Get ready to fall in love with this Easy Broccoli Salad with Feta and Toasted Almonds! It's like a flavor explosion in every bite – crisp broccoli florets tossed with creamy feta cheese and the satisfying crunch of toasted almonds. This salad is your new go-to for a quick, delicious, and nutritious meal.
Whether you're enjoying it as a light lunch, a refreshing side, or even a potluck showstopper, the combination of textures and the burst of flavors will have you coming back for seconds. Plus, with minimal prep time and a handful of ingredients, it's a stress-free culinary win that'll make your taste buds dance with joy. Healthy eating never looked (or tasted) so good!
What sets this Easy Broccoli Salad apart is its incredible versatility.
What sets this Easy Broccoli Salad apart is its incredible versatility. Want to add a touch of sweetness? Toss in some dried cranberries or juicy raisins. Craving an extra layer of creaminess? A dollop of Greek yogurt in the dressing does the trick. Customize it to your heart's content – throw in some red onion slices, cherry tomatoes, or even crispy bacon bits for a delightful twist. This salad isn't just a recipe; it's a canvas for culinary creativity. So whether you're a seasoned chef or a kitchen newbie, get ready to whip up a dish that not only satisfies your taste buds but also nourishes your body. The Easy Broccoli Salad with Feta and Toasted Almonds is a true winner, making healthy eating a joyful and scrumptious affair.
Prep time: 15 minutes (plus chilling time if desired)
Cook time: 1 minute, plus time to bring water to a boil
- What sets this Easy Broccoli Salad apart is its incredible versatility.
- Ingredients needed to make Broccoli Salad with Feta and Toasted Almonds!
- How to make Broccoli Salad with Feta and Toasted Almonds!
- Variations on the Broccoli Salad with Feta and Toasted Almonds recipe
- Equipment used in making the Broccoli Salad with Feta and Toasted Almonds!
- Storage for the y Broccoli Salad with Feta and Toasted Almonds!
- Top tips to know when making Broccoli Salad with Feta and Toasted Almonds
- Easy Broccoli Salad with Feta and Toasted Almonds
Ingredients needed to make Broccoli Salad with Feta and Toasted Almonds!
- Sea salt, to taste
- 2 medium heads broccoli, cut into bite-size florets
- ½ c. Feta cheese crumbles
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ c. toasted almonds
- 2 T. chives, chopped
- 1 T fresh dill, chopped
- ⅔ c. sour cream
- 3 T. apple cider vinegar
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
How to make Broccoli Salad with Feta and Toasted Almonds!
- Bring 6 cups of salted water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- While waiting for water to boil, prepare an ice bath.
- Once water boils, add broccoli and cook for 1 minute. Drain the broccoli and immediately place into the prepared ice water bath.
- Once cool, drain well and place into salad spinner to remove all of the moisture, spinning at least twice. Alternatively pat dry with clean kitchen towels.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, vinegar, mustard. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- In a large serving bowl, add cooled broccoli and remaining salad ingredients.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients and toss until everything is combined and fully coated with the dressing.
- Salad may be eaten immediately or refrigerated until ready to serve. Best flavor is attained when allowed to chill for at least 30 minutes.
Variations on the Broccoli Salad with Feta and Toasted Almonds recipe
let's take that broccoli salad on a flavor adventure with these 10 awesome variations:
- Tropical Twist: Add diced pineapple, shredded coconut, and a sprinkle of chili flakes for a sweet and spicy twist.
- Mediterranean Medley: Swap feta for crumbled goat cheese, add Kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
- Curry Delight: Mix in golden raisins, chopped cashews, and a touch of curry powder to elevate the taste to exotic heights.
- Creamy Avocado Bliss: Mash ripe avocado into the dressing for a creamy texture, then toss in diced avocado chunks for extra richness.
- Crispy Prosciutto Perfection: Crisp up prosciutto in the oven and crumble it over the salad for a salty, crunchy kick.
- Honey Mustard Magic: Blend honey and Dijon mustard into the dressing, and throw in some diced apples for a sweet crunch.
- Greek Goddess: Incorporate chopped cucumber, red onion, and black olives, then drizzle with tzatziki for a Greek-inspired treat.
- Asian Fusion: Add chopped edamame, mandarin orange segments, and crushed peanuts, then dress with a soy-ginger vinaigrette.
- Parmesan Punch: Swap feta for shaved Parmesan, and include toasted pine nuts for a nutty, cheesy bite.
- Zesty Ranch Extravaganza: Mix ranch seasoning into the dressing, add crispy bacon bits, and top with cheddar cheese shreds for a ranch-inspired delight.
With these variations, your Easy Broccoli Salad with Feta and Toasted Almonds is ready to dazzle taste buds from every corner of the flavor spectrum! 🥦🧀🥗
Equipment used in making the Broccoli Salad with Feta and Toasted Almonds!
Storage for the y Broccoli Salad with Feta and Toasted Almonds!
You can typically store the Easy Broccoli Salad with Feta and Toasted Almonds in the fridge for about 3 to 4 days. However, keep in mind that the texture of the broccoli and the overall freshness of the salad may start to decline after the first day or two. To help prolong its shelf life, store the salad in an airtight container and avoid adding any dressing until you're ready to serve. Additionally, if you notice any signs of spoilage, such as off smells or changes in color, it's best to err on the side of caution and not consume it.
Top tips to know when making Broccoli Salad with Feta and Toasted Almonds
Here are 10 top tips to ensure your Easy Broccoli Salad with Feta and Toasted Almonds turns out fabulously:
- Blanch for Brilliance: Quickly blanch broccoli florets in boiling water, then plunge into ice water to lock in vibrant color and crispness.
- Feta Finesse: Use crumbled or cubed feta for your preferred texture, and go for a quality feta that'll deliver that creamy tang.
- Toasty Perfection: Toast almonds in a dry skillet over medium heat until fragrant and golden brown – it adds a nutty dimension.
- Dress It Up: Whisk the dressing ingredients separately before tossing, ensuring even distribution of flavors throughout the salad.
- Let It Marinate: Allow the salad to sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes before serving; it lets the flavors mingle and intensify.
- Crunchy Additions: Experiment with crushed pretzels, crispy chickpeas, or crunchy quinoa for an extra layer of texture.
- Diced Goodness: If you prefer smaller bites, dice broccoli florets into bite-sized pieces for easier eating and a more uniform mix.
- Balancing Act: Adjust the sweetness and acidity in the dressing to suit your taste – a touch of honey or a splash of lemon juice can work wonders.
- Fresh Herbs Boost: Throw in chopped fresh herbs like parsley, basil, or dill to elevate the freshness and aroma of your salad.
- Customize Away: Play around with dried fruits, different nuts, and additional veggies to make the salad truly your own culinary masterpiece.
Get ready to whip up a broccoli salad that's not only easy but also bursting with flavors and textures that'll leave everyone craving more! 🥦🧀🥗
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: