Pizza-Stuffed Poblano Peppers are the perfect recipe for a hearty yet healthy brunch or dinner. These peppers are ideal for anyone looking to spice up their meals with a flavorful twist. Filled with pizza sauce, cheese, and your favorite Italian fixings,
Pizza-Stuffed Poblano Peppers are baked to perfection in less than half an hour! And they’re sure to be pleasing to the entire family with their great taste and texture. Start exploring this delicious dish today – Pizza-Stuffed Poblano Peppers might just become your new go-to meal!
Nothing says flavorful like Pizza-Stuffed Poblano Peppers!
Nothing says flavorful like Pizza-Stuffed Poblano Peppers! If you're looking for an easy, flavorful recipe to make for brunch or dinner, this is it. Combining the goodness of flavorful poblano peppers with flavorful pizza ingredients makes creating flavorful meal a breeze. These peppers are so flavorful that they become the star of the show - your guests will definitely be impressed! From preparation to presentation, Pizza-Stuffed Poblano Peppers have flavor written all over them and will add deliciousness to any meal.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30-35 minutes
Ingredients needed to make Pizza-Stuffed Poblano Peppers
½ c. sugar-free tomato sauce, divided
3 T. unsalted butter
1½ c. portobello mushrooms, chopped
½ t. garlic powder
1 t. dried oregano, divided
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
4 oz. pepperoni, outer casing removed and chopped
1½ c. Mozzarella cheese, divided
3 medium Poblano peppers, cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed
¼ c. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Instructions for making Pizza-Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- Place top oven rack in the center position and preheat oven to 350°F. Pour half the tomato sauce into a medium baking dish and spread it into a thin layer. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and sprinkle with garlic powder and oregano. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally until the mushrooms develop some color and release their liquids, approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the remaining tomato sauce, pepperoni, and one cup of Mozzarella cheese. Carefully spoon the pepperoni-mushroom mixture into the Poblano pepper halves and arrange them in the baking dish once filled.
- Divide the remaining Mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese on top of the stuffed peppers and sprinkle the remaining oregano on top.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the peppers are fork tender and the cheese topping is nicely browned. Remove from oven and cool for several minutes before serving. Enjoy!
When it comes to variations with Pizza-Stuffed Poblano Peppers, you can change up the recipe however you like! If you’re making them for brunch, try adding some scrambled eggs or sausage before baking. If you’re looking to keep it a bit healthier, opt for fresh tomato slices and basil leaves in place of traditional pizza sauce and pepperoni. You could also switch up the cheese if you want something more unique than mozzarella--try goats milk feta or sharp cheddar instead. Whether you make these peppers as an appetizer for dinner or as part of your Sunday brunch spread, the variations are plentiful and delicious!
If you're looking for a delicious meal for either dinner or brunch, Pizza-Stuffed Poblano Peppers make a fabulous option. But how long can you store them in the fridge after making them? Well, if stored properly, this tasty recipe will keep in the fridge for up to three days. To get maximum storage life out of your dish, make sure to seal it tightly before keeping it in the refrigerator.
If you're looking for an insanely delicious recipe to add to your weekly dinner or brunch rotation, look no further than top-notch Pizza-Stuffed Poblano Peppers. In no time at all, you can whip up a meal that's sure to impress and welcomes a bit of adventure in the kitchen. Using top tips from grilled pepper experts, these peppers can be filled with anything from cream cheese and Italian herbs to diced onion and Italian sausage for the ultimate pizza experience. Even if you don't consider yourself a gourmet cook, this simple-yet-savory recipe is sure to be a favorite dish in your home.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: