Chocolate Mug Cake is the perfect low-carb dessert recipe for those who crave a sweet treat but don't want to go overboard on their dietary indulgences. Chocolate Mug Cake is fast and easy enough to make as a snack, but decadent enough to serve up after dinner – no special baking skills are required!
With just a few ingredients and some microwaving time, you can create this delicious Chocolate Mug Cake in minutes with very little effort. Whether you're baking it for yourself or others, Chocolate Mug Cake is sure to satisfy everyone's chocolate cravings.
Chocolate Mug Cake is the perfect dessert for a quick fix.
Delicious and low-carb, the Chocolate Mug Cake is the perfect dessert for a quick fix. This delicious treat contains all of the goodness you'd expect from a chocolate cake without any of the guilt! All you need to do to make this delicious cake is just follow the simple recipe, which should only take five minutes or so. The deliciousness of this Chocolate Mug Cake will fill your heart with joy – it's as easy as that. So why wait? Get out there and try it today!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 1 minute
- Chocolate Mug Cake is the perfect dessert for a quick fix.
- Ingredients needed to make Chocolate Mug Cake
- Instructions for making Chocolate Mug Cake
- Variations on the Chocolate Mug Cake recipe
- Equipment used to make Chocolate Mug Cake
- Storage for the Chocolate Mug Cake
- Top tips on making Chocolate Mug Cake
- Chocolate Mug Cake
Ingredients needed to make Chocolate Mug Cake
1½ T. coconut flour
½ t. baking powder
1¾ T. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 T. unsalted butter
1½ T. low-carb sweetener of choice*
2 T. heavy cream
¼ t. pure vanilla extract
¼ t. salt
Fresh sliced strawberries, to serve
Instructions for making Chocolate Mug Cake
- Add the first three ingredients to a small mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Melt butter in a small bowl in a microwave for several seconds. Add low-carb sweetener and stir until completely dissolved. Add egg, heavy cream, vanilla extract, and salt to the butter mixture and whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and stir until thoroughly blended. Pour the blended mixture into a mug or small microwave-safe container and microwave on high for 1 minute.**
- Remove from microwave and serve immediately with fresh sliced strawberries, if desired. Enjoy!
Variations on the Chocolate Mug Cake recipe
When it comes to variations, the Chocolate Mug Cake recipe is perhaps one of the most versatile desserts around. There are countless variations you can make to customize this low-carb treat to match your cravings. Add cream cheese for a bit of tangy richness or put in some peanut butter for a nutty deliciousness — whatever variations you choose, this recipe is sure to satisfy. Plus, with only five minutes from start to finish, you can whip up your perfect mug cake in no time!
Equipment used to make Chocolate Mug Cake
Storage for the Chocolate Mug Cake
If you're looking for a delicious dessert with little storage time, the Chocolate Mug Cake is the perfect option. Not only is it incredibly easy to make with just a few ingredients, but because of its small size, it can be kept in the fridge for up to four days after baking. This storage time ensures that you can enjoy your Chocolate Mug Cake all week long if you choose the right low-carb recipe. It's an amazing treat that won't take up too much storage space and will keep in the fridge for almost as long as bigger desserts.
Top tips on making Chocolate Mug Cake
Making a delicious dessert doesn't have to be time-consuming or complicated – with the top tips to making the Chocolate Mug Cake recipe, you can enjoy a mouthwatering sweet treat in just minutes! All you need is a few basic ingredients, a coffee mug, and five minutes of your time. To ensure your dessert comes out top-notch, keep in mind that the secret ingredient of this recipe is coconut flour. Also, though it takes only minutes to make, be sure not to overcook it – this will result in an unpleasant texture and may give the cake an odd flavor.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: