Steamed cod and vegetables make for a truly healthy and delicious dinner recipe. This is an incredibly easy dish that requires very few ingredients, but always packs loads of flavor. Whether you’re looking to save time or whip up something balanced, steaming cod and vegetables is the perfect remedy.
Cooking everything together ensures that all the elements of the meal share in the existing moisture and flavors will be absorbed throughout, elevating any home-cooked meal. Get creative with your favorite veggies or choose classic combinations; either way, you’re sure to enjoy a delectable dish!
Steamed Cod and Vegetables is a simple, yet hearty dinner recipe that is sure to please your taste buds, as well as provide beneficial nutrients
Steamed Cod and Vegetables is a simple, yet hearty dinner recipe that is sure to please your taste buds, as well as provide beneficial nutrients to keep your body feeling healthy and energized. This healthy, delicious dish combines some of nature’s best foods - cod fish and a variety of veggies, such as carrots, bell peppers, celery, corn, peas, and more - that are cooked together in their own juices with just the right amount of seasoning. With its high-quality proteins, vitamins, and minerals as well as low carbohydrate content, this recipe makes for an ideal dinner option for those looking to make healthy eating choices.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1.5 lbs cod filet, cut into desired serving portions
- ½ t. ground coriander
- ½ t. ground saffron
- ½ t. ground bell pepper
- 1 medium broccoli head
- 3-4 small bell peppers, multi-colored for best visual appearance
- 8-10 mushrooms, trimmed
- 4 medium carrots, washed, not peeled
- 1 medium lemon, cut into quarters.
- Sea salt, black pepper, to taste
- Water for steaming, per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Wash the cod filet, lightly pat dry and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine coriander, saffron, and ground bell pepper. Mix well. Evenly sprinkle over the cod.
- Wash all the vegetables. Cut bell pepper in half and remove seeds. Cut broccoli into large florets. Leave the carrots whole or cut them into large chunks.
- Pour water into the bottom of the steamer per the instructions of your model. Place seasoned cod on the bottom shelf of the steamer and all of the vegetables in the top basket.
- Season vegetables with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Steam fish for approximately 20 minutes. Depending on the size of the vegetables, 20 minutes should result in tender-crisp results. If desired, remove the fish and continue steaming vegetables for an additional 5 minutes to achieve desired results.
- Cut cooked vegetables into bite-size pieces.
- Place fish on each serving plate, add vegetables, and squeeze fresh lemon juice over each serving....Enjoy.
When you're looking to cook a healthy and delicious dinner, top tip number one is to use the best ingredients. When making Light & Healthy Steamed Cod and Vegetables, there are lots of variations in ingredients you can use to make the dish interesting. Try using different vegetables to mix up the flavors or choose a different type of fish such as salmon for even more flavor. You can also experiment with some herbs and spices if desired, although in this case, less is usually more! So don't be afraid to get creative when making this healthy and delicious dinner recipe.
If you're looking to eat healthy and delicious, Light & Healthy Steamed Cod and Vegetables make a great dinner recipe. After it has been cooked, storage in the refrigerator is the best option for keeping it fresh and safe. It should stay good for three or four days, so you can be sure your meal will taste just as good when reheated! Whether served alongside some savory sides or simply enjoyed on its own as a light lunch, this dish is always a great storage option to have in your fridge.
Trying to make a healthy and delicious dinner doesn't have to be complicated! Making Steamed Cod and Vegetables is an easy and flavorful way to whip up an impressive meal; all you need are a few top tips to get the perfect result. Firstly, choose the type of fish you want to use - a white flaky fish like cod is best for this dish. Secondly, make sure the vegetables you choose are fresh - they will become more tender when cooked, making them easier to mix with the fish. Finally, keep an eye on your portions - steam in small batches and add spices as desired. With these top tips, making a delicious steamed cod and vegetable dinner can be easier than ever!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: