Get ready for a mouthwatering adventure with Instant Pot Asian Beef & Rice! 🍚🥢 This dish is an explosion of flavors that'll take your taste buds on a joyride. Tender beef chunks infused with aromatic Asian spices served over fluffy rice and topped with a delectable sauce that'll leave you wanting more.
The best part? It's all done in a fraction of the time thanks to the magical Instant Pot! So, whether you're a busy bee or just craving a delightful Asian-inspired feast, this recipe is a must-try for everyone who loves a tasty and hassle-free meal. 🍛😋
This Instant Pot gem will never disappoint.
Picture yourself in your kitchen, the aroma of the Instant Pot Asian Beef & Rice filling the air as you eagerly await the deliciousness. The beef becomes perfectly tender in the Instant Pot, soaking up all the rich flavors, and the rice absorbs the savory sauce, creating a heavenly combination. With every bite, you'll experience a burst of umami goodness that satisfies your cravings like never before. Plus, the versatility of this dish allows you to customize it with your favorite vegetables or add a touch of spice for an extra kick. Whether you're hosting a dinner party or simply indulging in a cozy weeknight dinner, this Instant Pot gem will never disappoint. So, grab your chopsticks, and get ready to savor this delightful Asian-inspired masterpiece that'll become an instant favorite in your household. 🍽️🌟
Tip: For best results, marinate the beef the night before for the meat to develop more flavor.
Prep time: 10 minutes + time to marinade
Cook time: 32 minutes + time to come to pressure
Ingredients needed to make Instant Pot Asian Beef & Rice
- 3 T. gluten-free soy sauce or coconut amino
- ¼ c. sesame oil, divided
- 2 T. honey
- 2 T. lime juice
- ½ t. garlic powder
- ½ t. onion powder
- 2 t. fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 t. crushed red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1½ lbs. stew beef, cubed
- 1¼ c. water or beef broth
- 1 c. long-grain brown rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 T. sesame seeds
- 3 T. fresh parsley, finely chopped
How to make the Instant Pot Asian Beef & Rice
- Combine soy sauce, 2 tablespoons sesame oil, honey, lime juice, garlic powder, onion powder, fresh ginger, and red pepper flakes in a glass or other non-reactive bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place the beef cubes into a sealable plastic bag and pour the marinade on top. Seal and gently turn the bag to thoroughly coat the beef. Marinate at room temperature for at least 30 minutes, or place in the refrigerator overnight. Turn bag occasionally for even distribution of the marinade.
- To prepare, add remaining 2 tablespoons sesame oil to Instant Pot and press the “Sauté” button. Adjust the heat setting to high. Once hot, transfer the beef cubes to the Instant Pot and discard the remaining marinade. Brown the beef on all sides, approximately 3-4 minutes. Add the beef broth and scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the container.
- Turn Instant Pot off and add brown rice. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Add lid and securely lock. Flip the pressure value to the “Sealing” position and press the “Manual” button. Adjust setting to high and set cook time for 22 minutes. After a brief pause, the Instant Pot will automatically start building pressure.
- When cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove lid and fluff the rice with a fork. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired. Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and chopped parsley, if desired. Serve immediately with your favorite sides. Enjoy!
Get creative with these 10 mouthwatering variations for your Instant Pot Asian Beef & Rice:
- Spicy Thai Twist: Add a tablespoon of red curry paste and a splash of coconut milk for a creamy and fiery Thai-inspired flavor.
- Garlic Lover's Delight: Toss in extra minced garlic and a sprinkle of garlic powder for an aromatic punch.
- Sweet & Tangy Pineapple: Incorporate pineapple chunks and a drizzle of teriyaki sauce for a tropical twist.
- Sesame Sensation: Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and a dash of sesame oil for an irresistible nutty taste.
- Veggie Extravaganza: Mix in your favorite stir-fry veggies like bell peppers, broccoli, and snap peas for added color and crunch.
- Orange Zest Infusion: Squeeze in fresh orange juice and a hint of orange zest to brighten up the flavors.
- Ginger & Green Onion Fusion: Embrace the boldness of fresh ginger and chopped green onions for an authentic Asian kick.
- Hoisin Honey Glaze: Whisk together hoisin sauce and honey to create a sticky glaze that'll take your dish to new heights.
- Soy-Lime Burst: Replace part of the soy sauce with lime juice for a tangy and citrusy explosion.
- Five-Spice Euphoria: Sprinkle in Chinese five-spice powder for an aromatic blend of sweet and savory notes.
Go ahead, mix and match these variations, and let your taste buds embark on an unforgettable flavor journey! 🍛😋
For food safety, you can store Instant Pot Asian Beef & Rice in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Make sure to cool and store it in an airtight container.
Here are 10 top tips to ace your Instant Pot Asian Beef & Rice game:
- Pick the Right Cut: Opt for tender cuts of beef like chuck roast or sirloin for succulent results.
- Sear for Flavor: Give the beef a quick sear before pressure cooking to lock in those tasty juices.
- Don't Skip Marinade: Let the beef marinate in the Asian spices for an hour or overnight to level up the flavor.
- Balance the Liquid: Use a balanced ratio of broth and soy sauce to ensure the perfect consistency and taste.
- Layer Wisely: Layer the rice on top of the beef and liquid to prevent sticking and uneven cooking.
- Natural Release: Allow a natural pressure release for 10 minutes before quick-releasing the rest to avoid toughening the meat.
- Fluff It Up: Gently fluff the cooked rice with a fork for light and fluffy grains.
- Taste Test: Adjust seasoning before serving—add more soy sauce or spices if needed for a personalized touch.
- Get Saucy: Turn the Instant Pot to sauté mode after cooking to thicken the sauce for a luscious finish.
- Garnish & Enjoy: Top it off with fresh cilantro, green onions, or sesame seeds for that picture-perfect, restaurant-worthy presentation!
Now, go on and conquer that Instant Pot like a pro! Your Asian Beef & Rice will be the talk of the town! 🍚🥢😄
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: