Seared Sesame Tuna with Mixed Greens is the perfect healthy dish that won't sacrifice flavor. The tuna gets a flavorful and healthy boost from toasted sesame oil and pan-searing it lightly gives it a handsome texture.
The savory tuna is paired with a bright and flavorful mix of greens, making this tasty salad worthy of any dinner table. With its healthy ingredients and robust flavors, this is one healthy salad recipe that you'll want to make again and again!
The Seared Sesame Tuna with Mixed Greens recipe is definitely one of the healthiest salad recipes out there.
The Seared Sesame Tuna with Mixed Greens recipe is definitely one of the healthiest salad recipes out there. It's packed full of hearty ingredients such as tuna and kale, providing plenty of protein and vitamins, both of which are essential for good health. Additionally, sesame oil, shallots, and ginger offer a delicious flavor while also offering powerful antioxidants and anti-inflammatory benefits. There's no need to worry about calories either as it can easily be kept under 400 when served with a light dressing. All in all, this tasty recipe is sure to offer up plenty of health benefits.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 3-4 minutes
- The Seared Sesame Tuna with Mixed Greens recipe is definitely one of the healthiest salad recipes out there.
- Ingredients needed to make Seared Sesame Tuna with Mixed Greens
- Instructions for making Seared Sesame Tuna with Mixed Greens
- Top tip
- Seared Sesame Tuna with Mixed Greens
Ingredients needed to make Seared Sesame Tuna with Mixed Greens
Asian Dressing Ingredients:
2 T. sesame oil
3 T. grapeseed oil
2 T. soy sauce
3 T. rice wine vinegar
1 T. fresh lime juice
1½ T. Dijon mustard
1 medium shallot, finely minced
1 T. fresh ginger, very finely minced
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Seared Tuna Ingredients:
2 T. black sesame seeds
2 T. white sesame seeds
1 T. ground ginger
2 8-oz. 2” thick ahi tuna steaks, cut into 2” cubes
3 T. olive oil
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
4 c. mixed salad greens
Wasabi paste (optional)
Instructions for making Seared Sesame Tuna with Mixed Greens
- To make the dressing, add all ingredients to a medium bowl and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Whisk until thoroughly combined and set aside.
- Add sesame seeds and ground ginger to a large bowl and stir to combine. Add chunks of tuna to bowl and toss to coat. Press to make sure the seeds adhere to the tuna.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over high heat. When hot, add coated tuna to the pan and flash sear on all sides, approximately 30 seconds per side. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Toss salad greens with a small amount of the dressing in a large bowl. Transfer the mixed greens to a serving platter and top with the sesame-seared tuna. Serve immediately with the remaining dressing, plus the soy sauce and/or wasabi paste, on the side, if desired. Enjoy!
If you're looking to spice up your healthy salad recipe routine, why not try adding variations to the Seared Sesame Tuna with Mixed Greens? If you don't have time to cook a full meal, this Asian-inspired dish is a great base that can be transformed with just a few simple variations. For example, swap out the mixed greens and add a spicy mix of kale and baby spinach leaves. You can also substitute the tuna for salmon and throw in some sesame-ginger dressing for an extra savory kick. There's no wrong way to change up the dish - get creative and make it your own!
With its combination of seasonal greens, accompanied by sesame tuna seared to perfection, this healthy salad recipe is something you don't want to miss out on. But how long can it last in storage? The answer is three days. Served chilled or at room temperature after marinating overnight, this storage-friendly dish guarantees a delicious meal. Fresh ingredients and careful storage produce a standout flavor that can remain vibrant even after placing in the fridge. So why wait? Give yourself some flavorful fuel today: get into the kitchen and try this Seared Sesame Tuna with Mixed Greens.
If you're looking for a healthy salad recipe with a big flavor, look no further than Seared Sesame Tuna with Mixed Greens. To get the best results when making this delicious dish, make sure to keep a few top tips in mind. When buying tuna, always go for a top-quality sushi-grade variety if available in your area.
You should also use freshly squeezed lemon juice, as it will add an extra zing to the flavor profile. Also, remember to quickly sear the tuna on each side just until it's golden brown - not overcooking will make all the difference! Finally, top it off with a healthy sprinkling of sesame seeds and serve over some hearty greens - and voila! Enjoy your delicious and nutritious meal!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: