salsa Topping: Top the grilled Mahi-Mahi with a fresh tropical fruit salsa made with diced mango, pineapple, red onion, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Citrus Zest Infusion: Add a burst of citrus flavor by marinating the Mahi-Mahi in a mixture of orange and lime zest before grilling.
- Honey Glazed Mahi-Mahi: Brush the Mahi-Mahi fillets with a honey glaze while grilling for a sweet and sticky coating.
- Cilantro Lime Rice: Serve the Mahi-Mahi over a bed of cilantro lime rice for a flavorful and aromatic pairing.
- Pineapple Chipotle Sauce: Swap the roasted mango with pineapple in the chipotle sauce for a tangy and tropical twist.
- Cajun Seasoning: Rub the Mahi-Mahi with Cajun seasoning before grilling for a spicy kick.
- Coconut-Crusted Mahi-Mahi: Coat the Mahi-Mahi fillets with shredded coconut before grilling for a crispy and tropical crust.
- Avocado Crema: Top the grilled Mahi-Mahi with a creamy avocado crema made with ripe avocados, lime juice, and Greek yogurt.
- Jerk Seasoning: Apply jerk seasoning to the Mahi-Mahi fillets before grilling for a flavorful and spicy Caribbean-inspired twist.
- Mango Habanero Sauce: For a fiery kick, blend roasted mango with habanero peppers to create a spicy and sweet sauce.
Feel free to mix and match these variations or create your own unique combinations to tailor the dish to your taste preferences. Each variation will bring a new dimension of flavor to the 'Mahi-Mahi with Roasted Mango Chipotle Sauce' recipe. Enjoy your culinary adventures!
Storage for the Mahi-Mahi with Roasted Mango Chipotle Sauce
The 'Mahi-Mahi with Roasted Mango Chipotle Sauce' can be stored in the fridge for about 3 to 4 days. To keep it fresh and safe to eat, store the cooked Mahi-Mahi separately from the sauce. Allow both the fish and sauce to cool to room temperature before placing them in airtight containers and refrigerating. If you have any leftovers, make sure to reheat the Mahi-Mahi thoroughly before enjoying it again.
Top tips for making Mahi-Mahi with Roasted Mango Chipotle Sauce
Here are ten top tips to keep in mind before making the 'Mahi-Mahi with Roasted Mango Chipotle Sauce' recipe:
- Quality Mahi-Mahi: Choose fresh, firm, and odorless Mahi-Mahi fillets for the best taste and texture. Look for sustainably sourced fish for an eco-friendly choice.
- Mango Selection: Opt for ripe mangoes with a sweet fragrance for the roasted mango chipotle sauce. This ensures a naturally sweet and flavorful sauce.
- Grilling Temperature: Preheat your grill to medium-high heat to achieve those beautiful grill marks while cooking the Mahi-Mahi.
- Oil the Grill: Brush the grill grates with oil to prevent the fish from sticking and make flipping the fillets easier.
- Even Thickness: Ensure the Mahi-Mahi fillets are of uniform thickness to ensure even cooking. If needed, gently pound thicker parts to level them.
- Roasting the Mangoes: Roast the mango slices until they are tender and slightly caramelized, enhancing the sauce's natural sweetness.
- Adjust Chipotle Spice: Tailor the Chipotle spice level to your preference. Start with a small amount and add more for extra heat.
- Resting Time: Let the grilled Mahi-Mahi rest for a couple of minutes before serving. This allows the juices to redistribute and keeps the fish moist.
- Sauce Consistency: Adjust the sauce's thickness by adding more or less water or lime juice while blending until you achieve your desired consistency.
- Serving Suggestions: Serve the Mahi-Mahi with Roasted Mango Chipotle Sauce over a bed of coconut rice or alongside a refreshing tropical salad for a complete meal bursting with flavors.
With these top tips, you'll be well-prepared to create a fantastic 'Mahi-Mahi with Roasted Mango Chipotle Sauce' dish that's sure to impress
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: