Get ready to satisfy your sweet cravings guilt-free with these Healthy Pumpkin Paleo Brownies. Packed with wholesome ingredients like pumpkin puree, almond butter, and a touch of maple syrup, they're a delightful blend of fall flavors and nutty goodness.
The addition of chopped pecans adds a delightful crunch to each bite, making these brownies a textural delight. Plus, they're gluten-free and paleo-friendly, so you can enjoy a cozy, comforting treat without compromising your dietary choices. Perfect for autumn or whenever that brownie craving hits, these little squares of heaven are a must-try for both paleo enthusiasts and dessert lovers alike.
What makes these Healthy Pumpkin Paleo Brownies truly special is their simplicity.
What makes these Healthy Pumpkin Paleo Brownies truly special is their simplicity. With just a handful of easy-to-find ingredients and a straightforward baking process, you can whip up a batch in no time. Whether you're planning a cozy evening by the fireplace, a fall picnic, or a special treat for your family, these brownies fit the bill. Plus, they're versatile—pair them with a warm cup of herbal tea, a dollop of dairy-free coconut whipped cream, or a scoop of your favorite dairy-free ice cream for an extra treat. Embrace the flavors of the season and savor the delightful combination of pumpkin and pecans in every delicious square.
Preparing and measuring ingredients: 10 minutes
Mixing and combining ingredients: 5-10 minutes
Chopping pecans (if not pre-chopped): 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
- What makes these Healthy Pumpkin Paleo Brownies truly special is their simplicity.
- Ingredients needed to make Healthy Pumpkin Paleo Brownies
- How to make Healthy Pumpkin Paleo Brownies
- Variations on the Healthy Pumpkin Paleo Brownies recipe
- Equipment used when making the Healthy Pumpkin Paleo Brownies
- Storage for the Healthy Pumpkin Paleo Brownies
- Top tips to know when making the Healthy Pumpkin Paleo Brownies
- How to make Paleo Pumpkin Pecan Brownies
Ingredients needed to make Healthy Pumpkin Paleo Brownies
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey (adjust to taste)
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- For the Topping:
½ cup chopped pecans (or more, to taste)
you may want to add a little more sweetener if you prefer your brownies on the sweeter side.
How to make Healthy Pumpkin Paleo Brownies
1.Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
Grease an 8x8-inch (20x20 cm) baking pan or line it with parchment paper for easy removal.
2. Combine Wet Ingredients:
In a large mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, almond butter, maple syrup (or honey), eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
3. Add Dry Ingredients:
In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, cocoa powder, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, baking soda, and a pinch of salt.
4. Combine Wet and Dry Mixtures:
Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, stirring until the batter is smooth and well combined.
5. Transfer to Baking Pan:
Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan, spreading it evenly with a spatula.
6. Add Pecan Topping:
Sprinkle the chopped pecans evenly over the top of the brownie batter, pressing them down slightly.
Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs (not wet batter).
8. Cool and Cut:
Allow the brownies to cool in the pan for about 15-20 minutes.
Then, use the parchment paper (if used) to lift the brownies out of the pan and onto a cutting board. If not, you can cut them directly in the pan.
Cut the brownies into approximately 12 squares.
Once completely cooled, serve your Healthy Pumpkin Paleo Brownies with Pecans.
Enjoy your delicious and nutritious paleo brownies with a hint of pumpkin flavor and the delightful crunch of pecans!
Variations on the Healthy Pumpkin Paleo Brownies recipe
here are 10 delightful variations to explore for your Healthy Pumpkin Paleo Brownies with pecans recipe:
- Chocolate Chip Bliss: Add dairy-free chocolate chips to the batter for a gooey, chocolatey twist on your brownies.
- Nut-Free Option: If you have nut allergies, swap almond butter for sunflower seed butter or tahini.
- Coconut Crunch: Mix shredded coconut into the batter for a tropical flair and extra texture.
- Spice It Up: Increase the warmth with a pinch of ground cloves or ginger for a spicier, autumn-inspired flavor.
- Maple Glaze: Drizzle your brownies with a simple maple syrup glaze for a sweet finishing touch.
- Protein Boost: Incorporate your favorite paleo-friendly protein powder for added nutrition.
- Berry Burst: Gently fold in fresh or dried cranberries or blueberries for a fruity surprise.
- Chai Infusion: Infuse the batter with chai spices like cardamom, cinnamon, and cloves for a chai-inspired treat.
- Nut Butter Swirl: Create a marble effect by swirling almond or cashew butter into the batter before baking.
- Pumpkin Seed Topping: Sprinkle toasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas) on top for an extra layer of nutty goodness.
Feel free to mix and match these variations or create your own unique twist. These brownies are versatile and forgiving, so have fun experimenting and indulging in different flavors and textures.
Equipment used when making the Healthy Pumpkin Paleo Brownies
Storage for the Healthy Pumpkin Paleo Brownies
You can store Healthy Pumpkin Paleo Brownies with pecans in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. To maintain their freshness and quality, follow these storage tips:
- Cool Completely: Allow the brownies to cool completely at room temperature before refrigerating them.
- Wrap or Container: Wrap the brownies tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil or place them in an airtight container to prevent them from drying out or absorbing odors from the fridge.
- Layer Separation: If you stack the brownies, place parchment paper or wax paper between the layers to prevent them from sticking together.
- Label and Date: Consider labeling the container or wrapping with the date of storage to keep track of freshness.
When you're ready to enjoy them, you can either eat them cold or warm them briefly in the microwave for a few seconds to restore their fudgy texture. If you prefer a warm, gooey brownie, a short stint in the microwave can do wonders.
Top tips to know when making the Healthy Pumpkin Paleo Brownies
Here are 10 top tips to keep in mind when making Healthy Pumpkin Paleo Brownies with pecans:
- Quality Ingredients: Use high-quality, fresh ingredients for the best flavor and texture.
- Proper Measurement: Be precise when measuring ingredients, especially coconut flour, as it can be dense.
- Natural Sweeteners: Adjust the sweetener (maple syrup or honey) to your taste. Taste the batter and add more if needed.
- Nut Butter Consistency: Ensure your almond butter is well mixed and not separated. Stir it thoroughly before using.
- Room Temperature Eggs: Use eggs at room temperature for better incorporation into the batter.
- Spice Balance: Play with the amount of cinnamon and nutmeg to suit your spice preference. Taste as you go.
- Don't Overmix: Mix the batter until just combined. Overmixing can lead to denser brownies.
- Pecan Toasting: Toast the pecans in a dry skillet for a few minutes to enhance their flavor before adding them to the batter.
- Grease the Pan: Grease your baking pan or use parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- Cooling Time: Allow the brownies to cool completely before cutting for cleaner, neater slices.
Remember that baking can be a bit of trial and error. Feel free to adjust these tips based on your own experience and preferences. Enjoy your delicious, healthy brownies!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: