These Herbed Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms are the bomb! I mean, who can resist that perfect bite-sized package of earthy mushrooms stuffed to the brim with creamy, herb-infused goodness? It's like a little piece of appetizer heaven. Whether you're looking to impress your guests at a dinner party or just craving a cozy night in with a savory snack, these mushrooms have got you covered.
They're the kind of finger food that mysteriously disappears from the tray before you even notice, and you won't mind one bit because you'll probably be the one responsible. So go ahead, pop one of these irresistible morsels in your mouth, and savor the burst of flavors. Your taste buds will thank you!
Now, let's talk about what makes these stuffed mushrooms so darn addictive
Now, let's talk about what makes these stuffed mushrooms so darn addictive. It's that luscious cream cheese, whipped to perfection and infused with a medley of aromatic herbs and spices. It's like a flavor party in your mouth! The creaminess of the cheese plays a delightful balancing act with the earthiness of the mushrooms, creating a harmonious taste that's downright addictive. Each bite is a textural adventure, with the tender mushroom cap giving way to the creamy interior. And let's not forget the herbs – they add a burst of freshness and a pop of color that elevates these little gems to gourmet status. Whether you serve them as an appetizer, a side dish, or a midnight snack, herbed cream cheese stuffed mushrooms are the ultimate crowd-pleaser that will keep you coming back for more. So, get ready to indulge because resistance is futile when it comes to these delectable bites!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- Now, let's talk about what makes these stuffed mushrooms so darn addictive
- Ingredients needed to make Herbed Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushroom
- How to make Herbed Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- Variations on the Herbed Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms recipe
- Equipment used in making Herbed Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- Storage for the Herbed Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- Top tips to know when making Herbed Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- "How to Elevate Your Appetizer Game with Scrumptious Herbed Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms"
Ingredients needed to make Herbed Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushroom
- 1 T. olive oil
- 12 medium white mushrooms, stems removed
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¼ c. parmesan cheese
- 5 T. breadcrumbs, divided
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- ¼ c. parsley, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
How to make Herbed Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Brush mushrooms with olive oil and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, parmesan, 3 tablespoons of breadcrumbs, scallions, and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Fill each mushroom cap with the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle remaining breadcrumbs on top.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Let rest 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Variations on the Herbed Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms recipe
Here are 10 delicious variations to take your Herbed Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms recipe to the next level:
- Bacon Bliss: Add crispy bacon bits to the cream cheese mixture for a smoky, savory twist.
- Spinach and Feta: Mix in finely chopped spinach and crumbled feta cheese for a Mediterranean-inspired flavor profile.
- Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil: Incorporate chopped sun-dried tomatoes and fresh basil leaves for a burst of Italian-inspired goodness.
- Crab Delight: Fold in some lump crabmeat for an indulgent seafood twist. A squeeze of lemon juice complements this variation beautifully.
- Spicy Kick: Spice things up by adding minced jalapeños, red pepper flakes, or a dash of hot sauce to the cream cheese filling.
- Mushroom Medley: Sauté a mix of different mushrooms like shiitake, oyster, or cremini to enhance the mushroomy goodness.
- Pesto Perfection: Swirl in a spoonful of homemade or store-bought pesto for a burst of basil, garlic, and pine nut flavors.
- Smoked Gouda and Chives: Combine grated smoked gouda cheese with fresh chives for a smoky and oniony kick.
- Caramelized Onion: Top each stuffed mushroom with a spoonful of caramelized onions for a sweet and savory contrast.
- Blue Cheese Bonanza: Crumble some pungent blue cheese into the cream cheese mixture for a bold and tangy flavor that pairs wonderfully with mushrooms.
Feel free to mix and match these variations or get creative with your own unique twists. Herbed cream cheese stuffed mushrooms are incredibly versatile, so let your taste buds be your guide, and have fun experimenting in the kitchen!
Equipment used in making Herbed Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
Storage for the Herbed Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
You can store Herbed Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. Here's how to properly store them to maintain their freshness:
- Allow Them to Cool: Let the stuffed mushrooms cool to room temperature before refrigerating them. This helps prevent condensation inside the container, which can make them soggy.
- Transfer to an Airtight Container: Place the stuffed mushrooms in an airtight container. You can also use a resealable plastic bag, but be gentle to avoid squishing them.
- Separate Layers: If you need to stack the stuffed mushrooms in the container, place a sheet of parchment paper or wax paper between the layers to prevent sticking and maintain their presentation.
- Keep Them Cold: Store the container in the refrigerator at a temperature below 40°F (4°C). The colder the better for preserving freshness.
- Reheat with Caution: When you're ready to enjoy your leftovers, reheat them in the oven or microwave at a low setting to avoid overcooking. This helps maintain the quality of the mushrooms and the cream cheese filling.
Please note that while they can be stored for a couple of days, stuffed mushrooms are best when freshly made. The mushrooms may release some moisture as they sit in the refrigerator, which can affect their texture and taste over time. Therefore, for the best flavor and texture, it's recommended to consume them within a day or two of making them.
Top tips to know when making Herbed Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
Here are 10 top tips to keep in mind when whipping up those scrumptious Herbed Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms:
- Choose the Right Mushrooms: Opt for large, firm, and fresh mushrooms like cremini or white button mushrooms. They should have a smooth cap and no signs of spoilage.
- Remove the Stems Carefully: When removing the mushroom stems to create a hollow space for the filling, be gentle to avoid damaging the caps. A small spoon or a melon baller can be handy tools for this task.
- Save the Stems: Don't toss those mushroom stems! Finely chop them and sauté with garlic and onions; then mix them into your cream cheese filling for extra mushroom flavor.
- Precook the Mushroom Caps: Before stuffing, lightly roast or sauté the mushroom caps with a bit of olive oil and salt. This helps enhance their flavor and removes excess moisture.
- Season Well: Don't skimp on the seasoning. Season the cream cheese mixture generously with salt, pepper, and your choice of herbs and spices for maximum flavor.
- Mind the Consistency: Ensure that your cream cheese is softened to room temperature. It makes mixing and stuffing much easier. If it's too cold, you may end up with lumps.
- Use Piping Bag or Ziplock: For a cleaner and more efficient stuffing process, consider using a piping bag or a resealable plastic bag with a corner snipped off to fill the mushroom caps neatly.
- Toppings Galore: Experiment with different toppings like breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, or a drizzle of balsamic glaze to add texture and extra flavor.
- Watch the Oven: Keep an eye on your stuffed mushrooms while they bake. They can go from perfectly golden to overcooked quickly. Aim for a tender mushroom cap and a creamy filling.
- Serve Hot: These treats are best served straight out of the oven or kept warm. They tend to disappear fast, so be prepared for seconds!
With these tips in your back pocket, your Herbed Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms will be a guaranteed hit at any gathering or as a tasty snack for yourself. Enjoy!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: