In the world of breakfast foods, there are few things that beat the crunch of a perfectly cooked hash brown. And when you add the creaminess of melted cheese to the mix, you've got yourself a real winner.
The Crispy Cheesy Cast Iron Hash Brown takes this classic side dish to a whole new level, with its golden brown exterior and gooey melted cheese interior. Cooked in a cast iron skillet, this hash brown is crispy on the outside and oh-so-soft on the inside. It's the ultimate breakfast treat that's sure to satisfy.
The combination of crispy golden brown potatoes, melted cheese, and savory spices is simply irresistible.
If you're a fan of breakfast and all things crispy, cheesy, and delicious, then you might have heard about the Crispy Cheesy Cast Iron Hash Brown recipe. This mouth-watering dish has taken the internet by storm, with countless food bloggers and social media influencers sharing their own spins on the recipe. Whether you're a seasoned home cook or a beginner in the kitchen, this recipe is easy to follow and promises to leave you feeling satisfied and happy. The combination of crispy golden brown potatoes, melted cheese, and savory spices is simply irresistible. It's no wonder that this recipe has become such a popular go-to for breakfast, brunch, or any time of the day. Have you tried it yet? If not, give it a go and see for yourself what all the fuss is about!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- The combination of crispy golden brown potatoes, melted cheese, and savory spices is simply irresistible.
- Ingredients needed to make The Crispy Cheesy Cast Iron Hash Brown
- How to make The Crispy Cheesy Cast Iron Hash Brown
- Variations on The Crispy Cheesy Cast Iron Hash Brown recipe
- Equipment used in making The Crispy Cheesy Cast Iron Hash Brown
- Storage for The Crispy Cheesy Cast Iron Hash Brown
- Top tips on making The Crispy Cheesy Cast Iron Hash Brown
- Crispy Cheesy Cast Iron Hash Brown
Ingredients needed to make The Crispy Cheesy Cast Iron Hash Brown
- 3 c. shredded potatoes, patted dry
- ½ c. shredded white onion, patted dry
- 1 c. cheddar jack cheese, finely shredded
- ½ t. garlic powder
- ½ t. dried rosemary (or 1½ t. fresh, finely chopped)
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil (+ more if needed)
- 2 T. unsalted butter
How to make The Crispy Cheesy Cast Iron Hash Brown
- Add the potatoes, onion, cheese, garlic powder, rosemary, salt, and black pepper to a large bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat until the butter is melted. Carefully swirl the skillet to ensure the bottom is evenly covered.
- Working in batches, add the potatoes to the skillet and shape into patties. Cook until golden brown, approximately 4-5 minutes before flipping. Cook for another 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove hash browns from the skillet and keep warm. Repeat Step #3 with the remaining potato mixture. Add more olive oil to the skillet, as needed.
- Remove from heat and transfer hash browns to individual serving plates. Serve immediately with your choice of sides. Enjoy!
Variations on The Crispy Cheesy Cast Iron Hash Brown recipe
If you're a fan of crispy, cheesy hash browns, then you'll appreciate the many variations that can be applied to this classic dish.
One option is to add some diced bell peppers or onions for an extra burst of flavor and texture. Another option is to sprinkle some bacon or sausage crumbles on top for a savory twist. And for those who love their hash browns with a little heat, try mixing in some diced jalapenos or red pepper flakes.
With endless ways to customize this recipe, there's no doubt that you'll be able to find a variation that tickles your taste buds.
Equipment used in making The Crispy Cheesy Cast Iron Hash Brown
Storage for The Crispy Cheesy Cast Iron Hash Brown
Who doesn't love a good hash brown? And when it's crispy, cheesy, and made in a cast iron skillet, you know it's going to be good. But what happens when you make too much and can't finish it all in one sitting? Fear not, because that Crispy Cheesy Cast Iron Hash Brown can last up to four days in the fridge! Just make sure to store it in an airtight container and reheat it in a skillet for that same delicious crunch. So go ahead and make that big batch of hash browns, knowing you can enjoy it for days to come.
Top tips on making The Crispy Cheesy Cast Iron Hash Brown
If you're looking to add some deliciousness to your breakfast menu, then you absolutely must try the Crispy Cheesy Cast Iron Hash Brown recipe. And to truly make it a standout dish, there are a few tips worth keeping in mind.
For starters, make sure you're using high-quality cheese for that extra layer of flavor. Additionally, resist the urge to stir the hash browns too frequently while they're cooking - this can prevent that coveted crispy texture from forming.
And lastly, don't be afraid to play around with spices and seasonings to make the recipe your own unique creation.
With these tips in mind, your Crispy Cheesy Cast Iron Hash Browns are sure to be a crowd-pleaser at any breakfast table.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: