One Skillet Bacon Cheeseburger Soup is one of the most delicious and hearty one-skillet meals you will ever eat. Perfect for a weeknight dinner, this soup incorporates classic flavors like bacon and cheese into one dish that has all your necessary food groups.
And even though this soup is bursting with flavor, it is still low in calories. All you need to do is combine your favorite ingredients in one skillet and voilà - a comforting soup that comes together effortlessly and can be enjoyed by the whole family!
Apart from being one of the easiest dishes to make, this one skillet recipe is also a low-carb dinner option
If you’re in the mood for something hearty and delicious that won’t break your belt or require hours in the kitchen, one skillet bacon cheeseburger soup is just the thing. Apart from being one of the easiest dishes to make, this one skillet recipe is also a low-carb dinner option that will please everyone at the dinner table. The secret of the success lies in combining all those beloved burger flavors – ground beef, tomatoes, onions, garlic – into one delicious soup. Topped with crispy bacon bits and melted cheese, one skillet bacon cheeseburger soup creates an irresistible combination sure to warm you from the inside out.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- Apart from being one of the easiest dishes to make, this one skillet recipe is also a low-carb dinner option
- Ingredients needed to make the One Skillet Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- Instructions for making the One Skillet Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- Variations on the One Skillet Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- Top tip
- One Skillet Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
Ingredients needed to make the One Skillet Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 lbs. 80% lean ground beef
- ½ t. onion powder
- ½ t. garlic powder
- 2 t. Italian seasoning
- ½ t. smoked paprika
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- ½ large head cauliflower, chopped small
- 3 c. beef broth, preferably organic, divided
- ⅓ c. heavy cream, tempered
- 3 c. sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 2 T. fresh parsley, chopped
- Side Salad:
- 6 c. baby arugula
- 12 grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 oz. Pecorino-Romano cheese, shaved
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- Sea salt and black pepper, taste
Instructions for making the One Skillet Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- Heat a large high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crispy, approximately 6-7 minutes. Transfer cooked bacon to a plate lined with paper towels and blot off excess grease. Drain and discard bacon grease from the skillet before returning to the cooktop.
- Add ground beef to the same skillet and sprinkle the onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and smoked paprika on top. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat is browned, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped cauliflower and beef broth to the skillet and stir to combine. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until heated through and the cauliflower is fork tender, but not mushy, approximately 7-8 minutes.
- While the soup is simmering, prepare the side salad by adding the baby arugula, grape tomatoes, and the Pecorino-Romano cheese to a large bowl. Add the olive oil and fresh lime juice. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine. Set aside.
- When the cauliflower is fork-tender, remove the skillet from the heat. To prevent curdling, temper the heavy cream by adding one or two tablespoons of hot liquid from the skillet to it. Stir the tempered cream and sharp cheddar cheese into the skillet until the cheese is thoroughly melted. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
- To serve, ladle the soup into individual serving bowls. Crumble the cooked bacon and sprinkle on top of each bowl along with the fresh chopped par
Variations on the One Skillet Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
When it comes to variations on the beloved one skillet bacon cheeseburger soup recipe, the options are endless. Not only is it a quick and easy dinner option, but it can also be adapted to fit a low-carb diet. For an even healthier option, swap out some of the beef for ground turkey or chicken and add in extra vegetables such as green beans or corn for extra crunch or texture. You could also experiment with different types of cheese or seasonings to make the flavor stand out. Whether you stick to the classic version of this recipe or add your own twist, you're sure to have a delicious meal everyone will enjoy.
Not only is the One Skillet Bacon Cheeseburger Soup a quick and easy dinner option, but it can also be stored for an extended period of time. This low-carb recipe is the perfect way to enjoy a hearty meal without deviating from your dietary needs. This storage solution ensures you can make a large batch and store away portions so that you have a hassle-free way to enjoy this soup for days on end. When properly stored in an airtight container in the fridge, this bacon cheeseburger soup can stay fresh for up to five days!
If you're looking for a delicious, low-carb dinner to prepare tonight, look no further than the One Skillet Bacon Cheeseburger Soup recipe. Here are the top tips to ensure your soup turns out perfect every time!
First, be sure to use lean ground beef or turkey in the recipe to keep it low-carb.
Second, choose a stock that matches your desired consistency for the soup – chicken stock for a thinner soup or beef stock for a thicker soup.
Finally, top off your creation with bacon and cheese for an extra flavor punch and added texture.
With these top tips in mind, you’re ready to prepare a scrumptious One Skillet Bacon Cheeseburger Soup. Bon appetit!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: